Was Super Perfect Cell Actually At Full Power?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Was Super Perfect Cell Actually At Full Power?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:40 am

Cell demonstrates a few times that he is subject to Namekian regeneration's loss of Ki upon needing to re-acquire lost sections of his body so does that mean that SPC was not quite at full power when he engaged Gohan in the beam struggle? He did have to regenerate his entire body from his smallest part so was he at a minor or even moderate loss of Ki as a result even considering the Zenkai?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Was Super Perfect Cell Actually At Full Power?

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:30 am

Remember that he also had Freeza and Goku’s cells, so he doesn’t have that weakness.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:05 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:30 am Remember that he also had Freeza and Goku’s cells, so he doesn’t have that weakness.
If he has Freeza's cells then that means he can hold his full power for only 7-8 minutes. :D
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:09 am

I mean, when Freeza lose limbs his life force doesn’t decrease like Namekians and Saiyans. That combo actually makes Cell immune to life force consumption and instead his body gets stronger.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:30 pm

Just like Gohan, he used all of his might as a SSJ2 like character, but with less than the full extent of his power. They don't always revert to a lower form when running out of energy. Goku went all the way down to base from SSJ3 for example. On the other hand, Golden Freeza went back to his true form, while Cell only lost his perfect form without 18. The biggest mystery is, however, Cell recovering it through regeneration. I guess that, since he had already felt that level of power, and his body mutated once to memorize the form, getting a Zenkai allowed him to reach it on his own, and to surpass the previous full power level before regeneration took a toll on his energy. Here's an example:
SSJ2 Gohan/S.P. Cell: 2.4 <- the top level without damage or energy loss.
Perfect Cell weighted: 1.92 <- the last resort that surpassed his previous full power.
Perfect Cell full power: 1.536 <- a full power that hasn't surpassed the ascension left.
SSJ Gohan/P. Cell (62.5%): 1.2 <- his father's limit and more than half of his opponent.
SSJ Vegeta/Trunks/Perfect Cell: 0.96 <- perhaps the level at which the Cell Jrs. showed up.
I edited many descriptions.
Last edited by Desassina on Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:21 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:09 am I mean, when Freeza lose limbs his life force doesn’t decrease like Namekians and Saiyans. That combo actually makes Cell immune to life force consumption and instead his body gets stronger.
Just to correct myself. Cell and Freeza are not really immune to life force consumption, rather they can endure their life force being consumed for a longer period.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:38 pm

He came back from practically nothing, creating mass and energy out of only his nucleus, so I don't see why he wouldn't be at full power, when he can already gain all his power back and more.
Maybe "resetting" allowed this to happen, whereas still having a body would always make his nucleus give priority to sustaining and repairing the body at great energy cost?