Android 17's Watch

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MarCas92
Regular

Android 17's Watch

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:31 pm

So re-reading the Manga I noticed something I never had before: #17's Watch.

The first time we see it is in Chapter 350, after 17 crushes Gero's Head.

We don't see it again until Chapter 352 where we see it twice. 1st on the cover page and again when 17 claps for Vegeta.

This is where it gets a bit tricky. The final panel of Chapter 366 when Piccolo is about to face off against 17 we see 17 rolling up his sleeves. However, I can't tell if that's his watch on his wrist or just shading.

I didn't take a look at the anime too closely but, I did notice a few things. When 17 crushes Gero's head in DBZ episode 134 we don't get a 1to1 panel adaptation. In fact, we don't get to see the crushed head or 17's sleeve at all. However, in the Chapter 352 adaptation DBZ 135, we do see that the anime inserted 17's watch. However, the anime watch seems to be much less complex than Toriyama's. There it's just a band and a plain white face with nothing on it. Finally, in episode 148 when 17 rolls up his sleeve, the anime chose not to include his watch.

If anyone has any more info on 17's watch please post it below. Much like Vegeta's boots, I love this stuff.

PICTURES FOR REFERENCE:
https://imgur.com/a/0lOxeXx
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!