The punch that fell Broly in the original movie

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kokonoe
Not Banned

The punch that fell Broly in the original movie

Post by Kokonoe » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 pm

So everyone teams up and gives Goku a ton of energy for one last ditch effort to stop Broly. It works and Goku's punch pierces Broly's body and causes his defeat. We don't get to see much after that as the ending was clearly rushed.

There's something that I've been wondering for a long time about this scene though. Is Goku able to pierce Goku with the seemingly invincible Broly because of his scar as a baby from the sword? Or does Goku just simply gain that much strength from the Ki of his friends to be able to finally get through his tough skin?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: The punch that fell Broly in the original movie

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Well, we don't have much to go on, as I'm not sure even Toei thought about it all that much.

But, given on what little the movie has given us, Broly is ultimately self-destructive. His power comes as a terrible cost, to both his mind and his body. You can see him in actual, physical pain as his power starts overflowing.

His body was a rubber band. He was a 1 Hit Point wonder. Absolutely impervious to anything below a certain threshold... but will snap in half once you finally did put enough force into it. So, he's like Majin Buu, but for a different reason. You have to hit him with a strong enough attack, or he'll never die.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:17 pm

Well thought out post good sir. Thanks.

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:15 am

The attack in question is called "Miracle Blow" in Daizenshuu 6 (as per the unreliable DB Wikia) and "Ultimate Fist" in Dragon Ball Legends (oh how I love Blueku's smile...)