How would you have reconcile both Broly (Z Broly & Super Broly) in the same continuity ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

How would you have reconcile both Broly (Z Broly & Super Broly) in the same continuity ?

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:45 am

As we know all now there are two Broly in the Dragon Ball franchise, the original that yield fancy jewelry and the other canon that is more about wearing a loincloth of animal pelts. What I want to know is how we could have conciliate both character in the same continuity if Dragon Ball from the get go was a consistent franchise with its continuity and that movies where canon too.

I want to know how people would have played this card, also I think that can be a good game for imagination.

My takes would be as follow with first a disclaimer the two broly would have been twins their name would have been Broli (with a i) and Broly (with an y) that to pay hommage to our two dear detective (Dupond & Dupont) from the Belgium comic Tintin. Broli is the original Z one and Broly is the Super one.

Age 732:
Broly is bannished to Vampa and live alone there a while

Age 737:
Broli, Paragus & Beets flee the destruction of planet Vegeta and ends up on Shamo.

Age 767:
The event of Fake planet Vegeta happen, Goku beat Broli, Beets is killed, Paragus survive and crash on Vampa where he encounter his second son Broly. Broli survive too but too injuried crash land on earth in the north pole. Ice recover him.

Age 774:
Before the 25th World Martial Tournament, Goten and Trunks helped by Videl & Gohan try to gather the Dragon Ball for healing someone (Why not the pet Dragon of Gohan) during their quest the event of Natade Village happen. Our warrior then awoke by accident Broli and a battle start where Gohan beat Broli with the help of Goten, Trunks and Kuririn. But Broli didn't die and flee somewhere in space.

Age 780:
The event of the Dragon Ball Super Broly movie happen, Broly survive with Lemo and Cheelai. Paragus die. Frieza is beaten and escape.

Alternatively I have for Age 767 another idea involving Cooler. Since you know now how this topic works I would like to ear your opinion about my take and to read your own take.
Last edited by Bebi Hatchiyack on Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: how would you have conciliate both Broly (Z Broly & Super Broly) in the same continuity ?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:51 am

I wouldn't.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: How would you have conciliate both Broly (Z Broly & Super Broly) in the same continuity ?

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:38 am

I think the word you're looking for is "reconcile". While "conciliate" is a word, it doesn't make any sense in this context.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How would you have conciliate both Broly (Z Broly & Super Broly) in the same continuity ?

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:00 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:38 am I think the word you're looking for is "reconcile". While "conciliate" is a word, it doesn't make any sense in this context.
Oh thx (english is not my mother tongue) yep reconcile would fit better in context.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: How would you have reconcile both Broly (Z Broly & Super Broly) in the same continuity ?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:01 pm

I don't believe its even possible to do so as the OG Broly exists in an alternate reality. There'd have to be cross-dimensional shenanigans like with SDBH in order for the original & updated Broly to meet.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: How would you have reconcile both Broly (Z Broly & Super Broly) in the same continuity ?

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:56 pm

Let's see, you could explain their massive power by making Paragus a mad scientist that messed with her wife's womb and got Super Broly, Broly was vanished, Paragus went after him but his wife stayed, pregnant with Z Broly but this time Paragus wasn't there to mess with the baby's DNA so the baby ends up being a regular LSS instead of the beast Super Broly is. She named him Broly too, in his vanished son's honor.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:59 pm

theherodjl wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:01 pm I don't believe its even possible to do so as the OG Broly exists in an alternate reality. There'd have to be cross-dimensional shenanigans like with SDBH in order for the original & updated Broly to meet.
Well it's possible look at my Timeline the 10 days time frame from the Cell game can still be used for that purpose. Meaning of course Cell need to be more buffed since an event on this scale will obviously provide Zenkai boost to our dear Saiyan from earth.
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:56 pm Let's see, you could explain their massive power by making Paragus a mad scientist that messed with her wife's womb and got Super Broly, Broly was vanished, Paragus went after him but his wife stayed, pregnant with Z Broly but this time Paragus wasn't there to mess with the baby's DNA so the baby ends up being a regular LSS instead of the beast Super Broly is. She named him Broly too, in his vanished son's honor.
That's pretty dark but fit the Saiyan nature, somehow a good idea.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:28 pm

I've actually thought about this a lot, and came upon a neat and simple excuse that can actually bring the movie characters into the main timeline:

Z Broly comes from a timeline where he and Paragus were rescued from Vampa much sooner, Paragus enacted a more megalomaniacal plan and used Broly for that purpose (crafting him into a more brutal Saiyan), and ultimately led to the fateful clash with the Zetto Senshi before the Cell Games rather than after the Tournament of Power. Broly being younger could also explain the power gap (though very poorly). It doesn't have to fit perfectly; as long as it makes sense. As for the backstory Paragus told us; that's just his own version of events because of course he wouldn't tell Vegeta the truth that he was stuck on some mudhole for years. After all, that part of the story was a flashback from Paragus's own memory, so there's no reason it couldn't also be embellished.
Hell, maybe the Shamotians saved them and Paragus "repaid them" with slavery.

