Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ahill1
Regular

Re: Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Post by ahill1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:02 pm

Kid Boo wasn't manageable either in a 1 x 1 battle, but I'd say the main difference here is Goku's reaction to both.

Goku had sensed Super Boo and watched him fight Gotenks and Gohan. That shows he had a great understanding of his capabilities. When Vegeta smashed the Potara, he didn't seem to believe it was still necessary. Goku said that would only be true if they succeeded in returning Boo down to Fat Boo. This at least shows that the only Boo he had in mind to confront separate is Fat Boo. Boo got a lot weaker when he lost his absorptions, as noted by Goku, but he was still too powerful to fight without Fusion.

So the takeaway here is that Goku doesn't even wanna try fighting Super Boo without some form of Fusion.

When Kid Boo first appeared, the first thing Goku said was that they might be able to manage the situation now. Now he clearly got ahead of himself since Kid Boo was able to create an attack huge enough to convince Goku that he can't deflect it. So we see there was some underestimation. It just wasn't enough to make Goku unwilling to fight Kid Boo. If anything, I think Vegeta did more underestimating than Goku. Goku never intended to let Vegeta fight because he knew he was outclassed. Goku himself ended up doing nothing, though he fought equally with Kid Boo.

I think Goku was no match for them both for different reasons. Super Boo had the power advantage. Kid Boo's regeneration and stamina negated everything Goku did, while Goku's Super Saiyan 3 was constantly draining him, which was what Goku highlighted. It also fits better with the implications regarding Gotenks' standing to Goku.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:18 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:42 pmDude, one of them is literally named "Kid Buu."
Well, certainly not in any Japanese material. He's referred as "魔人ブウ:純粋", literally "Majin Buu: Pure" in most (if not all) video-games. See his name on the right of this card, for instance.

I don't recall guidebooks giving any alternative name too. And personally, calling him "kid" doesn't make a lick of sense. He exists since time immemorial, right?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:32 am

ahill1 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:02 pm Goku had sensed Super Boo and watched him fight Gotenks and Gohan.
Considering Majin Boo had god power inside him all this time, it’s quite difficult to tell how strong he is just by ki sensing or how this whole stuff affects him.
Grimlock wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:18 am calling him "kid" doesn't make a lick of sense. He exists since time immemorial, right?
I think it has more to do with the fact that he has a childish-like appearance, as if he was a “kid” version of the evil Boo.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:58 am

Maybe I'm just old or something, but I've been a fan since before the English dub and I've always seen:
Fat Buu
Super Buu
Kid Buu (I have also seen him referred to as "Pure" Buu or "True" Buu)

and the Good Fat Buu I've seen referred to as Mr. Buu.

I thought these were all fan accepted terms. In fact I have never seen anyone argue against this naming convention until just now. They are all just Majin Buu, but the names were created to make it clear which version you are talking about. When someone says Kid Buu, you know exactly which version they are talking about and so on.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:39 am

Kaboom wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:59 pm The way I see it, the grey Majin Boo wasn't a complete being. He was basically just an empty shell formed from pure evil that imitated Fat Boo, without a soul of his own. But somehow during the time he spent with the other Boo absorbed, he managed to magically copy-paste a soul for himself, and thus regained the form of a complete Boo again.
I agree! I feel like this sums things up pretty well, it literally doesnt need to be more complicated than that. Black/Grey Boo is incomplete, he absorbs Fat Boo to complete himself. Once Fat Boo is ripped out, it doesnt matter because the components needed for him to be a "whole" being have already been fully assimilated. Thus he doesnt revert back to being incomplete rather than a full reincarnation of what he originally was.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:50 pm

omegacwa wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:08 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:07 pm
omegacwa wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:26 pm Not to derail this topic but this is related to something that's always bugged me.

Shouldn't Kid Buu be weaker than Evil Fat Buu? I understand he is more wild and "dangerous" but Goku at SSJ3 could have beaten fat buu "potentially" and Majin Vegeta was able to do some damage to him.

