is Dr. Slump returns for a little bit canonical?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

is Dr. Slump returns for a little bit canonical?

Post by Shintoki » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:32 pm

This work caught my attention as I've just finished reading dr slump recently and stumbled upon this by accident when searching for other dr slump related works. What intrigued me the most is the meeting between GT and dr slump in it. is there any statement regarding its canonicity?

Last edited by Shintoki on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: is dr slump returns but only for a little while canonical?

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm not aware of any statement regarding the canonicity of Dr. Slumps Returns For a Little Bit.

For what it's worth, the series is written by Takao Koyama and illustrated by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru. Toriyama receives a “Supervisor” (or “Editorial Supervisor”; 監修 or kanshū) credit. As a point of comparison, this perfectly mirrors his credit on Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock, which was written and illustrated by Naho Ooishi.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Re: is dr slump returns but only for a little while canonical?

Post by Shintoki » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:46 am

VegettoEX wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:55 pm I'm not aware of any statement regarding the canonicity of Dr. Slumps Returns For a Little Bit.

For what it's worth, the series is written by Takao Koyama and illustrated by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru. Toriyama receives a “Supervisor” (or “Editorial Supervisor”; 監修 or kanshū) credit. As a point of comparison, this perfectly mirrors his credit on Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock, which was written and illustrated by Naho Ooishi.
Great thanks. clarifying the statue of this work will prove important in the future when this will become globally accessible to the fans (this is obscure JP only stuff, no?) so appreaciate the feedback. unfortunately, unlike episode of bardock which is clarified as a what if. we have yet to confirm what's the nature of this work!
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?