What does Ki output mean?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Re: What does Ki output mean?

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:37 pm
I never said they aren’t ki.
You said SSB doesn't have ki output because it's God Ki. That implies that it's not a form of ki.

Power is how Freeza calls ki, Babidi calls it energy.
I don't recall Frieza calling it power. Ki is energy, but ki output is power.

the usage of those words seems perfectly acceptable among this community.
It's not unique to this community. The terms are used interchangeably all the time in an informal context.

So far, you are the only person I have found to have this kind of problem with how Dragon Ball treats ki.
I don't have a problem with how Dragon Ball treats ki.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:54 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:53 pm You said SSB doesn't have ki output because it's God Ki. That implies that it's not a form of ki.
No.. that’s not my point. Have you watched Dragon Ball Super anyway? Whis explains that one of the process for a mortal to reach godly strength is to raise ki without letting it leak out. Then, the body starts emitting divine energy instead, that is not detectable by ordinary beings or devices, only by gods or people trained by a god to develop that sense. Other people just feel a sort of pressure from it.
I don't recall Frieza calling it power. Ki is energy, but ki output is power.
Read the guide again. Battle power is how Freeza and his army call it. “Ki output” is a fan word.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:34 am

Are we talking about "ki leakage" as in the small amounts of energy a person loses when they power up, or the force of their aura that can be sensed by others? DB in general has been very wishy-washy about the relationship between these two things.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:43 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:34 am Are we talking about "ki leakage" as in the small amounts of energy a person loses when they power up, or the force of their aura that can be sensed by others? DB in general has been very wishy-washy about the relationship between these two things.
Everything enters in the realm of “ki leakage”, by Dragon Ball Super standard, but “ki output” is more about the amount of power they are capable to dish out against someone else than the power that can be felt from them. Like a status in a game.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:24 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:54 am
No.. that’s not my point. Have you watched Dragon Ball Super anyway? Whis explains that one of the process for a mortal to reach godly strength is to raise ki without letting it leak out. Then, the body starts emitting divine energy instead, that is not detectable by ordinary beings or devices, only by gods or people trained by a god to develop that sense. Other people just feel a sort of pressure from it.
I said all of this before you replied to me saying SSB doesn't have ki output. I said SSB's ki output is voluntary (ergo, not a leakage).

Then, the body starts emitting divine energy instead
That's an output! Listen to yourself.
Read the guide again. Battle power is how Freeza and his army call it. “Ki output” is a fan word.
I don't need to read the guide again. Battle power is the numerical value that their scouters read, and this value tends to go up whenever they are powering up.

I don't think you're keeping up with what we are discussing nor do I think you're trying to make any particular point. You're just debating for the sake of it, but you're jumping around making points that I myself have made, as well as retorting against my points for no particular reason. What are you trying to argue?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:06 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:24 pm I said all of this before you replied to me saying SSB doesn't have ki output. I said SSB's ki output is voluntary (ergo, not a leakage).
I said SSBlue doesn’t have regular ki output.. and I explained in detail why this is the case. If you feel more comfortable, it has energy output.
I don't think you're keeping up with what we are discussing nor do I think you're trying to make any particular point. You're just debating for the sake of it, but you're jumping around making points that I myself have made, as well as retorting against my points for no particular reason. What are you trying to argue?
Curiously, that’s exactly the impression I got from you. For some reason, you think Dragon Ball is trying to teach us the technical definition of power. As I have reiterated, battle power is just how Freeza calls ki.

Despite their inability to sense it naturally, Freeza and his men were quite aware of ki (they were still able to perform ki attacks, for instance). But for them, ki was not any sort of life-energy, but merely energy used for fighting and nothing else. And so accordingly, they referred to it as “battle power” (sentō-ryoku in Japanese; check out the translation history for other terms used).

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:09 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:06 am
I said SSBlue doesn’t have regular ki output..
No, you said it doesn't have ki output.
For some reason, you think Dragon Ball is trying to teach us the technical definition of power.
No I don't. The OP asked a question and I gave an answer.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed May 01, 2019 7:58 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:09 pm No, you said it doesn't have ki output.
I did put ki between quotation marks to emphasize I was comparing it to God ki. Saying SSBlue has ki output could be interpreted erroneously. So, I suggested using energy output instead.
The OP asked a question and I gave an answer.
As I told in the posts that were lost in the back-up, your answer is subjected to contradictory, anyone is entitled to reply if they found something requires clarification. We aim for completeness. As you can see in the previous page, you said “ki output = power level = what one can dish out” in your first post.

So, to leave it more clear to the OP, substitute ki output by energy output, remove power level from the equation and there you have “energy output = what one can dish out”.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Wed May 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:58 am Saying SSBlue has ki output could be interpreted erroneously.
As can anything, really.

anyone is entitled to reply if they found something requires clarification.
I suppose. Reply away then.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 02, 2019 10:37 am

General reminder that one-line-quote-and-response back-and-forths are frowned upon, as stated in our community guidelines.

If you don't like the way someone is responding to you in either tone or content, you're under no obligation to keep poking back at them. Just move on.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::