I'm just confused as to why SSJ2 Vegeta couldn't have done more damage to a theoretically weaker version of Buu, other than "Plot".
Vegeta actually didn’t damage Boo in any situation. The evil Boo was stronger than the good Boo, because of the “heart” he gained after absorbing Grand Supreme Kai. I’m not sure how exactly taking god power from Grand Supreme Kai affected his powerlevel, if at all.
Isn't Kid Buu being stronger than Super Buu an old myth? I was always under the impression that Kid Buu was the weakest of the Buu (read: not weak), hence why Goku and Vegeta were willing to fight him unfused.
And that's a trope of Dragon Ball Z from Namek onwards where Main villain is strongest in final form but doesn't look much scary and a character makes a statement about him shrinking and not looking like that big of a threat.

Vegeta also thought he could defeat Final Form Freeza and Kuririn made a comment on how he wasn't looking like that big of a challenge. Vegeta made the same "he's shrunk so he's not that big of a worry" comment near Perfect Cell too. Goku and Vegeta were trying to avoid him at all cost but it's just that they wanted to fight with their own powers not some Kaioshin's Earring power boost.
Chapter: 509 (DBZ 315), P6.8, P7.1-5
Context: after Kaioshin hands Goku his Potara, but he refuses it
Goku: “…Like I thought, these…just ain’t suited for us…Even though you went out of your way to hand ‘em over…We want to fight with only our own power. I’m sorry, especially since things are so dangerous now…But [Boo] ain’t merged anymore either…“
Elder Kaioshin: “Yo-you idiot! What are you saying?! And at a time like this! It’s not like you gu-guys are in a martial arts match with Boo, you know!”
Vegeta: “…Well said, Kakarot. Just like a true…Saiyan.”
Kaioshins: “…!”
Goku: “It’s alright. I’m tellin’ ya, don’t worry. He can’t come all the way here. We’ll think up some sorta strategy. I feel bad for the aliens who will be sacrificed in the meantime, but we’ll use the dragonballs later…”
As you can see, there's no mention of Ki or power going down but just that they wanted to fight him without potara and wanted to make a strategy with kid boo destroying planets in the meantime, he calms the Elder Kaioshin down by telling him how kid boo can't come to their planet and they will come up with a strategy. Nowhere does it even hints at him wanting to fight him.
Also when Kid Boo was standing near him he said

"don't know if we can do anything but let's try anyways"

which shows that there was uncertainty and either way Vegeta after seeing Goku fight Kid Boo admitted that Kid Boo was far stronger than he imagined and Goku too admitted he was too overconfident in refusing potara and how potara was better option which proved how both underestimated Boo a lot.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Toriyama thought Grey Boo wasn't fun enough as a final antagonist.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Here's the deal as I see it, and as some folks have already tried to explain.

Kid Buu or pure buu is the strongest buu. PERIOD. And this was the original buu. Evil incarnate.

After absorbing the kai's, power significantly weakened. This is FAT BUU.

Now, it's important to note that Goku, at Super Saiyan 3, probably could have annihilated this bastard. HAD he been going all out. He obviously wasn't, was there to stall, not fight at his fullest. This is also the WEAKEST BUU. (I'm not counting the brief time FAT BUU was separated from Gray Buu)

FAT BUU splits in two, keeping the CAPE in both forms. I think this is easy to figure out. Both FAT BUU and GRAY BUU were still "sharing" the kais. GRAY BUU eats FAT BUU, becomes Super Buu. So while Super Buu still has the kais, the evil side of BUU has become more dominant, and thus stronger.

Now, once Vegeta REMOVED FAT BUU, as the evil side was more dominant, ANY good Buu HAD, was now concentrated into FAT BUU. Super Buu was suppressing it as much as possible. Thus, once FAT BUU was removed, which included the Kai's, Buu was returned to his original state, which was more powerful than any form he ever took.

Kid Buu>Fusion Buu's>Super Buu>Fat Majin Buu unseparated>Majin Gray>Fat Majin Buu separated.
-Questrider

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 am

Questrider wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:49 pm Here's the deal as I see it, and as some folks have already tried to explain.

Kid Buu or pure buu is the strongest buu. PERIOD. And this was the original buu. Evil incarnate.

