Is 'Ultimate' Still Representative Of Gohan's Final Form/State Or Can He Ascend Further?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Is 'Ultimate' Still Representative Of Gohan's Final Form/State Or Can He Ascend Further?

Post by theherodjl » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:48 am

Will he always just be "Ultimate Gohan + whatever extra degree of power he happens to obtain?" or will 'Ultimate' become a thing of the past and then we'll have God Gohan or something like that?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is 'Ultimate' Still Representative Of Gohan's Final Form/State Or Can He Ascend Further?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:40 am

It’s impossible to say, but if I had to guess I’d guess they’ll give him a new recolor eventually.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Re: Is 'Ultimate' Still Representative Of Gohan's Final Form/State Or Can He Ascend Further?

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:51 pm

It was kind of disappointing that Gohan didn't achieve some kind of unique form during the ToP. I mean they gave Vegeta his own snowflake blue form, to not give Gohan - the guy that the first half of DBZ pounded into our brains every second was a special prodigy and the perfect fusion of human and saiyan fighting potential - his own unique new form as a young adult in his physical prime was just silly.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:14 pm

He'll be given the power to surpass the previous level that he lost to. From around Super Saiyan 3 to SSJ Fusion, he defeated his own purpose of powering up Boo, because he matched the fusion that could handle the latter. Now he's going to match the character who can handle Kefla. Don't expect much more than Ultimate jumping tiers.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:28 pm

Do you mean will he revert back to relying on the old transformation mechanic to impress on the audience his strength progress? Personally, I hope not. I'm one of those fans who's grown tired of the constant piling on and would prefer something a bit different. Now if Gohan somehow learned the Kaioken and began applying it to his ultimate form, I wouldn't have any issues with that. It's technically an ability, not a transformation. Plus, I think if any power was going to be passed down to others a technique as valuable as the Kaioken would be close to the top of the list.