Realistic way of bringing back Zamasu or Black!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Realistic way of bringing back Zamasu or Black!

Post by thegamer23 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:55 am

Just finished re-watching Dragon Ball Super's Future Trunks Arc, and i have to say it started so good that it left me a little bit disappointed with its conclusion.

One line caught my attention, and it is from Whis.
He's talking to Trunks about dealing with the Zamasu that still exists in the "new future timeline".

He said something like that:
"Oh don't worry, i have a better way to deal with him than sealing him out (referring to the Mafuba technique)" -

What's that about?
And let's make an hypotetic scenario. What would be the most realistic way to bring back Zamasu (or Black himself, i loved everything about him) into the game?

Maybe something involving Universe 12's mysterious time traveller?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4CDE5MLWBQ

In fact, apparently there's a time traveller from Universe 12 that created a Time Ring by altering the timeline, way before Trunks did his backNforth travels in the past.

For sure they haven't dropped that hint for nothing...

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Realistic way of bringing back Zamasu or Black!

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:08 am

Also they could bring back the Zamasu from Cell's timeline. That Zamasu should still be alive, since he never met Goku Black and thus never went on a genocidal onslaught. He had dark thoughts brewing inside him but there was no Black to push him to action. I am not sure how he could fit into the storyline though.

However, since Black is such a popular and beloved character, they might find a way to bring him back.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:46 pm

I'd like the idea of Zamasu's immortality being absolute due to receiving it from the Super DBs so that not even Zeno's erasure could completely eliminate him but rather leave him in a crippled state that's trapped in the future timeline's void, that is until some more time travel hijinx allows him to escape. There's also the possibility that Zamasu managed to sneak a piece of himself into an alternate universe/timeline prior to Zeno eradicating the vast majority of his being. Or there could be a case of Zamasu attaching the most basic degree of his essence onto Goku & Vegeta prior to their trip back to the main timeline and he is very slowly building himself to taking over their bodies.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:42 am

Actually one of the most popular theories back when the Tournament of Power arc was airing is that Zamasu had survived thanks to his absolute immortality and that he had somehow corrupted the Future Zeno. There was a window of time when Zeno was just floating in the remnants of the Future multiverse all alone, that's when Zamasu could have made his move and latched himself onto Zeno as a last desperate effort to survive.

The problem here is that both Zeno and the Super Dragon Balls are supposed to be omnipotent. Zeno is the King of All, and yet the Super Dragon Balls can grant any wish, including absolute and perfect immortality. So then who is stronger? Zeno or the Super Dragon Balls? If it's the latter that ends up being more important, then Zamasu could very well still be alive.

I think we need more clarification on who is more powerful between Zeno and the Super Dragon Balls and how they interact with each other to determine whether Zeno's erase technique could truly put an end to Zamasu.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 am

I came up with an idea, at least regarding Black...

Remember when he used his Ki Scythe to rip a hole in Space/Time?

He does that without even knowing what he's doing. (his words)
Well, i can imagine that his body did that uncounciously due to a survival instinct.

He opened that hole where some clones of him came out.
BUT also, part of his essence was transferred through that hole into another Timeline or Universe.

So, while the Black we knew was destroyed along with the entire Trunks timeline, another Black at his Peak Power could still be alive & active in another Universe. Makes sense? :lolno:

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:09 am

There is a Goku Black and Zamasu in Trunks new future.

Zamasu was sealed but what happened to Goku Black is a mystery.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:08 am Also they could bring back the Zamasu from Cell's timeline. That Zamasu should still be alive, since he never met Goku Black and thus never went on a genocidal onslaught. He had dark thoughts brewing inside him but there was no Black to push him to action. I am not sure how he could fit into the storyline though.

However, since Black is such a popular and beloved character, they might find a way to bring him back.
He had no black and his U6 v U7 tournament to watch...

I wonder if eveeeeentually Gowasu was able to deradicalise him. This random SS2 tier kaio/Kaioshin assistant is the last good fighter in his timeline! Potential there!
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:16 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:08 am Also they could bring back the Zamasu from Cell's timeline. That Zamasu should still be alive, since he never met Goku Black and thus never went on a genocidal onslaught. He had dark thoughts brewing inside him but there was no Black to push him to action. I am not sure how he could fit into the storyline though.