Now, it's important to note that Goku, at Super Saiyan 3, probably could have annihilated this bastard. HAD he been going all out. He obviously wasn't, was there to stall, not fight at his fullest. This is also the WEAKEST BUU. (I'm not counting the brief time FAT BUU was separated from Gray Buu)

FAT BUU splits in two, keeping the CAPE in both forms. I think this is easy to figure out. Both FAT BUU and GRAY BUU were still "sharing" the kais. GRAY BUU eats FAT BUU, becomes Super Buu. So while Super Buu still has the kais, the evil side of BUU has become more dominant, and thus stronger.

Now, once Vegeta REMOVED FAT BUU, as the evil side was more dominant, ANY good Buu HAD, was now concentrated into FAT BUU. Super Buu was suppressing it as much as possible. Thus, once FAT BUU was removed, which included the Kai's, Buu was returned to his original state, which was more powerful than any form he ever took.

Kid Buu>Fusion Buu's>Super Buu>Fat Majin Buu unseparated>Majin Gray>Fat Majin Buu separated.
Except you are back to the same old problems of Goku being terrified to fight Super Buu, badgering Vegeta to fuse with him permanently effectively both of them dying forever just to beat a Buu weaker than the one he has a shot at soloing as a super saiyan 3?

It makes no sense that way.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:30 am

TobyS wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 am
Questrider wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:49 pm Here's the deal as I see it, and as some folks have already tried to explain.

Except you are back to the same old problems of Goku being terrified to fight Super Buu, badgering Vegeta to fuse with him permanently effectively both of them dying forever just to beat a Buu weaker than the one he has a shot at soloing as a super saiyan 3?

It makes no sense that way.
It makes perfect sense because that's the classic recipe:
Hero has chance to destroy bad guy, doesn't take the opportunity. This happens over and over again only for our "heroes" to put themselves in an even deeper pile of poop.

Cell Games were no different. Gohan had a chance to kill Cell several times over. Result? Goku had to sacrifice himself.
Gohan does it again against Super Buu. Doesn't take the opportunity to finish him and everyone gets absorbed.

In Goku's defense, he was trying to stall. And on top of that, he didn't exactly have the "power" to keep on going as it would have eaten up the rest of his time on Earth. He had to teach the boys fusion because at the time, that was honestly the best plan.

So back to the argument, yeah...Goku learned the hard way that this opponent was far more dangerous than they had given him credit for. And by removing everyone inside of Buu, they thought they had made Buu weaker but no. It only reverted Buu to his pure form.

And mind you, the classic recipe is: an arc always wraps up with our heroes fighting the absolute strongest version of the character.
-Questrider

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:57 am

I see it like this.

When Fat Buu split good from evil, it was physically Fat Buu, just the evil side of him. Which still had the Kai essence inside. That's why Evil Buu still has the Supreme Kai clothes like Fat Buu does.

But when they pulled Good Buu out of Super Buu's body, the Supreme Kais were removed as well. So he reverted to his original form before absorbing the Kais.

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:04 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:57 am I see it like this.

When Fat Buu split good from evil, it was physically Fat Buu, just the evil side of him. Which still had the Kai essence inside. That's why Evil Buu still has the Supreme Kai clothes like Fat Buu does.

But when they pulled Good Buu out of Super Buu's body, the Supreme Kais were removed as well. So he reverted to his original form before absorbing the Kais.
Accurate.
-Questrider

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Why would absorbing the Kais make Buu weaker, while absorbing Gotenks, Piccolo, and Gohan makes him stronger? And why would pure form be his strongest form when in every other case absorption increased his strength?

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:51 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Why would absorbing the Kais make Buu weaker, while absorbing Gotenks, Piccolo, and Gohan makes him stronger? And why would pure form be his strongest form when in every other case absorption increased his strength?
A good question, and I admit, it's a bit confusing. The anime goes on to partially explain this.

See, Majin Buu's pure form, let's call him Kid Buu is like the ultimate evil. As such, he can tap into all that evil power. No restrictions. So start by thinking of him that way. Next, he absorbs the Kai's, which YES, made him weaker. He also inherited some of their traits. The downside here too though, is that Buu lost access to all that power. Mind you, the kais themselves aren't very powerful. This was a downgrade.

