Son Goku Getting A Second Chance Against Omega Shenron...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Son Goku Getting A Second Chance Against Omega Shenron...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:10 am

How would things have played out if in the Shadow Dragons Saga of the Dragon Ball GT series, Son Goku had been killed by trying to stop Omega Shenron’s Negative Karma Ball from destroying the Earth but the original form of the Shenron we had known since the first Dragon Ball series had been able to muster just enough of his strength as an Eternal Dragon to have given Son Goku the opportunity to have a second chance against Omega Shenron? Like, as for an example, Son Goku waking up as himself, but from clearly remembering what had happened to him such as like failing to put a stop to the evil Omega Shenron and dying as a result, before noticing to his complete and utter shock, he was just about to go up against Uub deep within Dende’s Lookout and perhaps most of all, he was back into his original adult body and his original set of casual clothes?
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: Son Goku Getting A Second Chance Against Omega Shenron...

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:01 pm

Well, I am not sure...

Would things change actually? I can only see Goku having an advantage over all of his fights in GT, due to him having the body of an adult. Of course, knowing what would happen, would change the time flow itself, creating an alternate reality.

He would know of Baby's existence alongside with the rest of the Neo-Machine Mutants. As such, after investigating the matter with more care, our heroes would have probably snicked inside Dr. Myuu's facility and destroyed Baby. This, this changes everything though....

GT would still take place, but in the main timeline nothing would have happened. We are in an parallel universe. Without having to fight Baby Vegeta, Goku would perhaps kill or capture Myuu. No SSJ4 yet. With Myuu, imprisoned, the Doctor wouldn't go to hell. He wouldn't meet with Gero. No Super 17 either for this timeline!!

But still, the Shadow Dragons would eventually come. Given that Goku was alerted of their existence, despite the changes in history that he caused, he probably waited for them. It is possible that he asked from Elder Kai to solve the problem without the need to fight the Dragons. This would have made GT a rather peaceful era.

I guess, that things could go on differently, but if he could avoid such dangers, then why not stopping them before they even became materialized threats?
P O W E R

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:01 pm Well, I am not sure...

Would things change actually? I can only see Goku having an advantage over all of his fights in GT, due to him having the body of an adult. Of course, knowing what would happen, would change the time flow itself, creating an alternate reality.

He would know of Baby's existence alongside with the rest of the Neo-Machine Mutants. As such, after investigating the matter with more care, our heroes would have probably snicked inside Dr. Myuu's facility and destroyed Baby. This, this changes everything though....

GT would still take place, but in the main timeline nothing would have happened. We are in an parallel universe. Without having to fight Baby Vegeta, Goku would perhaps kill or capture Myuu. No SSJ4 yet. With Myuu, imprisoned, the Doctor wouldn't go to hell. He wouldn't meet with Gero. No Super 17 either for this timeline!!

But still, the Shadow Dragons would eventually come. Given that Goku was alerted of their existence, despite the changes in history that he caused, he probably waited for them. It is possible that he asked from Elder Kai to solve the problem without the need to fight the Dragons. This would have made GT a rather peaceful era.

I guess, that things could go on differently, but if he could avoid such dangers, then why not stopping them before they even became materialized threats?
Thank you very much for being the very first to answer this, Grand Marshal 1. But I have one last question to ask of you, with all of his knowldge about most of Dragon Ball GT, do you think Son Goku would have tried to train himself and the GT Fighters to better prepare themselves just in case?

Like Son Goku not wanting to take any chances against the likes of Baby Vegeta, since the last known living Tuffle Parasite that had infected Vegeta had ridiculed the hell out of him in his Super Saiyan 3 form and it took his Super Saiyan 4 form being powered-up to it’s absolute pinnacle at that point of time to be able to let him to finally put an end to the Immortal Monster, Super 17, since the even more powerful foe than the likes of Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta himself was a Cyborg and Machine-Mutant hybrid who had pretty much tanked or rather absorbed almost everything he had thrown at the Ultimate Android in his Full Power Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 4 forms. And it took a Super Dragon Fist and Super Kamehameha from him to defeat Super 17, but especially the likes of Omega Shenron, since the Dragon of Absolute Destruction had actually managed to do the absolute impossible and even survive his 10x Kamehameha and Super Dragon Fist as a Super Full Power Saiyan 4 and an absurdly powerful Big Bang Kamehameha from freaking Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta himself?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:26 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:01 pm Well, I am not sure...

Thank you very much for being the very first to answer this, Grand Marshal 1. But I have one last question to ask of you, with all of his knowldge about most of Dragon Ball GT, do you think Son Goku would have tried to train himself and the GT Fighters to better prepare themselves just in case?

Like Son Goku not wanting to take any chances against the likes of Baby Vegeta, since the last known living Tuffle Parasite that had infected Vegeta had ridiculed the hell out of him in his Super Saiyan 3 form and it took his Super Saiyan 4 form being powered-up to it’s absolute pinnacle at that point of time to be able to let him to finally put an end to the Immortal Monster, Super 17, since the even more powerful foe than the likes of Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta himself was a Cyborg and Machine-Mutant hybrid who had pretty much tanked or rather absorbed almost everything he had thrown at the Ultimate Android in his Full Power Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 4 forms. And it took a Super Dragon Fist and Super Kamehameha from him to defeat Super 17, but especially the likes of Omega Shenron, since the Dragon of Absolute Destruction had actually managed to do the absolute impossible and even survive his 10x Kamehameha and Super Dragon Fist as a Super Full Power Saiyan 4 and an absurdly powerful Big Bang Kamehameha from freaking Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta himself?
Anytime mate :thumbup:

Well, now that you mention it, knowing Goku's personality and love for fights, yes, I think that he could probably train with everyone for that reason. Besides, in your "what-if" the black star dragon balls weren't used yet. Which means that we can avoid the first arc about gathering them (which was kinda boring for the viewers too xD).

With so much time to train, Vegeta could get back on his peak, Goku could probably achieve SSJ4 earlier, Majuub could have existed earlier, Goten and Trunks would train more and Gotenks would be far stronger and of course Gohan would try to re-awake his old self, while training with Piccolo.

Lol, this sounds like the ToP. Yes, we could get that is a shape or form. The fighters preparing themselves. Developing strategies and tactics for their upcoming enemies. If the arrival of Baby was inevitable, then Baby Vegeta would give Goku a much harder time to defeat, however Gotenks would be a good ally now that he has trained and Gohan should be near his father's SSJ3 level.

Vegeta could probably attain SSJ4 without the help of Bulma's machine, due to his already trained self, improving and adapting in the power of a Golden Great Ape, through Baby.

Super 17 would probably have to face off against 2 SSJ4s. Seeing how in his Maximum Power state, he overwhelmed SSJ4 Goku, Vegeta could offer some help. Then we could get a different approach. Like 18 being absorbed by S17, similarly to what happened in Dragon Ball Heroes. The enemiesbof GT would be of a higher tier. A difficult fight, but one that the heroes would win.

The shadow dragons would be defeated easily (at least the weaker ones). Against Omega Shenron, Ultimate Gohan, SSJ3 Gotenks and Majuub wouldn't add a lot to the fight, but they wouldn't be 100% fodder.

Perhaps in the end, a massive combined attack could kill Omega, instead of using the Spirit Bomb, but if Gigeta was a thing again, he would be even stronger and with the helpbof the others, he would successfully unleash his ×100 Big Bang Kamehameha on Omega. He might even had to use it only once. But nah...
P O W E R