I wonder if eveeeeentually Gowasu was able to deradicalise him. This random SS2 tier kaio/Kaioshin assistant is the last good fighter in his timeline! Potential there!
There was nothing to deradicalise to be honest, at least with Future Zamasu. Though he always hated mortals, he lacked the will to act, which is why he would never be a threat to the mortals. So the Zamasu in Cell's timeline could complete his training, succeed Gowasu, and become the new Supreme Kai of Universe 10.

A "neutral" or even "lawful good" Zamasu would make for an amazing Supreme Kai! His strong sense of justice coupled with his intelligence (he was considered a genius despite being only an apprentice) would truly allow Universe 10 to shine. I think this was also the original destiny of Future Trunks' Zamasu, before Black recruited him.

Your last part is very interesting, because Goku aknowledged that Zamasu had A LOT of potential. Like, a lot. According to Goku, if he kept training he could become as strong as Beerus. He is a Kai, mind you, a Kai shouldn't match a Destroyer in strength. This shows what a prodigy Zamasu is.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:33 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:16 pm

There was nothing to deradicalise to be honest, at least with Future Zamasu. Though he always hated mortals, he lacked the will to act, which is why he would never be a threat to the mortals. So the Zamasu in Cell's timeline could complete his training, succeed Gowasu, and become the new Supreme Kai of Universe 10.

A "neutral" or even "lawful good" Zamasu would make for an amazing Supreme Kai! His strong sense of justice coupled with his intelligence (he was considered a genius despite being only an apprentice) would truly allow Universe 10 to shine. I think this was also the original destiny of Future Trunks' Zamasu, before Black recruited him.

Your last part is very interesting, because Goku aknowledged that Zamasu had A LOT of potential. Like, a lot. According to Goku, if he kept training he could become as strong as Beerus. He is a Kai, mind you, a Kai shouldn't match a Destroyer in strength. This shows what a prodigy Zamasu is.
I think Gowasu would eventually find a better example like namekians instead of barbarians and that given time and maturity and gowasus general influence would calm him down IMO.

Did Goku say Zamasu could get stronger or as strong as Beerus in the manga?

Goku States manga trunks (ss3 tier in ss2) is waaay too strong for even an immortal zamasu (without black backing him up implicitly) and that's when zammy has had even more time to train...

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:39 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:33 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:16 pm

I think Gowasu would eventually find a better example like namekians instead of barbarians and that given time and maturity and gowasus general influence would calm him down IMO.

Did Goku say Zamasu could get stronger or as strong as Beerus in the manga?

Goku States manga trunks (ss3 tier in ss2) is waaay too strong for even an immortal zamasu (without black backing him up implicitly) and that's when zammy has had even more time to train...
He says it in the anime. He says something like "That guy might become as strong as you if he keeps training", to which Beerus responds in an aggressive way. That's after they met Zamasu for the first time.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Hmm I mean I'm not fussed about the anime but it sounds like he's just winding up Beerus and Beerus is getting offended at the implication anyway.

There's an argument to be made that if it's not in both versions of super it's not Toriyama word of god/canon.

In other words we know zamasus last known strength but his potential is up in the air/unstated/different in both versions of super.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:00 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pmThere's an argument to be made that if it's not in both versions of super it's not Toriyama word of god/canon.
A flawed argument. Akira Toriyama mentions "Namekuseijin Book of Legends" in an interview and it was only heard in the anime. And while there's no specific example that we know about, I'm sure there must be something only seen/heard in the manga that comes from Toriyama but it's not in the anime.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:27 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm Hmm I mean I'm not fussed about the anime but it sounds like he's just winding up Beerus and Beerus is getting offended at the implication anyway.

There's an argument to be made that if it's not in both versions of super it's not Toriyama word of god/canon.

In other words we know zamasus last known strength but his potential is up in the air/unstated/different in both versions of super.
I agree with your point that Zamasu in the Cell's timeline would be one of the most important warriors left. Everyone of value in Universe 7 is dead, the Universe 6's Saiyans never learned Super Saiyan from Vegeta, which means that Zamasu from Universe 10 would be one of the top fighters in the multiverse.