Do you think we'll eventually get a new type of fusion introduced

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Do you think we'll eventually get a new type of fusion introduced

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:52 am

Considering were getting new forms and it would help new merchandise do you think Dragonball will create a new type of fusion one day?

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Do you think we'll eventually get a new type of fusion introduced

Post by omegacwa » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:31 am

I personally hope not. If anything I wouldn't mind them exploring the Namekian fusion more if only for the sake of making Piccolo more relevant again.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:31 am

I'm kinda interested in seeing other kinds of fusion on-screen since it was stated to be a thing.

I also want to see the Metamoru fusion being performed without the whole dance (like in Heroes). By now, I'm pretty sure Goten and Trunks have mastered it to the point of not needing to do the whole thing.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:36 pm

I'd like to see an improvement to fusion in which merging bodies is no longer necessary, all that would need to happen is two characters perform a dance or use an item with one another that temporarily shares their power & abilities(and magnifies them) between each other.
Imagine seeing Goten & Trunks have the strength & tricks of Gotenks as individuals.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:24 am

Fusion between more than two characters may be introduced one day. Maybe with a very special ritual it would be cool to see a fusion of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and 17 to show off against a very powerful opponent.

I would be fine with it if as long as the ritual could only performed once with the same warriors, and it stays something very unique.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:42 pm

We already had a fusion between more characters with Anilaza, who is like four characters combined into one. Also technically we had a new type of fusion in the Future Trunks arc because we had two versions of the same character fuse into one.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Using the Potara, which is not a new type of fusion at all. The fusees being the same person doesn't alter anything.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:02 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:42 pm We already had a fusion between more characters with Anilaza, who is like four characters combined into one.

Technically speaking you're right about that, the idea already exists, but those were basically robots. The robots first fused into Koicéareta. Later Paparoni joined the club. It was not one fusion, it happened in several stages. And the first fase of the fusion was very mechanical. I meant as a variant for the classic fusion between humanoids, as performed by more than two U7 fighters at once. We haven't seen that in the main timeline.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:03 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:53 pm Using the Potara, which is not a new type of fusion at all. The fusees being the same person doesn't alter anything.
It altered a lot, especially in the manga. When the time limit was up, the fact that they were the same being caused them to merge at a cellular level, so they did not defuse correctly. Two versions of the same individual merging with the Potara earrings could be considered as a subcategory of the normal Potara fusion. It's not a new type of fusion altogether, but an interesting variation on an existing one.
Mister_Popo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:02 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:42 pm We already had a fusion between more characters with Anilaza, who is like four characters combined into one.

Technically speaking you're right about that, the idea already exists, but those were basically robots. The robots first fused into Koicéareta. Later Paparoni joined the club. It was not one fusion, it happened in several stages. And the first fase of the fusion was very mechanical. I meant as a variant for the classic fusion between humanoids, as performed by more than two U7 fighters at once. We haven't seen that in the main timeline.

Point taken. I suppose it's like Cell and Buu absorbing people. Not really fusion but close to it.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:44 pm

Supposedly, up to five people could use the fusion dance at the same time. It's the basis for the game Dragon Ball Fusions. Would be neat to see something like that in the anime. Maybe to combat some great evil that even the angels fear. Not sure who that would involve, though. Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan would be an obvious combination, but I'm not sure who else would be willing or able to join them.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Maybe they could do Synchro, XYZ, Pendulum, and Link techniques instead... :lol:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:44 pm Supposedly, up to five people could use the fusion dance at the same time. It's the basis for the game Dragon Ball Fusions. Would be neat to see something like that in the anime. Maybe to combat some great evil that even the angels fear. Not sure who that would involve, though. Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan would be an obvious combination, but I'm not sure who else would be willing or able to join them.
Add Broly and Piccolo or Future Trunks.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:48 pm Maybe they could do Synchro, XYZ, Pendulum, and Link techniques instead... :lol:
You may be joking, but this is not as impossible as it sounds 8)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:19 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:17 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:48 pm Maybe they could do Synchro, XYZ, Pendulum, and Link techniques instead... :lol:
How so?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:32 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:19 pm
Xeogran wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:17 pm
How so?
I mean that DB already has some media crossover with Yu-Gi-Oh franchise, so maybe they'll make a collaboration card one day. There's also this:

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:43 pm

No, given that we had a whole game the resolved around the fusion mechanic, aka DB Fusions for the 3DS. We got Potara, Metamorian, Namekian, Ex-Fusion, Five Way Fusion, & the various methods of Absorption. We have more than enough methods across the franchise, I rather they focus on expanding the methods mentioned beforehand then figure out some new weird dance or item for more mix match shenanigans.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:19 pm

What’s the story behind the EX Fusion technique in DB-Fusions? I know it’s linked to the device on their arms but that’s about it for me.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:02 am

I think we will probably see a four person fusion one day.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:24 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:19 pm What’s the story behind the EX Fusion technique in DB-Fusions? I know it’s linked to the device on their arms but that’s about it for me.
My understanding is that Bulma invented the device that allows it. Basically the two users do the fusion dance, & as long as the device stays on their arm, they stay fused.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:48 am

If Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza and King Cold did a five-way fusion, they would make another Cell. :lol: