What Is The Basis For SSJBE's Power?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

What Is The Basis For SSJBE's Power?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:37 pm

We know that SSJBE is Vegeta improving in his own way instead of following Goku's path with UI but where does the power & reason for the form come from exactly? Is Vegeta drawing on the power of Oozaru to push SSJB to a greater level? Is he relying on more rage? Does he simply have further latent power deep within?
How did Vegeta bridge the gap between he & Goku when the latter activated his strongest multiplier of Kaio-ken?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: What Is The Basis For SSJBE's Power?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:43 am

theherodjl wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:37 pm We know that SSJBE is Vegeta improving in his own way instead of following Goku's path with UI but where does the power & reason for the form come from exactly? Is Vegeta drawing on the power of Oozaru to push SSJB to a greater level? Is he relying on more rage? Does he simply have further latent power deep within?
How did Vegeta bridge the gap between he & Goku when the latter activated his strongest multiplier of Kaio-ken?
Since Super Saiyan can combine with other forms such as Great Ape and Super Saiyan God in order to create Golden Great Ape and Super Saiyan Blue respectively. I think that when users of Super Saiyan Blue try to go even further beyond the power of Super Saiyan Blue, he or she might decide to use Ascended Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God to become Ascended Super Saiyan Blues, which I believe is the form Son Goku and Vegeta went for in the Dragon Ball Super Manga. But in the Dragon Ball Super Anime, Son Goku made use of the Super Saiyan Blue: 20X Kaioken in order to surpass Super Saiyan Blue. While Vegeta achieved Beyond Super Saiyan Blue by combining Ultra Super Saiyan with Super Saiyan God.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:00 am

Most likely, it's just Super Saiyan Blue Grade-2: instead of using a technique to increase his ki output, he "tweaked" the transformation

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:16 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:00 am Most likely, it's just Super Saiyan Blue Grade-2: instead of using a technique to increase his ki output, he "tweaked" the transformation
Where exactly is Vegeta drawing out this additional power though? Goku has the excuse of the Genki Dama charging him up to achieve UI but what justifies Vegeta multiplying SSJB by twenty-fold? Is he just very angry? Determined? Both? Maybe something else?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:44 pm

I think the manga is a bit more straightforward about this matter. Saiyans’ power-ups are commonly driven by emotions. Vegeta probably tried to achieve Ultra Instinct by suppressing his emotions and that might have caused a twisted effect and when he returned to draw power for his emotions they were much more intense.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 pm

theherodjl wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:16 pm
ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:00 am Most likely, it's just Super Saiyan Blue Grade-2: instead of using a technique to increase his ki output, he "tweaked" the transformation
Where exactly is Vegeta drawing out this additional power though?
greater Ki multiplier, basically.
Force-pushing all his energy through a modified Blue transformation that can multiply and sustain it
Goku has the excuse of the Genki Dama charging him up to achieve UI
Genkidama just re-energized Goku a little, it was the danger of it that unlocked UI.
but what justifies Vegeta multiplying SSJB by twenty-fold? Is he just very angry? Determined? Both? Maybe something else?
Very prideful

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:48 pm

Emotion. Both anime/manga showed the power up came from feelings of rage and frustration.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:18 am

Miracles wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:48 pm Emotion. Both anime/manga showed the power up came from feelings of rage and frustration.
So that means Vegeta's rage offers him roughly 20 times greater power than normal? Would that mean Vegeta was 20 times stronger after Bulma got slapped by Beerus?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:54 am

theherodjl wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:18 am
Miracles wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:48 pm Emotion. Both anime/manga showed the power up came from feelings of rage and frustration.
So that means Vegeta's rage offers him roughly 20 times greater power than normal? Would that mean Vegeta was 20 times stronger after Bulma got slapped by Beerus?
It’s possible. After all, Vegeta was stronger than SS3 Goku and weaker than SSGod Goku.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:59 am

Since Vegeta never got Super Saiyan God in the anime, consider this Blue Evolution to be the merger of its power, like cyan and magenta combine to make the blue colour :wink: He's even got the eye pupils! In the manga, however, Vegeta was always that strong, but he kept his power within, so that he could release it in the right moment.

The original Dragon Ball manga/Z went through a similar change in aura, when Super Saiyan's used to be restless before its mastery, which made it flow and less fiery, until further ascension (Super Saiyan 2) returned to being restless, although with the added sparks. Vegeta's change in Dragon Ball Super was something like that.

In terms of power, ever since the anime portrayed Goku versus Hit with Super Kaioken Blue x10, and copied Toyotaro's Super Saiyan God and Blue switching, I thought of Super Saiyan Blue being less than full power, so that either technique put him up there, while Kaioken x20 was the ascension, as a two fold increase similar to the manga.
SSJB w/ Kaioken x20 (anime) = Power Stressed SSJB (manga) = Vegeta's evolution (both)
SSJB w/ Kaioken x10 (anime) = Complete SSJB (manga) = SSJG into SSJB switching (both)
Super Saiyan Blue (anime) = Super Saiyan Blue at 10% (manga) = Super Saiyan God (both)