The Order of the Gods

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

The Order of the Gods

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:47 am

Hey guys! I am here today with a new post. The theme for this thread is going to be the order of the gods! I will try to give you my perspective on how I understand the role of each god and I will wait for your correction if I happen to be mistaken. Without further ado, let us begin!

First things first, the Guardians. Like Kami and Dende. Each Guardian has the role to protect the world on which they are stationed and make sure that all it's creatures are safe. Not every single world has a Guardian though. Only worlds with sentient beings do. The Guardians role is also to guide these beings to evolve and to progress in order to reach a good way of life, while simultaneously helping other sentient races. Each Guardian has an attendant, probably appointed by a higher ranking deity, with said attendant being some sort of a demi-god, like Mr. Popo. Earth, Planet Vegeta, Name and New Namek (in the form of the eldest of all Namekians) and other planets home to intelligent beings, should have a duo of a Guardian and their attendant to watch over it.

Then we move to the Kais. The Kings of the Universe. There are 4 Kais in control of a specific territory within the Universe. Each one of the Kais control a quadrant of a universal territory. They are appointed to each one of the four cardinal and share the same duties as the Guardians, however in a galactic scale. However, some Kais have the potential of becoming malice beings that wish to destroy instead of creating. These are the Evil Kais or Makaios

We then have a Grand Kai, who acts as a supervisor to the 4 Kais. He makes sure that each Kai has total contool over their quadrant and that no Kai has evil intents concerning the creation. He is a leader of the Kings of the Universe. He could be considered the supreme deity, but his is not one, as they, too, answer to a superior deity.

The Supreme Kais. Now, in my opinion each Supreme Kai governs a quadrant of the Universe itself. Then under them, there are 4 Kais and 1 Grand Kai. Why would they be the Gods of the Kings if they only had 1 Kai to answer to them? Well, each Supreme Kai has the role of a regular Kai or of the Grand Kai, plus they create new lifeforms, while also seeing their progress as species. These are the true gods of creation. There are some secondary ranks among them though that we should discuss about.

There are the Supreme Kai Disciples, who are non-Shinjin individuals that have received training from the Supreme Kais. Gohan is for example such a being. Nothing godly about the rank, however it is possible for a Supreme Kai Disciple to enter the Kaioshin Realm, or the Sacred World of the Kais, whether an entity as high ranking as a Grand Kai cannot. So it is up to the Supreme Kais to choose whether there are going to be any Disciples or not.

Then, there are the Supreme Kai Attendants like Kibito and Universe 6's attendant. They are helpers of a regular Supreme Kai and some times act as their bodyguards. They are still considered Supreme Kais, but not of the same ranking as the regular ones, however still above a Grand Kai. This rank is optional and not every Universe has Supreme Kai Attendants.

Finally, the Supreme Kai Apprentices. Of all the lesser Supreme Kais, these are the ones with the greatest power that rivals the originals. They are past Kais or new Shinjin born from a Golden fruit of the Kaiju Tree in their world, that learn the duties of a full Supreme Kai. Zamasu is a perfect example of this. Similarly to the other ranks, he was not a Supreme Kai, as he couldn't wear the green-colored Potara or the Time Ring, however he was treated as one, unlike the Supreme Kai Attendants and Disciples.

Lastly, there is the rarest instance of all. It only exists in Universe 7 and that is the case of the Elder Kai. Although a Supreme Kai of the ancient times, he still retains his Supreme Kai status, despite his name. This means that it is possible for an elder Supreme Kai who has been decommissioned, but not died, to enter service as an instructor to the Supreme Kais of a Universe, with him being on the same rank as them, but still regarded as a superior god.

We close off with the greatest god of them all. Protector of an entire Universe. The Grand Supreme Kai. Daikaio is such a being. Technically a Supreme Kai, howver with greater power and more important role, as he is responsible for the creation cycle in the entire existence. There have been no indications of a Grand Supreme Kai existing in another Universe, however it is possible that there is.

I forgot to mention that similarly to the Kais, even the Supreme Kais can be corrupted by evil. Then we get an Evil Supreme Kai or a Makaioshin. In my opinion, the evil gods reflect the hierarchy of the benevolent gods. That said, each Universe, according to it's Gods, it also has evil counterparts for all of them. It could be simply a rare instance though, however beings like Mechikabura seem to be some short of an "Evil Grand Supreme Kai", beings like Demigra "Evil Supreme Kais" and beings like Dabura "Evil Kais". That said, all Demon Gods are probably the evil variants of the Kais. If thtt is the case, then the Demon Realm race is probably the evil Shinjins. Cannot be sure though, but it would make sense.

