Is Future Trunks' SSJ2 A Form That Is Unique To Him?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Is Future Trunks' SSJ2 A Form That Is Unique To Him?

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:50 pm

Both Vegeta and Trunks managed to surpass SS3 Goku with SS2 or “evolved SS2”, so I guess it’s not unique to Trunks. Vegeta specially seems to be the strongest SS2 to this day, since Trunks was weaker than Base Black and Vegeta was stronger than SS Black before using SSBlue.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:30 pm

Outside of the Legendary/full power form, I don't think there are any "unique" Super Saiyan forms per se; just unique expressions of ki. Everyone's life force is basically different but draws from the same spiritual source.

Trunks' being so strong is just him having the right training and the tortured life experiences to give him that strength. After all, he had no knowledge of Super Saiyan 3 for the longest time and probably mastered Super Saiyan 2, pushing the form as far as it could go.

The other answer is "Dragon Ball Super's power scaling makes the same amount of sense as quantum physics. Things happen, we observe them happening, we can't understand why they happen, but we still enjoy them for what they are."
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:15 am

Tbh, I doubt that this is a different form, but if it is, I am into it. Lol

Come to think of it a Strengthened Super Saiyan 2 could offer a multiplier superior to even Super Saiyan 3. Perhaps a ×600 times multiplier. I can see Trunks simply training to increase his power level, but that alone wouldn't be enough.

He was a Super Saiyan 2 when he fought Dabura and was lucky enough to kill Babidi. As such, he is above Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Buu Saga, Pre training) who is lesser to both Goku and Vegeta. I can see Trunks being on their level at the time, but the duo trained with Whis later, thus no training Trunks did would elevate him that far.

It was both, imo.
P O W E R

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:51 am

It's not. Trunks has just trained himself to be stronger. The same way current SS1 Goku is many times stronger than namek saga SS1 Goku.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:16 am

No hybrids are just stonger.

Think how much ult. gohan (effectively perma ss3) was than ss3 goku.

It'd be easy for him to just be twice as strong as Goku after that many years. He just doesn't have the god forms and stuff.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.