How Would You Make Simple Fixes For Issues In DB?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

How Would You Make Simple Fixes For Issues In DB?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Like how U7 had five Kaioshin instead of one like the other universes. What I'd do is just have U7's five Kaioshin be five generations of individual Kaioshin who just never retired and/or died.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: How Would You Make Simple Fixes For Issues In DB?

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 pm

That is assuming Universe 7 was the wrong one by having five Kaioshins.

For now, I can say that I would "fix" that problem by not being lazy. I would come up with five Kaioshins for each Universe. Or by being "half lazy", only Dai Kaioshin would go to the Tournament of Power.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:10 pm

I would have someone review every plot to catch issues and simply ass an explanation. For example, Trunks could explain his spirit sword by saying he trained with King Kai and was learning a version of the spirit bomb.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:15 pm

I'm part of the camp who feels that the series could stand to have less transformations. I don't mean Puar's or Launch's. Some fans may not even know that transformations existed back in DB classic. Obviously this is referring to the exclusivist ones introduced back in the Freeza arc and have been piling up since then. Freeza's forms aren't all too preferred either, in my opinion, but they're not as elaborated or centralised as the Saiyan ones.

If you mean consistency issues then one that comes to mind is Goku transporting Boss Rabbit and his minions to the moon. How did he travel such a distance without losing consciousness and succumbing to the vacuum of space? It was clearly written as a mere gag (plus cultural reference I think) but since the series has long since been treading down the path of at least adopting more serious elements then an explanation may not hurt.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:54 am

One issue that bother me was the all deal with Monster Carrot.

Here I would had some dialogue later in the manga having Goku but I went to the moon and here explain that Earth Dragon Ball Moon is closer to the earth and earth atmosphere extend to the moon making the moon almost breathable.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Explain that there is only one Grand Priest for all timelines. So we're not in the dark not knowing whatever happened to his Future self.

Angels have control over time, so naturally the original Angel would be Time Lord.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:05 pm

Introducing a power ceiling would be great.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:41 pm

don't have the battle powers ballon so god dang much during the freeza arc. i'm not against battle powers, and i really like how their used in the saiyan arc, but it just frustrates me how big they get during namek, it makes such a gap with the characters it's ridiculous, and really harms the story and character usage.

i also think it's sorta dumb that freeza got a battle power, he shouldn't have been pinned down.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:39 pm

redesign evrey black face character to not be black face

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:51 am

Don't make Goku a one man army after training with Karin. Just about anything that people complain about when it comes to power and saiyans, can be attributed to Goku easily defeating Tao the second time, then ransacking the rest of the RR army at their HQ on his own.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Just make death matter once again.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:58 am

Goku should've never majorly outclassed the rest of the cast, because it completely goes against the concept of his character. He's always striving to get stronger, but because he's already so insanely strong, he only ever has to compare himself to the villain. Goku as he is would've made an extremely appealing support character, breaking the shonen mold a bit in that sense where the show is told from the perspective of someone like Krillin. But we need to see the hero struggle over broader periods, not just in one singular fight at a time. It would've fit his character type far more neatly if the severity of his training was what got him over his allies - think a "Vegeta is naturally powerful, but Goku trains like a MF'er" type thing.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

SSJ1Gohan

Post by SSJ1Gohan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:21 am

You could say they were all Kaiohsin Apprentice's like Zimzam and only the one absorbed by Buu was an actual Kaioshin. Why they needed four, who knows.
MAL: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kuropika_Kurta
Switch FC: SW-3139-1141-2342

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Have only one set of Dragon Balls and make sure they're very limited in power and usage.

Apslup
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Apslup » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:34 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:54 am One issue that bother me was the all deal with Monster Carrot.

Here I would had some dialogue later in the manga having Goku but I went to the moon and here explain that Earth Dragon Ball Moon is closer to the earth and earth atmosphere extend to the moon making the moon almost breathable.
It's not really that big of an issue since Monster Carrot most likely died when Roshi blasted a Kamehameha at the moon during the 21st Budokai to stop the rampaging Oozaru Goku. But thinking about it, he could have died due to a lack of water pretty quickly.

Apslup
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Apslup » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:36 am

Thani wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:05 pm Introducing a power ceiling would be great.
I mean they sort of have with Zen-Oh and the angels, though I must say it's not a very solid power ceiling, they should do more to re-enforce it.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:28 am

1. In the Android arc have it revealed that the Humans have Kaio-Ken. I would also increase the number of Androids by 1. Gero would appear with 19 and 21. The Humans when working together are able to defeat one Android but Piccolo and the SSJs can beat them one on one. Doesn't really matter but I guess 17 and 18 could have another companion besides 16. I would have Tien, Yamacha, Kuririn and Piccolo enter the ROSAT together and just change the two person limit to being the room only has enough resources for two Saiyans. 3 humans and a namekian would be fine in the ROSAT for a year. This will be important as later as the humans and Piccolo will have to try and stall SPC as Goku talks Gohan back into the fight.

2. To make Kid Buu more dangerous I will give him the title of strongest Buu again. Goku and Vegeta will receive part of Vegito's power allowing them to fight this new Buu without having Gohan show up to fight.