Vegeta III Meets Trunks.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Vegeta III Meets Trunks.

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:33 pm

I think Vegeta III would be rather proud to have a grandson who is a Super Saiyan. Especially given how proud he was of Vegeta when Vegeta was young.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Re: Vegeta III Meets Trunks.

Post by theherodjl » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:33 pm
I think Vegeta III would be rather proud to have a grandson who is a Super Saiyan. Especially given how proud he was of Vegeta when Vegeta was young.
Yeah, I mean...sure?
King Vegeta had great pride in his lineage and would be content to see both his son & grandson as SSJs if he had lived. However, King Vegeta was still cruel, Saiyan leader who lacked compassion for his enemies and other species of beings just like Raditz & Nappa. If anime scenes are anything to go off of, King Vegeta may have personally destroyed peaceful planets himself to demonstrate that he was truly a ruthless person to Freeza and the rest of the universe. If King Vegeta saw his son living in harmony with a race of weaklings and raising his son to be just like him/them then King Vegeta might also be disgusted by his surviving family even if they are SSJs.
There's a reason why Vegeta has abandoned the ideology of the past Saiyans and doesn't seek to revive any of them even with wish-granting orbs.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:13 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:26 pm
Hulk10 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:33 pm
Yeah, I mean...sure?
King Vegeta had great pride in his lineage and would be content to see both his son & grandson as SSJs if he had lived. However, King Vegeta was still cruel, Saiyan leader who lacked compassion for his enemies and other species of beings just like Raditz & Nappa. If anime scenes are anything to go off of, King Vegeta may have personally destroyed peaceful planets himself to demonstrate that he was truly a ruthless person to Freeza and the rest of the universe. If King Vegeta saw his son living in harmony with a race of weaklings and raising his son to be just like him/them then King Vegeta might also be disgusted by his surviving family even if they are SSJs.
There's a reason why Vegeta has abandoned the ideology of the past Saiyans and doesn't seek to revive any of them even with wish-granting orbs.
Maybe, maybe not. We don't know. Actually I don't think Vegeta has a specific reason for not seeking to revive any of them. I think its more something that he never considered. He abandoned the ideology of his youth because he came to care for others. He hasn't lost his Saiyan ideology, he is just not as cruel as he used to be.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:32 am

Hulk10 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:13 pm
Maybe, maybe not. We don't know. Actually I don't think Vegeta has a specific reason for not seeking to revive any of them. I think its more something that he never considered. He abandoned the ideology of his youth because he came to care for others. He hasn't lost his Saiyan ideology, he is just not as cruel as he used to be.
Nappa did suggest using the DBs(at least in the case of Raditz) to revive dead Saiyans but Vegeta nixed the idea immediately because Raditz/Planet Vegeta's Saiyans were considered weak and not worth the effort. I'm not sure if Vegeta was ever informed of the Earth's time limit on reviving dead peoples but if he didn't know, it wasn't essential and/or important for him to do so especially after his gradual heel-face turn.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:37 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:32 am
Hulk10 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:13 pm
Nappa did suggest using the DBs(at least in the case of Raditz) to revive dead Saiyans but Vegeta nixed the idea immediately because Raditz/Planet Vegeta's Saiyans were considered weak and not worth the effort. I'm not sure if Vegeta was ever informed of the Earth's time limit on reviving dead peoples but if he didn't know, it wasn't essential and/or important for him to do so especially after his gradual heel-face turn.
Yeah that's exactly my point. He didn't care enough.