Evil Buu is Kid Buu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Evil Buu is Kid Buu?

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:10 pm

something that was never clear to me ... and I always had that doubt.
both are buu pure "evil" ...
both separated from fat buu
both are stronger than fat buu

however they are different in appearance ... even so they should be the same? .. in essence they are also equally strong?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Evil Buu is Kid Buu?

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:47 pm

Grey Buu wears Dai Kaioshin's clothes just like the Fat one does, so he must still have some influence from Him even if Fat Buu got most of it, while Kid Buu has no influence from the Dai Kaioshin. That's the most notorious difference I see between them, Kid Buu is pure unadultered Buu, while the others have various levels of influence from gods or mortals.

Now, it was said that absorbing the chubby good-natured god weakened Buu, so if there is still an influence on Grey Buu then he should be weaker than a similar version of his without the weakening god thing going on.

We could also compare how each of them fared against Fat Buu, I think they performed pretty much the same with Kid Buu already been fighting for a while against stronger characters before facing Fat Buu, so I would say Kid Buu is stronger but in no way he stomps like Super Buu does.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:46 am

Evil Buu is not Kid Buu. The former was Super Buu's personality, which ceased to exist when Good Buu was ripped out, allowing Kid Buu to take its place. In terms of power, he was split from its peak due to Majin Buu's anger, and he became stronger than the fat one with more than half. However, given that Good Buu had the least amount, the difference between Evil Buu's dominance, and Kid Buu's over the original fat one, is not enough to tell who's stronger. Super Buu is a Kid Buu body more suited towards fighting so we can say that the latter is better than Evil Buu. This is all before the God power shenanigans in DBS.

I placed them relative to each other with a few numbers for descriptions:

Notice how Evil Buu is twice as strong as Good Buu while Majin Buu is 60% of Kid Buu.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:36 am

Tai Lung wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:10 pm they are different in appearance ... even so they should be the same? .. in essence they are also equally strong?
When the Good Boo was separated from the Evil Boo, it was fair to assume he would transform back to that skinny version, but I think Toriyama decided to make that plot point in order to create an actual challenge for Goku, so Boo grew stronger instead of weaker. Not to mention that, recently in the Dragon Ball Super manga, it was revealed that Pure Boo is not so pure, since he absorbed the god power from Grand Kaioshin.

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shintoki » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:35 pm

both are called evil boo, so technically Yes
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:05 pm

I was under the impression Skinny Grey Boo was the evil in Fat Boo taking physical form.

Kid Boo/Pure Boo is Boo without absorbing anyone.

So Skinny Boo is more of a personification of an abstract concept?

funrush

Post by funrush » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:10 pm

This is the one major plot hole I've noticed in the entirety of DB. If Evil Buu absorbs Fat Buu, and Vegeta rips Fat Buu out, he should've just turned back to Evil Buu. As far as I know there's no explanation as to why Kid Buu appears instead of Evil Buu. It's a plot hole.
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:47 pm Grey Buu wears Dai Kaioshin's clothes just like the Fat one does, so he must still have some influence from Him even if Fat Buu got most of it, while Kid Buu has no influence from the Dai Kaioshin. That's the most notorious difference I see between them, Kid Buu is pure unadultered Buu, while the others have various levels of influence from gods or mortals.
This is the one thing that might explain it, that maybe Kaioshin's influence in Evil Buu was somehow transferred back to Fat Buu during Super Buu's adventures. But that's like kind of a reach and hard to explain. It's more likely Toriyama just got swamped by his deadlines and either forgot that it should be Evil Buu, or didn't care and made him Kid Buu anyway.

Surai

Post by Surai » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Evil Buu was a part of Fat Buu. Not only his evil side but also a huge part of his power and abilities, hence he had the same clothes. He existed because Fat Buu existed. Kid Buu is different because he didn’t come from Fat Buu, he was the original Buu without any absorption. He was entirely his own being.

Super Buu was just a smarter and stronger version of Evil Buu thanks to Fat Buu’s power.
funrush wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:10 pm This is the one thing that might explain it, that maybe Kaioshin's influence in Evil Buu was somehow transferred back to Fat Buu during Super Buu's adventures. But that's like kind of a reach and hard to explain. It's more likely Toriyama just got swamped by his deadlines and either forgot that it should be Evil Buu, or didn't care and made him Kid Buu anyway.
Toriyama definitely didn’t forget about Evil Buu because Vegeta mentioned him before ripping off the cocoon that contained Fat Buu.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:46 am

Both were certifiably evil but Grey Buu seemed more composed and less volatile in his actions than Kid Buu was. It's possible he separated from Fat Buu while still retaining some of the cognitive ability of South and Dai Kaioshin, albeit with the innocence of the latter being almost completely suppressed.

Now as to power, there had been a distribution of the original cumulative whole that Fat Buu wielded. Evil/Grey received most while Good/Mr Buu retained a fractional portion. Both were still inhibited by Kaioshin influence, though. Kid Buu was unshackled from the constraints of Dai Kaioshin's essence. While he did lose South Kaioshin's power as well, it effectively placed him back on the same footing as Fat, more or less.