If it had been F Gohan that gone to the past, who would Goku have taken into ROSAT?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Regular

If it had been F Gohan that gone to the past, who would Goku have taken into ROSAT?

Post by AvatarReiko » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:12 am

I am just curious. If it had been Future Gohan and that had travelled to the past and events panned out the same as they did in the manga up until the ROSAT, which of the Gohans would Goku have taken with him into the ROSAT? There were only enough supplies for 2 people.

Logically speaking, Future Gohan would have been better choice seeing he could already turn SSJ and would have have 'pushed" Goku a lot more since they would be very close in power. F G woulld still have his dormant power. Are there any arguments for Kid Gohan being better?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: If it had been F Gohan that gone to the past, who would Goku have taken into ROSAT?

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:43 am

Maybe not better in the sense of basic usable potential for growth but young Gohan would make better sense from a long term strategic point of view. Think about it, in the present timeline the greatest menace had assimilated both cyborgs, who in themselves turned out to be stronger than their future counterparts, and was now far more powerful than what those two posed, danger wise. No doubt Future Gohan would be invested in preserving the present timeline, but the most essential endpoint of his training only entails becoming powerful enough to handle the future cyborgs. Cell still poses a threat there but with a heavily reduced population, the odds of his overtaking a trained Gohan are slim. Present Gohan represents an invaluable combat asset that could be honed to protect the planet after Cell is gone from Goku's point of view.

Regardless of who goes in with Goku, the other could take the principles of their training and then it apply to their own regimen when they followed through with it. Realistically, they would probably go in with Piccolo who, while not a Saiyan himself, is still known for making incredible leaps in power within a short period of time.

Short term wise, Future Gohan might make better sense because, next to what you already said, he was more tempered than his young counterpart. Plus, his mature adult body would likely yield greater results than what young Gohan could achieve as a child. Emotionally it's a bit more difficult to guess as to who would be picked as Goku and Future Gohan are practically strangers to one another compared with the relationship the former has with his own present timeline son. Future Gohan might crave the time and attention spent alone with his long lost father after so long but helping to harness the Super Saiyan form plus better cultivate Gohan's mindset would make him an eligible candidate as well. Piccolo can help with the latter as he already has experience training with Gohan, twice, but he can't exactly help with the former.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: If it had been F Gohan that gone to the past, who would Goku have taken into ROSAT?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:00 pm

If Goku decided on his son from the future for the ROSAT, they'd probably have defeated Cell since Adult Gohan would have understood his role & training far better than his young counterpart and he already had a head start with knowing SSJ. Add in Future Gohan's matured body which would allow greater access to his potential and you got an Artificial-Human wrecking machine. The only advantage I see Kid Gohan as having is that he was considerably younger hence he would live longer, if not for that then Adult Gohan would've been the better choice to train.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am

AvatarReiko wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:12 am I am just curious. If it had been Future Gohan and that had travelled to the past and events panned out the same as they did in the manga up until the ROSAT, which of the Gohans would Goku have taken with him into the ROSAT? There were only enough supplies for 2 people.

Logically speaking, Future Gohan would have been better choice seeing he could already turn SSJ and would have have 'pushed" Goku a lot more since they would be very close in power. F G woulld still have his dormant power. Are there any arguments for Kid Gohan being better?
Given how Future Son Gohan was stronger than Future Trunks to begin with, the son of Future Son Goku would have humiliated and defeated Mecha Frieza, Second Form King Cold, and the Planet Trade Organization Soldiers a little bit more quickly than Future Trunks did. Then there is the chance that Future Son Gohan would have wanted to stay in the Present Timeline for the next three years so that he could spend time with his family and friends as he trained with them in order to prepare for the arrival of the Red Ribbon Androids.

But even if the grandson of Future Bardock didn't decide to stay in the past, the sparring match between Super Saiyan Son Goku and Super Saiyan Future Son Gohan being much more even than the one SSJ Son Goku had with SSJ Future Trunks would have motivated Son Goku and Piccolo to help train Son Gohan into becoming a Super Saiyan. Especially since his alternate future self had been able to do so. I honestly believe that the Z Fighters would have been at the least a little bit stronger than their canonical counterparts from having been able to witness Future Son Gohan being even more powerful than Son Goku ever was on Planet Namek and yet he is not strong enough to defeat the the two Androids he had warned them about.

The start of the Androids Saga would have seen Yamcha doing better against Doctor Gero, as in not letting himself be defeated by being grabbed, impaled, and then sucked by Android 20 just long enough for him to be able to get one hit in on Doctor Gero. Son Goku not even needing to go Super Saiyan when going up against Doctor Gero, when the latter would have used his Bionic Punisher to destroy a large part of the city the two and the others were in, but only for Doctor Gero to have been stopped by Son Goku using the 4X Kaioken on him. With Android 19 being destroyed by Son Goku using his 4X Kaioken again and Android 20 being destroyed before he could have a chance to have escaped back to his Secret Laboratory by Piccolo, Future Son Gohan would have met up with the Z Fighters and would have went with them to go to the Northern Mountains upon having gone to Bulma and questioned her about the possible location of the late Gero's Secret Laboratory.

