Gogeta's Sparkly Ball

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Gogeta's Sparkly Ball

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:01 am

In the context of the Fusion Reborn movie, I could have sworn it wasn't an attack that dealt serious damage but rather took the evil out of the kid that had become Janemba.

In video games and such things (I don't remember if it was in the Broly movie), it seems to have been repurposed as just another powerful attack. That sounds like a misconstruing of the original concept of the attack.

Am I understanding this wrong? Just curious if I've been wrong about the original movie this whole time.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Gogeta's Sparkly Ball

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:21 pm

I couldn't say you are wrong, his attack did clear out the evil out of the kid instead of just erasing him, and the later called Soul Punisher looked different than other attacks.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:21 pm

they never explained it, so just take it as rule of cool

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 pm

You can use dragon fist in games, yet enemies don't die just like that and they don't have big hole in their stomach.
The same goes for being hit by Kienzan or Special Beam Cannon.

No matter how this technique worked in Fusion Reborn, they obviously had to make it just a powerful attack in games.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:49 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:21 pm they never explained it, so just take it as rule of cool
Yep. This is the answer.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:56 am

jamiljamtheman wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:01 am (I don't remember if it was in the Broly movie),
It is.

It didn't function the same way, however.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:15 pm

You can likely blame this, in part at least, on Funimation's dub, as their dialogue for Gogeta made it out as if Janemba's ki had something to do with his death.

Original Japanese dialogue:
Gogeta - Paikuhan! I'll get him back for you!

Gogeta - I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am he who will defeat you!
Funimation's dialogue:
Gogeta - I am not Goku or Vegeta. I am Gogeta! It's over Janemba! I've come for you!

Gogeta - Every force you create has an echo. Your own bad energy will be your undoing.
As for the Psyche-Oni's appearance after Janemba's defeat, who's to say that isn't what would always have happened when Janemba was destroyed?

I hold that it's not anything more than a flashy ki blast, and that it has no special properties to it at all. Daizenshuu 7's Special Attack Dictionary doesn't even give it a unique entry, and it gives unique entries for other unique movie-specific special attacks (S.S. Deadly Bomber, etc)

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:16 am

Just for the hell of it, not even the 2017 JR stamp rally tickets gave Gogeta's move any worthwhile notice or special effect... his ultimate technique was literally just "Energy shot" LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/lightning446 ... 7239146497
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Theres plenty of attacks in the games that function differently from the show. That should be obvious. Vegeta's Final Explosion doesnt kill him, just leaves him with 1hp. They have to do these type of things to make the game playable.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:00 pm Theres plenty of attacks in the games that function differently from the show. That should be obvious. Vegeta's Final Explosion doesnt kill him, just leaves him with 1hp. They have to do these type of things to make the game playable.
Super did the same thing with it not killing him.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:25 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:00 pm Theres plenty of attacks in the games that function differently from the show. That should be obvious. Vegeta's Final Explosion doesnt kill him, just leaves him with 1hp. They have to do these type of things to make the game playable.
Super did the same thing with it not killing him.
And that’s exactly why that scene was bullshit. But considering it’s DBS it’s not surprising