Does Freeza's Race Reproduce Similar To Namekians?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Does Freeza's Race Reproduce Similar To Namekians?

Post by theherodjl » Sun May 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Freeza himself was birthed by Cold alone so does that mean Freeza grew inside Cold and then Cold expelled Freeza from an orifice, namely his mouth? Or did he go out the other end like how a lot of biological organisms do?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Does Freeza's Race Reproduce Similar To Namekians?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 05, 2019 7:42 pm

Perhaps it is some sort of binary fission.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun May 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:42 pm Perhaps it is some sort of binary fission.
Freeza is considerably smaller than his father and looks somewhat different so he isn't a simple split of Cold.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 05, 2019 9:50 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:24 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:42 pm Perhaps it is some sort of binary fission.
Freeza is considerably smaller than his father and looks somewhat different so he isn't a simple split of Cold.
Well most people assume that King Cold stays in his second form.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 06, 2019 9:20 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:50 pm
theherodjl wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:24 pm
Well most people assume that King Cold stays in his second form.
I don't think most people do. Freeza is states to be stronger than his father but they were close enough.

If his father was suppressed x2 That wouldn't be the case.

After witnessing freeza get owned, even with the sword, there's no way he'd stay in the same form.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon May 06, 2019 1:09 pm

It depends really. I like to compare Freeza and his species to lizards because they seem to resemble them the most outside of being humanoids. With that being mentioned, I think there's four different methods of reproduction -- oviparous (egg laying), ovoviviparous (retaining eggs inside body until ready for birth), viviparous (live birth with a kind of placental connection to the bearer), parthenogenic (asexual reproduction). Freeza's species is probably more akin to the whiptail lizards who are entirely female and reproduce asexually than anything, except it appears to be sexually the opposite with the males being the ones to bear offspring (assuming they're aren't any females or that there different sub-species to Freeza's physiological being).

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue May 07, 2019 12:51 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:50 pmWell most people assume that King Cold stays in his second form.
Some degree of the fanbase might believe that Cold has transformations just like his children's and is in a restricted form but that is never actually confirmed anywhere besides fanfiction. Chilled is Freeza's grandfather/great-grandfather but he was only ever seen in a state that resembles Freeza's first form: its possible that Cold is the same in that he's a 'step-up' from his father/grandfather in resembling Freeza's next form but not having any other forms himself.

Apslup
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Apslup » Sat May 18, 2019 6:19 pm

It is an option since we don't know the specfics behind the birthing process of Freeza's race (or anything much about them really).

We know Freeza's race reproduces asexually (with the "Freeza was birthed from King Cold alone" quote from Toriyama") but we don't know specfically how.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:41 pm

They're probably asexual like Namekians, although I think egg spitting is a uniquely Namekian trait. Most likely lay eggs like a lizard or bird does (some species can get themselves pregnant). I also have a strange theory that they may give birth through their tails, It would kinda explain why Cell gives birth how he does. Somethings are best kept a secret, I guess. :?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:38 am

Extreme_kai wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:41 pm They're probably asexual like Namekians, although I think egg spitting is a uniquely Namekian trait. Most likely lay eggs like a lizard or bird does (some species can get themselves pregnant). I also have a strange theory that they may give birth through their tails, It would kinda explain why Cell gives birth how he does. Somethings are best kept a secret, I guess. :?
Freeza's Race is reptilian-like so its conceivable they might lay eggs, the question being from which part of the body do the eggs release from? I don't know about their tails since they just seem to be an additional appendage and I don't believe we have ever seen Freeza or members of his race having any noticeable orifice between their legs despite being naked 24/7...so it may be released from their mouths. Freeza's species do not appear to have a biological need to eat or drink so their bellies could lack a digestive system entirely and simply be a reproductive zone.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:40 am

theherodjl wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:38 am
Extreme_kai wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:41 pm They're probably asexual like Namekians, although I think egg spitting is a uniquely Namekian trait. Most likely lay eggs like a lizard or bird does (some species can get themselves pregnant). I also have a strange theory that they may give birth through their tails, It would kinda explain why Cell gives birth how he does. Somethings are best kept a secret, I guess. :?
Freeza's Race is reptilian-like so its conceivable they might lay eggs, the question being from which part of the body do the eggs release from? I don't know about their tails since they just seem to be an additional appendage and I don't believe we have ever seen Freeza or members of his race having any noticeable orifice between their legs despite being naked 24/7...so it may be released from their mouths. Freeza's species do not appear to have a biological need to eat or drink so their bellies could lack a digestive system entirely and simply be a reproductive zone.
Haven't we seen Freeza drinking wine?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:00 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:40 amHaven't we seen Freeza drinking wine?
Yes, we've also seen him eat a crab but there wasn't any clear indication that he was satiating hunger or thirst since they're the only examples of Freeza consuming anything.
More than likely, Freeza drinks wine purely as a cultural thing and ate the crab out of sadism. Seeing how Freeza's species can survive with the majority of their body mass split apart or destroyed, they might lack traditional vital organs and have some other type of biological system.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:26 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:38 am
Not all creatures have their genitalia out on full display, he probably has internal genitalia as lizards do. Not to be gross, but think of Frieza like a cartoon character like Scooby Doo or Donald Duck. It's presumed like any creature that they can reproduce, but of course, Akira Toriyama is not going to draw his genitals in detail lol. My guess is it's probably under the base of the tail, it'll be a small horizontal slit-like in most reptiles.

I think still the tail thing is a possibility because Toriyama does weird things with alien biologies, like Jaco peeing from his ears or that green octopus king(forgot his name) his penis was one of his tentacles. At least the tail being a birthing tube is a little less gross than people that theorize that it's his penis :lol:
Last edited by Extreme_kai on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:37 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:00 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:40 amHaven't we seen Freeza drinking wine?
Yes, we've also seen him eat a crab but there wasn't any clear indication that he was satiating hunger or thirst since they're the only examples of Freeza consuming anything.
More than likely, Freeza drinks wine purely as a cultural thing and ate the crab out of sadism. Seeing how Freeza's species can survive with the majority of their body mass split apart or destroyed, they might lack traditional vital organs and have some other type of biological system.
https://i.imgur.com/1CSMc5b.png
The manga actually depicts him with viscera, the anime simplified it into baloney slices lol. I think like most other organisms Frieza likely needs to regain energy through sustenance, just because we haven't seen him do it often doesn't negate that. We just haven't been around Frieza long enough to know what the habits of his race truly are. I do think that like many reptiles/lizards he can go much longer without eating through storing water and fat in his tail. As for his hardiness, he pretty much has the lizard autotomy thing on steroids. His biology can be simplified to that of a super space lizard with the extremophile abilities of a tardigrade.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:45 pm

I would imagine Freeza's race are like reptiles, and they could end up laying eggs. Asexual reproduction is possible since most reptiles on Earth reproduce sexually.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/