Purity of Heart

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Purity of Heart

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Is Goku the only character in the series who is pure of heart? Because his second chance attitude is dangerous.
Hulk is strongest one there is. -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I will never again bow to your charge! But I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking to Unicron controlled Megatron.

The arrogance of man is thinking that we are in control of our destiny. Let them fight. -Dr. Ishiro Serizawa to Admiral William Stenz.

I thank....... you......... -Broly to Cheelai

It's not right for you to say bad things about him. He is my dad." -Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about Paragus.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Purity of Heart

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Well other people are able to ride the kintoun.

If it uses different standards of 'pure of heart' from, say, Akkuman's beam, then there are still probably some characters who would be judged 'pure' by it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:27 pm

If it uses different standards of 'pure of heart' from, say, Akkuman's beam, then there are still probably some characters who would be judged 'pure' by it.
Yeah I know but Goku is far too lenient in my opinion.

In the name of the mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I will never again bow to your charge! But I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking to Unicron controlled Megatron.

The arrogance of man is thinking that we are in control of our destiny. Let them fight. -Dr. Ishiro Serizawa to Admiral William Stenz.

It's not right for you to say bad things about him. He is my dad." -Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about Paragus.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:53 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:12 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote:

Well the concept of 'pure of heart' in the series doesn't seem to mean 'morally good', but rather 'innocently naive'. Zeno could be said to be 'pure of heart' but he has the highest kill count of any character.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:53 pm
Hulk10 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:12 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote:

Well the concept of 'pure of heart' in the series doesn't seem to mean 'morally good', but rather 'innocently naive'. Zeno could be said to be 'pure of heart' but he has the highest kill count of any character.
Well I don't know about the 'innocently naive' thing. But it does seem to have that meaning sometimes like with Zeno. But with Goku and Krillin it means that. But Goku is also 'innocently naive'.

SupremeKai25
Advanced Regular

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:26 am

Zamasu also had purity of heart. This is stated by Gowasu when he notes how good his tea tastes. Let me find the exact quote:

"Tea made by one pure of heart is unclouded and always the most delicious to boot."

This was before Zamasu gave into his darker desires and started to hate mankind though.
"And now we will cleanse the Earth. Your filthy kind is worst of all. How many times have your conflicts nearly destroyed this planet and threatened to spread across this universe? And since you've learned to defy time you can spread your violence even farther."

Zamasu/Fused Zamasu fan.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Yes...... Your right. SupremeKai25.