Why Is Zeno Even King Of Everything?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Why Is Zeno Even King Of Everything?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:02 am

...when he doesn't really care about it? Zeno destroys entire universes if he's angry and will destroy them all with little to no hesitation. There's no one as powerful as Zeno capable of strongarming him into doing his job so what exactly is the little, all-powerful imp's motivation for humoring beings that are insignificant to him?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Why Is Zeno Even King Of Everything?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:52 am

That will probably be revealed when Super returns. Right now it's one of the big mysteries in the story. I personally think that "King of All" is just a made-up term and that Zuno and Zalama are equally important. Together, the three represent the "holy trinity" of universal power, law, and wisdom and they completement each other. As to why Zeno got that position though, I don't know. This entire plot is very mysterious.

Regardless, even if Zeno is very childish and naive, he does show some degree of wisdom. Perhaps he understands it is duty and burden to be King of All and no one else can do it.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:23 pm

That is a very good question. And also why is he so childish and naive?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:06 pm

At this moment, he only seems to be the king of destruction, not of creation.
Zeno has the ability to destroy anything, where as Zalama seems to have the ability to create and restore (and even bring back people from erasure).
Only the Super Dragon Balls, which were created by Zalama, seem to be able to counter-act Zenos power of erasure.
They could make an intresting story about this.
It would be intresting to see how these poles interact, what their background is, if they ever fought battles ... some more background and lore concerning the divine beings would be nice too, and why the deities and angels exist in the first place.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:34 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:06 pm At this moment, he only seems to be the king of destruction, not of creation.
Zeno has the ability to destroy anything, where as Zalama seems to have the ability to create and restore (and even bring back people from erasure).
Only the Super Dragon Balls, which were created by Zalama, seem to be able to counter-act Zenos power of erasure.
It would be intresting to see how these poles interact, what their background is, if they ever fought battles ... some more background and lore concerning the divine beings would be nice too, and why the deities and angels exist in the first place.
Hmm now there is an idea.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 am

Mister_Popo wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:06 pm At this moment, he only seems to be the king of destruction, not of creation.
I don't think we've actually seen enough of Zeno's abilities to judge his status or purpose as being akin to something like Oblivion from Marvel. For Zeno to even have such power as to eliminate universes on a whim, his own power must be so immense that a mere demonstration of his true power swallows universes whole. As a result, most beings simply perceive Zeno to be be some kind of overarching destroyer above all others. However, Zeno might actually be more like Living Tribunal in that he can freely dictate what happens on a universal or multiversal scale and only chooses to act when something concerns or annoys him. In this case, Zeno chooses to just make whatever bothers him "go away".

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:28 pm

He just is. No deep thought was put into the character or his position so we just have to deal with this sociopath.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Yeah........... The whole deity system is flawed. Oh there are a few excellent deities around but the system is flawed.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Because anyone who objects would get erased.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:11 pm

Wouldn't even be surprised if Zeno is filling in for his father and the Grand Priest is a glorified nanny.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:11 pm Wouldn't even be surprised if Zeno is filling in for his father and the Grand Priest is a glorified nanny.
And the attendants?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:45 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:11 pm Wouldn't even be surprised if Zeno is filling in for his father and the Grand Priest is a glorified nanny.
And the attendants?
The Nanny's kids. It doesn't matter, point is Zeno is likely filling in for the one true king of everything

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:47 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:45 pmThe Nanny's kids. It doesn't matter, point is Zeno is likely filling in for the one true king of everything
...Akira Toriyama?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:51 pm

theherodjl wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:47 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:45 pmThe Nanny's kids. It doesn't matter, point is Zeno is likely filling in for the one true king of everything
...Akira Toriyama?
lol, sure why not. :D

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 pm

It seems likely that the attendants are also nannies. :D

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:51 pmlol, sure why not. :D
:lol: Its technically not wrong. The guides do confirm that Toriyama is a character who does exist in DB's reality and was supposedly the undisputed king so...who knows?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:41 am

It's a very Toriyama thing to do. Like how he made Majin Buu a literal baby with no remorse at first. I hate the fact that Zeno is the almighty ruler, it's literally the most stupid thing that's ever happened in all of the DB franchise.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:52 am That will probably be revealed when Super returns. Right now it's one of the big mysteries in the story. I personally think that "King of All" is just a made-up term and that Zuno and Zalama are equally important. Together, the three represent the "holy trinity" of universal power, law, and wisdom and they completement each other. As to why Zeno got that position though, I don't know. This entire plot is very mysterious.

Regardless, even if Zeno is very childish and naive, he does show some degree of wisdom. Perhaps he understands it is duty and burden to be King of All and no one else can do it.
Super is literally still ongoing. Unless you mean the anime, I don't see a good reason why it can't be revealed in the manga where there is more supervision from Toriyama and where we have a mangaka who actually likes to go more into exposition.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:43 am

Rakurai wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:41 am It's a very Toriyama thing to do. Like how he made Majin Buu a literal baby with no remorse at first. I hate the fact that Zeno is the almighty ruler, it's literally the most stupid thing that's ever happened in all of the DB franchise.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:52 am That will probably be revealed when Super returns. Right now it's one of the big mysteries in the story. I personally think that "King of All" is just a made-up term and that Zuno and Zalama are equally important. Together, the three represent the "holy trinity" of universal power, law, and wisdom and they completement each other. As to why Zeno got that position though, I don't know. This entire plot is very mysterious.

Super is literally still ongoing. Unless you mean the anime, I don't see a good reason why it can't be revealed in the manga where there is more supervision from Toriyama and where we have a mangaka who actually likes to go more into exposition.
Because I don't care about the manga, simple.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:37 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:43 am
Ahh, good to know it was never rooted on any serious or valid grounds then.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:39 am

Rakurai wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:37 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:43 am
Ahh, good to know it was never rooted on any serious or valid grounds then.
There's nothing wrong with only caring about the anime. I'm allowed to like whatever I want.