Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue May 14, 2019 1:17 am

Nokra wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:48 pm Why was the grey evil buu skinny anyway? Shouldn't he have been fat since it's just the evil essence being split from fat buu?
Each version of Buu represents a different age range.

Fat Buu: Toddler
Evil Buu: Elder
Super Buu: Young adult or teenager
Kid Buu: Child

Evil Buu looks the way he does because he and Fat Buu are opposites. One represents the beginning of life, one represents the end of life. One is good, the other is evil. One is fat, and the other is gaunt.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Re: Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Post by Nokra » Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:17 am
Nokra wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:48 pm Why was the grey evil buu skinny anyway? Shouldn't he have been fat since it's just the evil essence being split from fat buu?

Evil Buu looks the way he does because he and Fat Buu are opposites. One represents the beginning of life, one represents the end of life. One is good, the other is evil. One is fat, and the other is gaunt.
Is there a source that confirms this or is this just your head canon?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Nokra wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 am

You mean the age thing? It's pretty obvious when you're looking at them. Fat Buu has this diaper looking thing and walks by hopping back and forth on each leg, like an inexperienced toddler learning to walk. Evil Buu is wrinkled, gray, and basically looks like a fragile old man. Super Buu looks like a healthy young adult, like someone I'd expect to see on a college football team. Then Kid Buu, well it's in his dang name. lol

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Tue May 14, 2019 2:38 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm

You mean the age thing? It's pretty obvious when you're looking at them. Fat Buu has this diaper looking thing and walks by hopping back and forth on each leg, like an inexperienced toddler learning to walk. Evil Buu is wrinkled, gray, and basically looks like a fragile old man. Super Buu looks like a healthy young adult, like someone I'd expect to see on a college football team. Then Kid Buu, well it's in his dang name. lol
So it's just your head canon then. Understood.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue May 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Nokra wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Dude, one of them is literally named "Kid Buu." You think the fact that the others appear to fit the same theme is pure coincidence?

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Wed May 15, 2019 12:21 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:42 pm
Nokra wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Dude, one of them is literally named "Kid Buu." You think the fact that the others appear to fit the same theme is pure coincidence?
Nice theory but without a source that's all it is.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Wed May 15, 2019 9:09 am

Indeed, "Kid Buu" is not an official name, but how about not resorting to such things as "headcanon", or sources that are often ignored when the time comes to disagree with most people's opinion, because it's the only thing that they can share? Add something to your post and don't get caught in needless banter.

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shintoki » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 am

for the sake of clarity: the term i will be using will refer to the following: impure boo is a mr boo but with other people other than dai kaioshin who themselves possess gentle hearts

Pure boo should become Impure boo whenever he absorbs those who have enough gentle hearts

when pure boo becomes impure boo, his power somewhat weakens.

his clothes, shape, and eyes change to different looks, based in who he absorbs.

when impure boo gets enraged, his gentle heart gets clouded by rage and allow evil boo to be expelled, they are however still connected, as this evil boo still takes after impure boo just grey instead of pink.

thus, a fight for control begins!

evil boo when expelled, steals most of impure boo's power to absorbs him into himself. allowing evil boo to take after pure boo again. and break off from impure boo. if impure boo or the absorption inside impure boo are ever removed, impure boo will cease to exist for evil boo, thus, evil will revert back to before he absorbed impure boo, but since either impure boo no longer exists or is connected to it. evill boo reverts back to pure boo as the absorption no longer effects pure boo with their gentle heart.

in conclusion: Pure boo becomes impure when he absorbs a gentle hearted person, when enranged, evil boo gets expelled, who is an almost exact mirror of impure boo just grey instead of pink, who has most of the power, when evil boo absorbs impure boo, he takes after pure boo, but if impure is ever removed or its absorption, evil boo reverts back to pure boo since he cut off the link with impure boo once he took after pure boo.

note: however unlikely it is, if evil boo were to lose, that by default, means the death of pure boo.

hope this helped!

-my 12 year old self take in this.
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Kid Buu is the purest form of Buu. He's the Buu without any influence from Daikaioshin. When Fat Buu was ripped out of Super Buu, the influence of Daikaioshin was separated, which is how we got Kid Buu again.

The Grey Skinny Buu emerged simply because Fat Buu's good side and evil side split into two, but Daikaioshin's influence wasn't necessarily separated from either half. It was simply more of a case of what the Nameless Namek did when we got Piccolo and Kami.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:30 pm Kid Buu is the purest form of Buu. He's the Buu without any influence from Daikaioshin. When Fat Buu was ripped out of Super Buu, the influence of Daikaioshin was separated, which is how we got Kid Buu again.

The Grey Skinny Buu emerged simply because Fat Buu's good side and evil side split into two, but Daikaioshin's influence wasn't necessarily separated from either half. It was simply more of a case of what the Nameless Namek did when we got Piccolo and Kami.
This is honestly the best way of putting it/

tasuxeda

Post by tasuxeda » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 am

My theory is that the grey skinny boo is actually what is left of the South Supreme Kai that he was corrupted by kid boo's evil and was close to being digested by kid boo as an explaination for why he is the only boo who was grey and that after he escapes what was left was fat boo with kid boo inside him and when he eat them to become super boo he was using fat boo and kid boo to neutralise each other so he could drew power from them however when fat boo was removed that left grey skinny boo and kid boo so they breifly reverted to buff boo who was a combination of South Supreme Kai and kid boo which is where this theory comes from only for kid boo to finish digesting grey skinny boo thus reverting back to kid boo.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:39 am

