Oceanus Shenron is male or female?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Oceanus Shenron is male or female?

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:39 pm

in Latin Dub Oceanus is classified as "she" but later in its true form it is cataloged as "he" I am not sure how it is in the original Japanese audio or in others dubbing but there is no doubt if the dragon has gender or is like the supreme kaios that do not have although they look like men or women

what do you think?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Oceanus Shenron is male or female?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:20 am

OS is a 'she' in the same way that Piccolo is a 'he'.

AFAIK.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:10 am

The illusion is a she, and the real one is a he, that's how I take it. Like old neckbeards pretending to be teenage girls online :lol:

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:54 am

The Dragons are shapeshifters so whatever gender or form they appear as is simply what they've chosen to be. Its possible that the nature of the wishes the Dragons were born from influences their designs but since two Dragons are virtually identical despite being made from different wishes, this might not be entirely accurate.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:53 am

I personally think shadow dragons are genderless, but can have traits of specific gender, kinda like Digimon. There were never 'male' or 'female' Digimon, they are officially genderless but very often look and behave like either boys or girls, yet it didn't stop them from being attracted to each other or one of them looking like a sexy angel. So i'd say Oceanus is something like female-type shadow dragon, she's just ugly in her true form. If she was male-type (or just male) then why would she behave like a girl and blush seeing naked Goku?

Genderless Digimon for you 8)
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta