Purity of Heart

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Hulk10
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: New Sadala

Purity of Heart

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Is Goku the only character in the series who is pure of heart? Because his second chance attitude is dangerous.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6061
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Purity of Heart

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Well other people are able to ride the kintoun.

If it uses different standards of 'pure of heart' from, say, Akkuman's beam, then there are still probably some characters who would be judged 'pure' by it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Hulk10
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: New Sadala

Re: Purity of Heart

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:27 pm
Well other people are able to ride the kintoun.

If it uses different standards of 'pure of heart' from, say, Akkuman's beam, then there are still probably some characters who would be judged 'pure' by it.
Yeah I know but Goku is far too lenient in my opinion.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6061
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Purity of Heart

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:53 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:12 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:27 pm
Well other people are able to ride the kintoun.

If it uses different standards of 'pure of heart' from, say, Akkuman's beam, then there are still probably some characters who would be judged 'pure' by it.
Yeah I know but Goku is far too lenient in my opinion.
Well the concept of 'pure of heart' in the series doesn't seem to mean 'morally good', but rather 'innocently naive'. Zeno could be said to be 'pure of heart' but he has the highest kill count of any character.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Hulk10
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: New Sadala

Re: Purity of Heart

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:53 pm
Hulk10 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:12 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:27 pm
Well other people are able to ride the kintoun.

If it uses different standards of 'pure of heart' from, say, Akkuman's beam, then there are still probably some characters who would be judged 'pure' by it.
Yeah I know but Goku is far too lenient in my opinion.
Well the concept of 'pure of heart' in the series doesn't seem to mean 'morally good', but rather 'innocently naive'. Zeno could be said to be 'pure of heart' but he has the highest kill count of any character.
Well I don't know about the 'innocently naive' thing. But it does seem to have that meaning sometimes like with Zeno. But with Goku and Krillin it means that. But Goku is also 'innocently naive'.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

User avatar
SupremeKai25
I Live Here
Posts: 2032
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am
Location: The ruins of the West City

Re: Purity of Heart

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:26 am

Zamasu also had purity of heart. This is stated by Gowasu when he notes how good his tea tastes. Let me find the exact quote:

"Tea made by one pure of heart is unclouded and always the most delicious to boot."

This was before Zamasu gave into his darker desires and started to hate mankind though.
The power coursing through me is exceptional, glorious, absolute! Stare in awe, I am justice incarnate!

User avatar
Hulk10
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: New Sadala

Re: Purity of Heart

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Yes...... Your right. SupremeKai25.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Post Reply