This regarding the Kais and the Supreme Kais. Now to move on to the Gods of Destruction. Things are way easier with them. Their first rank is that of an Agent of Destruction. Powerful beings handpicked by a God of Destruction to assist them in their quest for, what else, destruction. Freeza was an Agent of Destruction for a while, as his power was unmatched in the Universe and he was very weak to refuse to Beerus. So he carried out his orders.

Then we have the God of Destruction Candidates. Although Goku and Vegeta refused to receive the rank, due to them not wanting the position of a God of Destruction, they were considered to be at the level of a Candidate, if not superior. Toppo is the perfect example of this. Someone who trains to exclusively gain access to Destruction Energy and to utilize godly powers in their regular state (more evident in the Manga, with his "Aura of a God" form which looks like his Anime's red aura fully-powered Base form). One can be a Candidate, only if requested to become one and their power that is needed to be considered one has to do with how powerful the God of Destruction is in their Universe.

And then, we have the bosses themselves. The Gods of Destruction. Not much is to be said about them, however it should be noted that only one exists in every single Universe, making them comparable to a Grand Supreme Kai. Their life link with the Supreme Kais is probably referring to all the full-raneed Supreme Kais, as even after Majin Buu killed every god, Beerus survived because of Shin doing so. It is possible that he would survive anyway because of the Elder Kai being sealed in the Z sword (which is also a reason why Beerus didn't kill him, besides the immorality of such an act).

Each God of Destruction has an Angel Attendant to watch over them. Not only are the Angels unfathomably stronger, but they are the teaches of each God of Destruction, making them the most powerful beings in a Universe.

Leaving the GoDs and the Kais aside, there are multiple individual, lesser deities within a Universe, with Universe 7 being home to the most prominent of all, the Super Saiyan Gods. Vegeta, Goku and Broly (the original) all Super Saiyan Gods. And just for the sake of fun I will add Cumber, the Evil Saiyan, who although isn't a deity or a Super Saiyan God, he is the rival and opponent to the original Super Saiyan God, so he can be considered as some sort of a god level threat, with Yamoshi being that person.

How do you think that order of the gods functions? Type down your opinions and tell me if I missed something, thanks!
Last edited by Grand Marshal 1 on Thu May 02, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
P O W E R

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Order of the Gods

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 02, 2019 9:31 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:47 amOf course, Yamoshi is the original Super Saiyan God.
No, he isn't.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:47 amHow do you think that order of the gods functions? Type down your opinions and tell me if I missed something, thanks!
I think it's interesting to have a hierarchy amongst the gods and while I don't mind their design (except for Zeno), Dragon Ball should really take them just a little bit more serious. Ever since the concept of creation and destruction was added, we haven't seen the gods doing their supposed roles, creating and destroying. It's also a bit annoying how a high-ranked god like Beerus now spends most of his time on Earth for no reason, it kinda diminish the character.

I also find hella interesting for the gods to have a dark counterpart, but unfortunately we can't appreciate this because this concept hasn't been explored yet. The closest thing we have to that would be what Dragon Ball Heroes is presenting, but they don't use the words "Makaio" and "Makaioshin" either, so we don't know if they are actually the evil gods introduced in the 2009 guidebook.

And then we have Kaioshin of Time, of course, which I wonder if there can be more other kinds of gods. Like... Kaioshin of Space?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: The Order of the Gods

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:36 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:31 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:47 amOf course, Yamoshi is the original Super Saiyan God.
No, he isn't.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:47 amHow do you think that order of the gods functions? Type down your opinions and tell me if I missed something, thanks!
I think it's interesting to have a hierarchy amongst the gods and while I don't mind their design (except for Zeno), Dragon Ball should really take them just a little bit more serious. Ever since the concept of creation and destruction was added, we haven't seen the gods doing their supposed roles, creating and destroying. It's also a bit annoying how a high-ranked god like Beerus now spends most of his time on Earth for no reason, it kinda diminish the character.

I also find hella interesting for the gods to have a dark counterpart, but unfortunately we can't appreciate this because this concept hasn't been explored yet. The closest thing we have to that would be what Dragon Ball Heroes is presenting, but they don't use the words "Makaio" and "Makaioshin" either, so we don't know if they are actually the evil gods introduced in the 2009 guidebook.

And then we have Kaioshin of Time, of course, which I wonder if there can be more other kinds of gods. Like... Kaioshin of Space?
Oh, I forgot Chronoa! Well, I do agree though. We need to take a more in-depth look into the gods and their hierarchy. I guess that a Kaioshin of Space wouldn't probably be a thing, because basically regular Surreme Kais are in control of space, of territories. Now controlling space itself or actually protecting it, sounds more like a role to the already existent gods.

But DBH has truly done a magnificent (in my opinion) work with the demon realm, so I would love to see something concerning the Demon Gods being brought on Super with the correct terminology.
P O W E R