I suppose if Son Goku had been notified by his son from the future to have taken his Medicine on time then the Z Fighters would have awakened Android 17 before doing the very same with Android 18 once having disposed of her younger twin brother in a combined assault before having done the very same with her in yet another act of the Z Fighters being forced to gang up on their enemy in order to defeat her. Every inch of Doctor Gero's Secret Hideout would have been searched by the Z Fighters before being completely destroyed by them.

Kami would have contacted the Z Fighters through Telepathy in order to warn them about Imperfect Cell sucking people dry at Gingertown. One of the Saiyan members of the Z Fighters would have achieved Ascended Super Saiyan in the confrontation with Imperfect Cell and would have used it to squash the Bio-Android like a Bug before eradicating him from existence. Two more events would have played out with the first being the Z Fighters gathering the Dragon Balls in order to revive all of the innocent lives lost at the hands of the remnants of the Red Ribbon Army and the second being Son Goku convincing the rest of the Z Fighters to train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber since they couldn't defeat three of their enemies without some kind of miracle happening for them to win.

In a sort of epilogue, Future Son Gohan would have went in twice, the first time with his very own father, and the second time with his second father Piccolo. Before Future Son Gohan would have said his goodbyes to everyone and left in Future Bulma's Time Machine to go back to his very own Timeline, reuniting with his remaining loved ones and sharing his experiences with them. All of the creations of Future Android 20 would have been killed by Future Son Gohan and a trip to New Namek by the Future Z Fighters with the help of a reconstructed Dragon Radar and a remodeled Attack Ball from the very same one Future Son Goku would have arrived in would have been made, Future Porunga would have been called forth to grant three wishes by the Future Z Fighters upon the Namekians receiving them with open arms after not seeing two of them for much more than a single decade.

Grand Elder Moori would have been the one to summon the Eternal Dragon and speak for the Future Z Fighters upon the successor of Grand Elder Guru and the rest of the Namekians having heard of everything that had transpired ever since Future Son Goku had put an end to the Planet Trade Organization once and for all, all of the damage done by the Heart Virus and the Future Androids would have been undone and peace would have returned to the Future Timeline for close to a decade before the Future Z Fighters would have dealt with a small part of the Dark Demon Realm.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:22 pm

I think had Mirai Gohan come back from the future it would have been a toss up between him and kid Gohan going with Goku or Piccolo. I could see either scenario being interesting.

In this Scenario:

Goku with Adult Gohan
Piccolo with Kid Gohan
Vegeta alone.

I could see it playing out similar to how the story already went but swap kid and adult Gohan in the final battle. Adult SSJ one arm Gohan defeats cell, which actually motivates Kid Gohan to continue fighting seeing what he could become.

Vegeta still goes alone, first, and basically the same thing happens with him dominating semi perfect cell but allowing Perfect Cell to happen.

Kid Gohan still becomes Super Saiyan but isn't SSJ2 level.

Vegeta still helps in the end and we find out from Mirai Gohan that Vegeta was the last Z warrior to defend the Earth and died defending Bulma, Trunks and himself as a kid. There's a flashback where we see Vegeta as a good man in the future trying his best against the androids and dying valiantly which would be a foreshadowing of Vegeta becoming a good guy.

Then as Gohan goes back to the future he tells his child self to look deeper in Vegeta and that he's really a good man under his tough exterior.

This then changes a bit of the Buu Saga as Gohan wouldn't have given up fighting, in fact him and Vegeta both attain SSJ2 during the 7 year gap.

