Chi Chi's Behavior Towards Baby Pan

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Chi Chi's Behavior Towards Baby Pan

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:07 pm

I can't help but wonder if Chi Chi is being a bit controlling over Pan.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Chi Chi's Behavior Towards Baby Pan

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:15 pm

A bit? She literally tried to dictate how Pan was raised even though it's not even her child.

Dunno if she ever came to her sense but if the way she acts towards Goten in Super (anime) is anything to go by, no.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:00 pm

As a woman, I don't appreciate how Chi-Chi acted. Videl's calm, measured response was really nice. I appreciated seeing a woman and mother treated as being so strong.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Yeah, while I approve of her love for her family. She does seem to be rather controlling. Even when it was her own sons. I approve of her concern for Gohan and Goten's education but she takes WAY overboard.

And yes Videl is a very calm and measured woman. She is strong willed, but she is more relaxed and accepting.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.