tasuxeda wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 amas an explaination for why he is the only boo who was grey
He's only grey in the anime. All forms that Boo takes are meant to be pink.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:39 am
tasuxeda wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 amas an explaination for why he is the only boo who was grey
He's only grey in the anime. All forms that Boo takes are meant to be pink.
You sure about that? I have seen some pictures of Evil Buu with Good Buu's colors, but I would have thought they'd learn their lesson after the Vegeta incident. In this case, though, I like the anime colors better. It suits his design and makes him contrast better with Good Buu.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:31 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:19 pmYou sure about that? I have seen some pictures of Evil Buu with Good Buu's colors, but I would have thought they'd learn their lesson after the Vegeta incident.
Vegeta wasn't the first nor the only time that the anime diverged from the manga colors (or the designs themselves).

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Not to derail this topic but this is related to something that's always bugged me.

Shouldn't Kid Buu be weaker than Evil Fat Buu? I understand he is more wild and "dangerous" but Goku at SSJ3 could have beaten fat buu "potentially" and Majin Vegeta was able to do some damage to him.

I'm just confused as to why SSJ2 Vegeta couldn't have done more damage to a theoretically weaker version of Buu, other than "Plot".

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:18 pm

omegacwa wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:26 pm Not to derail this topic but this is related to something that's always bugged me.

Shouldn't Kid Buu be weaker than Evil Fat Buu? I understand he is more wild and "dangerous" but Goku at SSJ3 could have beaten fat buu "potentially" and Majin Vegeta was able to do some damage to him.

I'm just confused as to why SSJ2 Vegeta couldn't have done more damage to a theoretically weaker version of Buu, other than "Plot".
It's never really explained very well, but while fusions typically make Buu stronger, the good nature of the Grand Supreme Kai seemed to have the opposite affect. It seems absorbing him gave Fat Buu his docile nature, changing his personality and weakening him in the process.

The difference in power is rather vague, though. While Goku states that he could have defeated the Fat Buu if he wanted to, he didn't know about SS3's big weakness yet. He still thought he could beat Kid Buu with SS3, until the form completely drained him of all of his power. So for all we know, his fight with Fat Buu might have gone a similar way if he didn't choose to call it off.

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:51 am

omegacwa wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:26 pm Not to derail this topic but this is related to something that's always bugged me.

Wait what? Do you realize that Fat Boo before splitting was weaker than Kid Boo? Which means the 2 Kaioshins in him restricted his power and the Boo that fought Majin Vegeta can only utilize that restricted power. So if Grey Boo is stronger than Pure Boo and early Fat Boo's Power that fought Goku Majin Vegeta equals that of Good Boo's and grey Boo's combined, then That Fat Boo which fought Goku in ssj3 is also Stronger than Pure Boo which is wrong since Kaioshin established that Kid Boo lost power through absorption.

If Fat Boo is the result of Kaioshin influence restraining Pure Boo, then how can grey Boo be Pure Boo's equal, let alone stronger?

Kid Boo is the strongest Boo, Elder Kaioshin called him "Most Difficult" which was definitely due to his rising ki when turning from Super boo to Buff boo to Kid Boo. When kid boo appeared there's a look or despair on Kibito-Kaioshin's face and he clearly told that Gods made him weaker but gave him a heart when he absorbed 2 Kaioshins back then.

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:18 pm

It's never really explained very well, but while fusions typically make Buu stronger, the good nature of the Grand Supreme Kai seemed to have the opposite affect. It seems absorbing him gave Fat Buu his docile nature, changing his personality and weakening him in the process.

The difference in power is rather vague, though. While Goku states that he could have defeated the Fat Buu if he wanted to, he didn't know about SS3's big weakness yet. He still thought he could beat Kid Buu with SS3, until the form completely drained him of all of his power. So for all we know, his fight with Fat Buu might have gone a similar way if he didn't choose to call it off.
Goku was never confide in defeating Kid Boo with ssj3, he was just trying to gather enough energy in one minute to create a final attack to wipe boo out but ultimately failed. When Kid Boo landed on Kaioshin planet he said "I don't know if we can do anything but let's try anyways" and then after Kid Boo was killed he said they need to train so that this time they don't lose to him even in a one-on-one contest.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:07 pm

Vegeta actually didn’t damage Boo in any situation. The evil Boo was stronger than the good Boo, because of the “heart” he gained after absorbing Grand Supreme Kai. I’m not sure how exactly taking god power from Grand Supreme Kai affected his powerlevel, if at all.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:08 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:07 pm

Vegeta actually didn’t damage Boo in any situation. The evil Boo was stronger than the good Boo, because of the “heart” he gained after absorbing Grand Supreme Kai. I’m not sure how exactly taking god power from Grand Supreme Kai affected his powerlevel, if at all.
Isn't Kid Buu being stronger than Super Buu an old myth? I was always under the impression that Kid Buu was the weakest of the Buu (read: not weak), hence why Goku and Vegeta were willing to fight him unfused.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:41 pm

omegacwa wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:08 pm Isn't Kid Buu being stronger than Super Buu an old myth? I was always under the impression that Kid Buu was the weakest of the Buu (read: not weak), hence why Goku and Vegeta were willing to fight him unfused.
It’s an old debate, not a myth. He is at least stronger than the good Boo. Goku and Vegeta didn’t think “Super” Boo was manageable, but neither was “Kid” Boo. They weren’t able to defeat him by themselves.