Can Bulma Recreate Gero's Biological Implants & Tech?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Can Bulma Recreate Gero's Biological Implants & Tech?

Post by theherodjl » Fri May 17, 2019 6:17 am

Say Yamcha becomes sick of being two steps behind everyone on the strength scale and wants Bulma to help him out, could she upgrade Yamcha with what she learned and has since learned about Dr. Gero's work?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Can Bulma Recreate Gero's Biological Implants & Tech?

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri May 17, 2019 8:30 am

If she managed to create a time machine, I think she would be able to pull it off. She even has the step by step that Trunks and Krillin took from Gero’s lab.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri May 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Probably wouldn't be that difficult, especially since she should already have a good understanding of the science and mechanics behind it with #17's blueprints presumably still available. Agreeing to something like that would entail having your genetics altered, though. Your lifespan can also be changed as a result. It's not something to take lightly. I couldn't see Tenshinhan or Roshi agreeing to it. Chaozu would likely agree with whatever his friend decides to do. Krillin isn't outside the realm of possibility as he does have a direct relationship to one of these cyborgs. If nothing else becoming one could allow him to hopefully live a much longer time with his wife. All that leaves is Yamcha. Maybe he would do it? He's not exactly above taking shortcuts to acquire things as can be seen when he spent his time as a bandit robbing people or when he humorously entertained the possibility of asking Shenron for jewellery for his girlfriend at the end of the Cell arc.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm

Doesn't the process completely wipe out your previous memories as a human? I thought that was what happened with 17 and 18.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri May 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm Doesn't the process completely wipe out your previous memories as a human? I thought that was what happened with 17 and 18.
I do believe that Gero wiped the minds of 17 & 18 as an unrelated procedure so that they would be obedient or at least more willing to listen to his commands. It apparently didn't work since 17 & 18 desired to harm Gero even after their memories had supposedly been erased, a sign that they could still recall that he had done terrible things to them and so they wanted retribution for it.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Apslup
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Apslup » Sat May 18, 2019 6:06 pm

I don't see why not. She has the Blueprints for #17 and #18, so she'd probably be able to figure it out.

She was able to figure out how to repair the time machine pretty quickly in the Future Trunks Saga of Super with no prior knowledge, though she did have detailed notes from her future self to help her. However, I do imagine that Gero's blueprints were pretty detailed.