Next, gray buu manifests. See, at this time, Fat Buu was having an internal struggle. His evil side was looking to be more dominant and that side won. So, he became a bit stronger there as he had more access to that evil side. Next he absorbs some ACTUALLY strong people. This was an upgrade. So now? Buu is using some borrowed power and YET, because these are actually good people, he's still and will always be weaker than his "pure" form. Why? Because his evil is not being restrained, which was the major source of Kid Buu's power.
-Questrider

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:10 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:30 pm Kid Buu is the purest form of Buu. He's the Buu without any influence from Daikaioshin. When Fat Buu was ripped out of Super Buu, the influence of Daikaioshin was separated, which is how we got Kid Buu again.

The Grey Skinny Buu emerged simply because Fat Buu's good side and evil side split into two, but Daikaioshin's influence wasn't necessarily separated from either half. It was simply more of a case of what the Nameless Namek did when we got Piccolo and Kami.
I think this is it. Skinny Buu even had the same clothes as Fat Buu, implying that they both still have some sort of influence from the Dai Kaioshin.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:30 pm

The Dragon Ball Super manga gave us a hint: Majin Boo is capable of switching bodies with Dai Kaioshin once his memories take over.

When Pure Evil Boo (the grey one) ate Innocent Boo, they became a single body and his evil pulled the shape of Pure Boo (the small one) from the inside, whose last absorption was South Kaioshin's toned down by the docile nature of the fat Majin Boo. Once the latter was ripped out, he bulked up and reverted to his Pure self, but we don't know whether he lost the absorption to Mr. Boo or died with it.

In other words: Evil Boo (the tall and fit one) is Pure Boo's body with South Kaioshin's absorption, whose bulk was toned down by Majin Boo after it got pulled out by the personality of the skinny Boo.

Awesome_Gotenks

Post by Awesome_Gotenks » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Fat Boo is considerably stronger than Pure/"Kid" Boo. The absorption of Dai Kaioshin merely relaxed Boo's full-power, and made it more difficult for him to access the power of the Kaioshins. He was just toying with Goku during their short spar- and even suppressed, he was about equal to Goku, as the Daizenshuu notes. The only time he ever showed his full-power was when he was splitting into Pure Evil/"Gray" Boo and Mr. Boo, where he temporarily went full-rage. That's why Piccolo's initial assessment of Super Boo only mentions Boo's ki changing to pure evil and his body becoming toned, as opposed to his power increasing - it's only when Super Boo goes to the lookout that Piccolo remarks him to have become more powerful in every way.

Additionally: Boo definitely powered-up during his flight to the Lookout, because when questioned about Gotenks's chances, Piccolo initially only states that they might not be able to win ("that'd be nice, but...[I'm not sure if they can win]), but when Boo pops up right next to them, Piccolo states they DEFINITELY could not win.

Also, Piccolo is the only one who ever sensed Fat Boo's full-power, as shown in the final few chapters, where it's revealed that Goku, Gohan and the others did not see Fat Boo split in two. This is why Goku believes himself capable of beating Boo and wants to revert Super Boo to Fat Boo.

Fat Boo (Full Throttle) > SSJ Gotenks (Pre-RoSaT) > Pure Boo >= SSJ3 Goku >= Fat Boo (Suppressed)
Super Gotenks is Born | SSjin3 Gotenks > Super Boo | SSjin Gotenks Pre > SSjin3 Goku

Base Gotenks(Pre) = SSjin2 Tier
Base Gotenks(Post) > SSjin Gotenks(Pre)
SSjin2 Gotenks > SSjin Gogeta
SSjin3 Gotenks >>> SSjin2 Gogeta

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:24 pm

Questrider wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:51 pm A good question, and I admit, it's a bit confusing. The anime goes on to partially explain this.

