Realization about DBS Broly's Super Saiyan form..

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Realization about DBS Broly's Super Saiyan form..

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:57 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:18 am
Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:09 pm Hmm that's a good point but apart of me thinks any other form except maybe ssj god wouldn't have done the trick due to how much Broly actually tanks ssj blue Gogeta's attacks. However that is a good point
we don't know how good is SSGod at Holding Back™ compared to Blue, nor how much power Gogeta Blue was using.

Using Blue isn't that much energy intensive than God(in the anime, it never was, in the manga the issue was resolved with Complete Blue), so there is really no reason to use anything beside SS and Blue unless they are showing off.

And given they did see how fast Broly was growing while they showed off earlier, using Blue directly to stay on the safe side was the smart move.
ok fair point. How strong would you say Full powered ssj Broly was. I honestly think he would be ssj god Gogeta level because SSj Blue completely decimated him so I could see Broly being roughly 10x weaker

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:26 am

Unless he got massive random gains, SS2 Gogeta at best.

Surai

Post by Surai » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:27 am

Hulk10 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:12 am Having anger issues doesn't necessarily make you insane but popular view is that both Brolys are insane.
Yes but it’s not just the anger issues, it’s the fact he gets overwhelmed by his anger to the point where he loses his lucidity and isn't aware of what he’s doing.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:56 am

ankokudaishogun wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:26 am Unless he got massive random gains, SS2 Gogeta at best.
Because random unexplained gains have been so rare in Super thus far. ^-^
Surai wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:27 am
Hulk10 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:12 am Having anger issues doesn't necessarily make you insane but popular view is that both Brolys are insane.
Yes but it’s not just the anger issues, it’s the fact he gets overwhelmed by his anger to the point where he loses his lucidity and isn't aware of what he’s doing.
Yeah, I think it's pretty standard across all media that berserkers be insane. Not irrational or "evil." Just unable to keep their sense of self intact when the anger starts coming out.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Surai wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:27 am
Good points.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Novantico

Post by Novantico » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:24 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:12 am
Surai wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:19 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:15 pm Old Broly was insane. DBS Broly isn't insane.
Both are insane since they have anger issues and get easily overwhelmed by them.
But DBS Broly is just a tortured soul with a pure heart, the 1993 one is a straight up psychopath.
Having anger issues doesn't necessarily make you insane but popular view is that both Brolys are insane.
Yeah I don't agree that DBS Broly is insane. I think he's got some seriously stunted mental development and maybe even a namable condition.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:36 pm

Novantico wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:24 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:12 am
Surai wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:19 pm

Both are insane since they have anger issues and get easily overwhelmed by them.
But DBS Broly is just a tortured soul with a pure heart, the 1993 one is a straight up psychopath.
Having anger issues doesn't necessarily make you insane but popular view is that both Brolys are insane.
Yeah I don't agree that DBS Broly is insane. I think he's got some seriously stunted mental development and maybe even a namable condition.
Better than Goku who's has full on mental retardation.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Goku isn't dumb. He is just naive.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:48 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:25 pm Goku isn't dumb. He is just naive.
That hasn't been true since the Saiyan Arc.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:53 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:48 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:25 pm Goku isn't dumb. He is just naive.
That hasn't been true since the Saiyan Arc.
People just think he is dumb when he is uneducated.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:54 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:53 pm
No, he really does have all the symptons of mental retardation. He has zero impulse control and has frequent bouts of hyperactivity. He struggles learning even basic concepts like counting and reading. He even has a severe brain injury to explain how he ended up that way.

This isn't just usual isolated kid or country hick stuff.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:43 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:54 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:53 pm
No, he really does have all the symptons of mental retardation. He has zero impulse control and has frequent bouts of hyperactivity. He struggles learning even basic concepts like counting and reading. He even has a severe brain injury to explain how he ended up that way.

This isn't just usual isolated kid or country hick stuff.
How could a person with mental retardation figure out that Frieza held back his full power for so long because he couldn't control it. And for another thing, how could he have planned out a training schedule for himself and his son. You need to do a much better job making your case before you say something like that. For the record Toriyama said that ALL Saiyans have trouble studying things. Also hyperactivity doesn't necessarily mean he is retarded.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:21 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:43 pm
How could a person with mental retardation figure out that Frieza held back his full power for so long because he couldn't control it. And for another thing, how could he have planned out a training schedule for himself and his son. You need to do a much better job making your case before you say something like that. For the record Toriyama said that ALL Saiyans have trouble studying things. Also hyperactivity doesn't necessarily mean he is retarded.
1) Goku can sense energy. You don't need to be able to think to realize something you're feeling is a little off. Animals do it all the time.

