Information on Super Saiyan 4's power

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Information on Super Saiyan 4's power

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:40 am

QuakingStar wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:20 am Gohan doesn't use the PU state in GT, Gohan just uses SS and for a brief few moments SS2. Just another weird thing they did.
The Perfect Guide says Gohan continued to train in the years following the Buu Saga and the end of Dragon Ball Z to Dragon Ball GT, but in GT the state was dropped from Gohan for some reason.
huh, that is odd

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:45 am

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Goha ... formations Gohan had his potential unlocked still, but in GT just couldn't use Potential Unleashed power-up state. Weirdly..

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:21 am

QuakingStar wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:45 am https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Goha ... formations Gohan had his potential unlocked still, but in GT just couldn't use Potential Unleashed power-up state. Weirdly..
Since little about the form is known could it have been similar to BoG where he absorbed the power into his base getting a superficial boost that made his ssj forms stronger? Nothing says or supports this just a thought

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:09 am

QuakingStar wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:45 am https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Goha ... formations Gohan had his potential unlocked still, but in GT just couldn't use Potential Unleashed power-up state. Weirdly..
that wiki is unreliable though.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:23 am

QuakingStar wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:20 am Gohan doesn't use the PU state in GT, Gohan just uses SS and for a brief few moments SS2. Just another weird thing they did.
The Perfect Guide says Gohan continued to train in the years following the Buu Saga and the end of Dragon Ball Z to Dragon Ball GT, but in GT the state was dropped from Gohan for some reason.
You should check this:
Source: https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations ... -story-qa/

Now, a "super-warrior" doesn't have to mean "Ultimate Gohan", but what other meaning it might have? A super saiyan? He used it in Baby saga as well. He also fought in Baby saga, so "super warrior" reffering to him starting to fight again isn't accurate either. So this interview kinda implies he was Ultimate in Super 17 saga. Now, with DBS existing, we know more about how Ultimate works, but before it was always not so clear, as even in early verison of Battle of Gods, Gohan was using SSJ against Beerus and he WAS Ultimate Gohan in this movie in every way. For me, it always looked like they made Gohan have Ultimate as his base form, or rather his base form being equal in power to his Ultimate form from DBZ.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:52 pm

I have that link, you skipped over the part where he said they dropped that and went with him just showing up instead. Potential Unleashed isn't in GT.

"Around the Super 17 arc in the animation, he came back as a super-warrior all of a sudden, but actually, I personally wanted to put in a heroic episode telling the reason he started fighting again. For instance, people he loved, like Videl, had been hurt, and when in the depths of anguish, he happened to open up his wardrobe, inside was his dōgi from fondly-remembered times. Together with the line, “To think there’d come a day I’d wear this again…”, he brushes off Chi-Chi, who in tears is trying to stop him, and makes a shocking, lightning entrance on the battlefield. Considering the status of the character, I wanted to spend one or two episodes showing that level of resolve, and I recall having even written the plot for it. But it’s a subplot that diverges from the main story, I guess you could say, so due to various circumstances, it never came to fruition, and it ended up stopping at the level of, he takes off his glasses, and takes on the eyes of a warrior. (laughs)

I can’t tell everything, but including both things that made it to animation and things that were shelved, I believe that GT is the crystallization of all the ideas that were spun together like that in that atmosphere of freedom."

and @Anko, for the most part everything is sourced there. There are definitely some things that are wrong, but there are some mods and some certain users who refuse to allow those things to be changed.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:46 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:23 am
You should check this:
Source: https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations ... -story-qa/

Now, a "super-warrior" doesn't have to mean "Ultimate Gohan", but what other meaning it might have? A super saiyan? He used it in Baby saga as well. He also fought in Baby saga, so "super warrior" reffering to him starting to fight again isn't accurate either.
To me super-warrior refers to a really top notch warrior. Not really describing their form but what they can actually do. In Z Gohan was a super-warrior during the Cell Games and vs Super Buu, like Gotenks and Vegito, aside of his forms.

The interviewee mentions Gohan had quit training almost entirely and had to make a comeback, so he was just a warrior at best(a scholar, to quote the guy that wrote half of GT) and was one more among the younger and weaker Trunks, Goten and Bra.
So, to me becoming a super-warrior like in Z would be Gohan becoming relevant once again and not fodder, although he ended up being it anyway. Like a mid-table team becoming a top 4 team.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 am

There is currently a Super Saiyan 4 Goku Unlimited Wafer card from Bandai that seems to have some info on it. I haven't found a larger and better quality image yet though

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 am

QuakingStar wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 am There is currently a Super Saiyan 4 Goku Unlimited Wafer card from Bandai that seems to have some info on it. I haven't found a larger and better quality image yet though
Interesting, i'll search that

SaiyanKingMike

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 am

p-hyvo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 am
QuakingStar wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 am There is currently a Super Saiyan 4 Goku Unlimited Wafer card from Bandai that seems to have some info on it. I haven't found a larger and better quality image yet though
Interesting, i'll search that
Defiantly interested in any information anyone digs up on that card. Any new info on ssj4 I'd like to hear

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:47 pm

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:35 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:47 pm There are 2 versions of the card https://dragonball.news/news_images/m200323455_3.jpg
I can't read what's written on the card, cancyou find the text?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:14 am

p-hyvo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:35 pm
QuakingStar wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:47 pm There are 2 versions of the card https://dragonball.news/news_images/m200323455_3.jpg
I can't read what's written on the card, cancyou find the text?
here https://imgur.com/a/fmUuJxv

"The mighty state of a Saiyan who can stay rational even when being Ohzaru, awakened in the final battle with Super Baby. His special move is ten times stronger Kamehameha with red aura!"

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:17 am

Damn, still nothing new.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:17 am

QuakingStar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:17 am Damn, still nothing new.
What exactly are you looking for?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:27 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:17 am Damn, still nothing new.
Nothing impressive or important

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:38 pm

I'm looking for new information. Toei created GT and Super Saiyan 4 with Toriyama's approval. Toei also does the Dragon Ball Heroes anime. It would be cool if Toei would release some new info already..

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:53 pm

I will point out something interesting though, in Chozenshuu 4's Special Attack dictionary it says this

"
超サイヤ人 派生技:超サイヤ人4 Sūpā Saiya-jin Hasei-waza: Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Super Saiyan Derivative Technique: Super Saiyan 4
[Cat.] Special
[Peo.] Gogeta, Son Goku, Vegeta
[Par.] The ultimate form that surpasses the Super Saiyan 3. In "Dragon Ball GT" Goku regains his tail and transforms into a Golden Oozaru. By talking to Pan, he regained his reason and became a Super Saiyan 4. It is different from the conventional Super Saiyan as the form has long black hair and red fur. Vegeta used the Super Bruits Wave Generator built by Bulma to become a Super Saiyan 4.

超サイヤ人 派生技:超サイヤ人ゴッド Sūpā Saiya-jin Hasei-waza: Sūpā Saiya-jin Goddo
Super Saiyan Derivative Technique: Super Saiyan God
[Peo.] Son Goku
[Par.] It has the condition that 6 saiyans with righteous hearts must assemble together. It is created by 5 of the righteous saiyans sending their ki into one other. In the movie version of God and God, Goku became a Super Saiyan God by receiving the ki of Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Vegeta and Pan while inside Videl's belly. It's a power-up that exceeds that of the Super Saiyan 3 and the hair becomes red and the body becomes more slender.
"

Chozenshuu 4 comes after BoG was released and it coverse current information on both forms, and both forms are said to surpass SS3.. but only one of these two forms is "The ultimate form" and that is Super Saiyan 4.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:31 pm

One thing that recently came to my mind...

Super Saiyan 5; even though it just fanfiction, I believe a lot of us really imagine this form as that one Saiyan (is it Goku?) with long silver hair, fur, and tail.

That being said, thinking of how SS4 Goku looks, and when he fuses with SS4 Vegeta into SS4 Gogeta, and how Gogeta looks in comparison to his "two halves", IMO, he could very well be fine as SS5 Goku.

First of all, he is more similar to Goku, than to Vegeta, different hair color itself looks like sort of transformation, and if we for a moment forget that his clothes are typical to those who are fused with Fusion, but are something that appear only when SS4 transforms into SS5, I'd say, fanfictionally speaking, design of DBGT SS4 Gogeta would also be good enough if that was how Goku looked as SS5.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:36 pm

Super Saiyan 5 having Red Hair would be fine, as at Super Full Power Saiyan 4 the Saiyans Hair gains a Red tinge to it and that tinge is very similar to SS4 Gogetas hair color.. but honestly think it should just be referred to as something like Super Saiyan 4 Evolution or Super Saiyan 4 Evolved, same scheme they used for SSGSS's next stage.