At this point I'm just diving into fan fiction, lol.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am ... as he trained with them in order to prepare for the arrival of the Red Ribbon Androids.
Are you sure it wasn't the other androids?
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am But even if the grandson of Future Bardock didn't decide to stay in the past
Gohan?
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am The start of the Androids Saga would have seen Yamcha doing better against Doctor Gero, as in not letting himself be defeated by being grabbed, impaled, and then sucked by Android 20 just long enough for him to be able to get one hit in on Doctor Gero.
I don't really see why everyone would get stronger by Future Gohan arriving instead of Trunks. I mean, Trunks wasn't even there during the training period since he was needed at home. So unless Future Gohan was to just stay around and abandon Bulma in the past, I believe that the power scalings would be the same.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am ...but only for Doctor Gero to have been stopped by Son Goku using the 4X Kaioken on him. With Android 19 being destroyed by Son Goku using his 4X Kaioken again and Android 20 being destroyed ...
As before, I wouldn't think that they would have such a power boost just by Gohan arriving. What would have happened was probably that Gohan arrived late just as Trunks did, and got his ass beat almost as bad.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am I suppose if Son Goku had been notified by his son from the future to have taken his Medicine on time then the Z Fighters would have awakened Android 17 before doing the very same with Android 18 once having disposed of her younger twin brother
Ok, I can't see why Gohan would have any different information as Trunks did, as they didn't have an exact date for when Goku got sick right? And also, did Android 18 have a second brother?
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am One of the Saiyan members of the Z Fighters would have achieved Ascended Super Saiyan in the confrontation with Imperfect Cell
It took a lot of time for them to reach the ascended form so I doubt that they would achieve it just like that, in the heat of the moment.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am In a sort of epilogue, Future Son Gohan would have went in twice, the first time with his very own father, and the second time with his second father Piccolo.
Would Gohan have the same relationship with Piccolo, though? But very poetic, still.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Godo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:43 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am ... as he trained with them in order to prepare for the arrival of the Red Ribbon Androids.
Are you sure it wasn't the other androids?
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am But even if the grandson of Future Bardock didn't decide to stay in the past
Gohan?
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am The start of the Androids Saga would have seen Yamcha doing better against Doctor Gero, as in not letting himself be defeated by being grabbed, impaled, and then sucked by Android 20 just long enough for him to be able to get one hit in on Doctor Gero.
I don't really see why everyone would get stronger by Future Gohan arriving instead of Trunks. I mean, Trunks wasn't even there during the training period since he was needed at home. So unless Future Gohan was to just stay around and abandon Bulma in the past, I believe that the power scalings would be the same.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am ...but only for Doctor Gero to have been stopped by Son Goku using the 4X Kaioken on him. With Android 19 being destroyed by Son Goku using his 4X Kaioken again and Android 20 being destroyed ...
As before, I wouldn't think that they would have such a power boost just by Gohan arriving. What would have happened was probably that Gohan arrived late just as Trunks did, and got his ass beat almost as bad.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am I suppose if Son Goku had been notified by his son from the future to have taken his Medicine on time then the Z Fighters would have awakened Android 17 before doing the very same with Android 18 once having disposed of her younger twin brother
Ok, I can't see why Gohan would have any different information as Trunks did, as they didn't have an exact date for when Goku got sick right? And also, did Android 18 have a second brother?
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am One of the Saiyan members of the Z Fighters would have achieved Ascended Super Saiyan in the confrontation with Imperfect Cell
It took a lot of time for them to reach the ascended form so I doubt that they would achieve it just like that, in the heat of the moment.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am In a sort of epilogue, Future Son Gohan would have went in twice, the first time with his very own father, and the second time with his second father Piccolo.
Would Gohan have the same relationship with Piccolo, though? But very poetic, still.
1) By the Red Ribbon Androids, I meant those Future Son Gohan would have warned the other Z Fighters about. As in Android 17 and Android 18, only for Android 19 and Android 20 to have shown up instead of the cybernetic siblings.

2) Yes, I meant Future Son Gohan.

3) The Z Fighters not only seeing, but also sensing Future Son Gohan being able to defeat Mecha Frieza, King Cold, and the Frieza Force Soldiers so easily, with much more ease than what Future Trunks showed, would have been enough of an incentive for them to have trained harder than in canon. Especially from the Z Fighters witnessing and feeling SSJ Son Goku actually having to try against SSJ Future Son Gohan in their friendly sparring match against each other.

4) Future Son Gohan had fought the Future Cyborgs for many more years than Future Trunks ever did, he would be able to give much more information to the Z Fighters to work with than Future Trunks did in canon. As in giving a more clear answer to how strong Future Android 17 and Future Android 18 are.

5) Sorry for not being clear enough, I meant Future Android 17.

6) While Son Goku would have been the closest to reaching the ASSJ form from having attained SSJ long before anyone else and not to mention having trained it for far longer than anyone else too, someone else might be able to achieve the ASSJ form other than him like his son from the future. Especially if Imperfect Cell would have provoked Future Son Gohan into letting out such an incredible burst of power through rage, Future Son Gohan would have been able to achieve Ascended Super Saiyan and then use it's incredible power to defeat Imperfect Cell.

7) Son Gohan and Future Son Gohan care for the versions of Son Goku and Piccolo that they had grown up with respectively. But Future Son Gohan would have wanted to spend some time with the two of them from the Present Timeline from having lost them in his own Timeline.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:20 am

I have Golu simply going in with Future Gohan after he goes in with mid Gohan.

Goku is not going to train, he's going to max out Gohan and a lot of this can be done with coaching and light sparing. Ic Gohan needs more help he can go in with piccolo and finally with Trunks.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:42 am

I think Goku would’ve taken Gohan. Gohan needed someone to teach him how to become a Super Saiyan and they needed all the Super Saiyans they could get.

Alternatively, I think Piccolo would’ve invited Future Gohan to join him.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II