What ranking Saiyan was Raditz?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

What ranking Saiyan was Raditz?

Post by Helios518 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:27 pm

IIRC Raditz calling himself an "elite" but then Vegeta called himself an "elite" and Raditz "low-class." I feel as if both are possible because Raditz could just be boasting or Vegeta could just be demeaning so is there a definitive truth to this?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What ranking Saiyan was Raditz?

Post by Grimlock » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:40 pm

Only King Vegeta and Vegeta belonged to the elite class (I"m on cellphone now to provide the source but it's the interview with Ooishi Naho about Bardock).

There's also another statement saying that Raditz and Nappa shared the same status (probably mid class) but given the context, I don't really buy it.

To me Raditz is a low class warrior.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Within the Saiyan hierarchy, Raditz was a low-class, while Nappa was a mid/elite-class and Vegeta was a super-elite.

But in the ranks of Freeza's forces, both Raditz and Nappa were of equal rank as regular soldiers, and only Vegeta held some sort of higher status.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:18 pm

I recall someone saying that Raditz was a mid class Saiyan. Nappa was an elite and Vegeta was a Super Elite.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 pm

There were a few snipers in the Broly movie (the ones Freeza killed) who had PLs above Raditz (around 2000). I'm guessing they were fairly high ranking because Freeza said their PLs were high, and they were the ones chosen to attack Freeza. So Raditz was probably either in the same class as those guys or a rank below them.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:19 pm

Raditz was low-to mid class.

Nappa was elite.

Vegeta was super elite.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:49 am

Toriyama said that Raditz was an upper class warrior in the same group as Nappa and Vegeta. That means he was likely a mid class Saiyan, not an elite but definately pretty strong for a Saiyan.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.