See, Majin Buu's pure form, let's call him Kid Buu is like the ultimate evil. As such, he can tap into all that evil power. No restrictions. So start by thinking of him that way. Next, he absorbs the Kai's, which YES, made him weaker. He also inherited some of their traits. The downside here too though, is that Buu lost access to all that power. Mind you, the kais themselves aren't very powerful. This was a downgrade.

Next, gray buu manifests. See, at this time, Fat Buu was having an internal struggle. His evil side was looking to be more dominant and that side won. So, he became a bit stronger there as he had more access to that evil side. Next he absorbs some ACTUALLY strong people. This was an upgrade. So now? Buu is using some borrowed power and YET, because these are actually good people, he's still and will always be weaker than his "pure" form. Why? Because his evil is not being restrained, which was the major source of Kid Buu's power.
I think this has more to do with Great Kaioshin having that god power, which can weaken magic, like it did with Moro in the past. Boo is also known as a magical being, so that could probably explain why his “unpure” forms weren’t capable of accessing his full potential. The Great Kaioshin was unconsciously restraining his power. Once the Great Kaioshin was removed the god power couldn’t weaken the evil Boo anymore. Also, since the other Boo is good, the Great Kaioshin won’t get in his way, they will instead benefit from each other abilities.

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:54 am

Awesome_Gotenks wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am Fat Boo is considerably stronger than Pure/"Kid" Boo. The absorption of Dai Kaioshin merely relaxed Boo's full-power, and made it more difficult for him to access the power of the Kaioshins. He was just toying with Goku during their short spar- and even suppressed, he was about equal to Goku, as the Daizenshuu notes. The only time he ever showed his full-power was when he was splitting into Pure Evil/"Gray" Boo and Mr. Boo, where he temporarily went full-rage. That's why Piccolo's initial assessment of Super Boo only mentions Boo's ki changing to pure evil and his body becoming toned, as opposed to his power increasing - it's only when Super Boo goes to the lookout that Piccolo remarks him to have become more powerful in every way.

Additionally: Boo definitely powered-up during his flight to the Lookout, because when questioned about Gotenks's chances, Piccolo initially only states that they might not be able to win ("that'd be nice, but...[I'm not sure if they can win]), but when Boo pops up right next to them, Piccolo states they DEFINITELY could not win.

Also, Piccolo is the only one who ever sensed Fat Boo's full-power, as shown in the final few chapters, where it's revealed that Goku, Gohan and the others did not see Fat Boo split in two. This is why Goku believes himself capable of beating Boo and wants to revert Super Boo to Fat Boo.

Fat Boo (Full Throttle) > SSJ Gotenks (Pre-RoSaT) > Pure Boo >= SSJ3 Goku >= Fat Boo (Suppressed)
You are just twisting the narrative at this point, its outright stated that absorptions weakened Pure Boo
Chapter: 508 (DBZ 314), P4.2-7
Kaioshin: “In m…my era there were five Kaioshins…until they were defeated by the Majin Boo that the wizard Babidi created…I was the youngest and most powerless one, but I somehow survived, with only heavy injuries…But the other four fell to Boo…First, two were killed…the North Kaioshin and the West Kaioshin….And then the South Kaioshin, the burliest and strongest one, was…somehow absorbed by Boo….. “
Elder Kaioshin: …And he became that huge Boo from before? “
Kaioshin: “…Yes…Next to be absorbed was the fat but kind and gentle Dai-Kaioshin….The Majin Boo that Bibidi created was evil itself, a failed creation that even Bibidi himself couldn’t handle, but by absorbing the Dai-Kaioshin, he somehow become controllable…. “
Elder Kaioshin: “…So he was finally completed…Which is to say…that this current…small Majin Boo…is the initial…mo…most troublesome one…”
Kaioshin: “….Yes…the heart which he gained by going so far as to lower his power through absorption[s]…has returned once again to the way it was…he has no self-control whatsoever…he has become evil itself…”
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:01 pm

You know, I wouldn’t be surprised if the DBS manga addresses Great Kaioshin having magic suppression power just to retroactively explain how Boo was weakened after his absorption. So, South Kaioshin somehow having contribution in this process wouldn’t jive well with this reasoning. Not that his absorption mattered anyway.