Super Broly, on the other hand, is the "canon" version/main timeline where Paragus and Broly were never saved by the Shamotians. Thus, Paragus wound up aging and going senile so any plans he could have hatched are foiled by time. And because he was with his son for so much longer, he formed an emotional bond with him that prevented Broly from going full... well, Broly. And now he's the Kale to Cheelai's Caulifla because he actually had someone to love him in some way growing up, rather than being used like a tool & feared like a demon from a young age.

On that note:

Garlic Jr. and his crew probably did fight the Zetto Senshi at some point, but by the time they attacked, Kami decided he'd be good training for Krillin, Yamchan, Tenshinhan, and Chaotzu and was dispatched that way by warriors much stronger than he could handle. That, or he just never attacked in the first place because his seal held up.

Dr. Kochin dies before he can rescue Dr. Wheelo, who's probably still under the ice.

Tullece never went to Earth because he either found a more suitable planet or since Freeza was tipped off by Nappa and Vegeta's attack, he decided to stay out of that quadrant of the galaxy.

Lord Slug just died of old age or ran into Tullece and got wiped out in his advanced age. Or maybe he's still floating around out there, more wrinkled than Kami and Old Piccolo.

Cooler's a tougher one because we have Freeza back— twice— without any mention of him, plus no mention of his relation to Freeza and King Cold in the Broly movie. It's possible he still exists and Toriyama's saving him for some occasion, but here, it's possible he just didn't care enough about Freeza to avenge him. Maybe he handles a different galaxy entirely or is actually considered a disgrace for whatever reason. Maybe he personally killed by Tullece and Slug.

The lesser Androids were simply never activated. They're canonically still there somewhere, if not having been destroyed by Trunks, because you can't mention 16 through 20 without acknowledging 13 through 15.

Bojack's story was that he was held captive in Kaio-sama's planet, right? I know that was the dub line but I don't know if that's the case in Japanese. If it is, then he was simply killed in the blast and his crew are just intergalactic pop stars or something, I dunno.

Janemba was always a mutated demon, so him not being incompetent completely prevents that movie from happening.

And then there's the whole saga with Tapion, Minotia, Hoi, and Hirudegarn that's basically a Toriyama JRPG that accidentally ran into Dragon Ball. They simply never came to Earth and resolved everything elsewhere, if it's ever been resolved at all.

In just about every case, the movie characters can still show up, but probably won't.

By the way, to actually answer the OP: you can't reconcile Z Broly with Super Broly. Word of God says that the movies happened in their own separate timelines and are basically "what ifs". Trying to make them fit with the main timeline is a losing battle made even more hopeless with Broly's introduction.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:28 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:28 pmOn that note
For your on that note part I thought about a nice way to fit every movie characters into the main timeline, but you will need to rewrite a lot of stuff.

Garlic Jr can still happen before Raditz though Gohan introduction to the Z-Team need to be rewritten. Tullece can be placed along with the arrival of Vegeta and Nappa making a three side conflict. Lord Slug If I were to introduce him I would introduce him on Namek making Frieza and Slug clash. Dr Koshin and Dr Uiro can be moved into the second coming of Garlic Jr explaining that the two doctor helped to the resurrection of the Demon from the Dead Zone. Cooler can happen twice in the 3 years they have for training against the Cyborg/Android, as for Frieza if he doesn't mention him it's because he don't give a fudge about his brother simple. The Android also can be fit into the 3 years of training. Bojack easy fit after Cell during the 7 years of peace before Majin Buu. Janenba I would mix his story within the Majin Buu arc after Majin Buu kill all the earthling.

And last but not least, Hirudegarn and Tapion could be combined with the story of Tarble and rewrite the whole stuff. Let's imagine that King Vegeta III send Tarble to Konats that was eavily ravaged during a battle few people remained there. He was welcomed into their people given sword training and magic training then one day Hoi appear and the rest is history. Tarble chase after Hoi on earth. Abo & Cado would be rewritten as spy working for Sorbet.
Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:28 pmBy the way, to actually answer the OP: you can't reconcile Z Broly with Super Broly. Word of God says that the movies happened in their own separate timelines and are basically "what ifs". Trying to make them fit with the main timeline is a losing battle made even more hopeless with Broly's introduction.
As for our topic of discussion well I know clearly the word of gods but here it's not the goal of this topic. Of course if you follow the Word of Gods it's impossible to reconcile both Broly but my goal here is to know how FAN would imagine to reconcile both character. I just presented you one of many ways to do that. You can't fit a movie characters into the canon without rewritting either the canon or the movie characters or both.