2) The whole sequence on Namek just makes Goku's mental handicap even more obvious. One minute he doesn't want Freeza to power up, the next he does. His brain isn't able to hold a consistent thought for more than a few seconds.

3) He didn't plan out his and Gohan's training regiment. He went down one road, realized it was a dead end, decided to go down another. The RoST training does a better job underscoring how blinded by his thirst for power Vegeta is than it does showing us any level of genius on Goku's part.

4) I'm sure Toriyama has said something. He's always saying something spur of the moment during interviews. That's why I tend to ignore it unless it appears in the anime/manga.

5) I did not say hyperactivity means someone is retarded. I said hyperactivity is a sympton of mental retardation. Which it is. A bit like how a fever is a sympton of the flu but doesn't necessarily mean you have the flu.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:54 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:21 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:43 pm
1) Goku can sense energy. You don't need to be able to think to realize something you're feeling is a little off. Animals do it all the time.

2) The whole sequence on Namek just makes Goku's mental handicap even more obvious. One minute he doesn't want Freeza to power up, the next he does. His brain isn't able to hold a consistent thought for more than a few seconds.

3) He didn't plan out his and Gohan's training regiment. He went down one road, realized it was a dead end, decided to go down another. The RoST training does a better job underscoring how blinded by his thirst for power Vegeta is than it does showing us any level of genius on Goku's part.

4) I'm sure Toriyama has said something. He's always saying something spur of the moment during interviews. That's why I tend to ignore it unless it appears in the anime/manga.

5) I did not say hyperactivity means someone is retarded. I said hyperactivity is a sympton of mental retardation. Which it is. A bit like how a fever is a sympton of the flu but doesn't necessarily mean you have the flu.
1. You do need to be able to think to deduce the reason behind it. Sensing energy means that you can tell if someone is holding back but not why. Here is a quote to prove my point. "Why wait so long to show it to me Frieza? You aren't fooling anyone. The second you
re at full power your ability to control it flies right out the window." Also you are still not helping your case. Goku decided he wanted to wait for Frieza to reach full power because he was a Saiyan, and Saiyans love the chance to fight with strong opponents. The Kai version makes that very, very clear. Its not stupidity its his Saiyan instincts. He says it best. "I hear you King Kai. I know all too well that this may be my one and only chance to take him out. But its also the only chance I'll ever have to see what he is really made of."

2. After the Hyperbolic Time Chamber he did plan out a training regime for himself and Gohan. You just don't remember seeing it. He also concidered the drawbacks and limits of each of the sub forms of Super Saiyan 1 and determined that the basic Super Saiyan 1 form had the best all around advantages in terms of speed, power and power requirements and he trained to be able to hold that form as easily as breathing. Vegeta said it was clever. And Vegeta calls him an idiot a lot. Training to hold the Super Saiyan form with ease so that one can maintain it for as long as they like so they don't have to waste energy on transforming is very smart.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:58 pm

Ikari you need anger and rage.

SSj needs anger, rage and Sorrow.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:23 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:58 pm Ikari you need anger and rage.

SSj needs anger, rage and Sorrow.
That makes sense.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:35 pm

Goku has a drivers license and was given basic schooling by Roshi. He isn't retarded he's just a knucklehead who has to be FORCED to learn something. Chichi had to force him to get his license and Roshi had to force him to learn math, reading and writing.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:22 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:35 pm Goku has a drivers license and was given basic schooling by Roshi. He isn't retarded he's just a knucklehead who has to be FORCED to learn something. Chichi had to force him to get his license and Roshi had to force him to learn math, reading and writing.
Goku's stupidly seems to be apart of Toriyama's nee need to make him a bad person. Goku prior to the revival of Dragonball loved his family and could function very well.in public.

Now it's all fighting all the time.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Is SSJ Broly x50 or x5? I know the SSJ multiplier is times 50, however Broly was in his ikari state like Oozaru. SSJ is 5x stronger than Oozaru so is SSJ Broly 5x stronger than he was in Oozaru or the normal 50x

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:40 pm

It should stack making his SS form 500x base power