What happened to the New Planet Vegeta(GT)?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJGAffleck
Not-So-Newbie

What happened to the New Planet Vegeta(GT)?

Post by SSJGAffleck » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:56 am

Before the Earth blows up, everyone travels to that planet, and the Earth is wished back by the Namekian dragonballs, but what happened to the planet Babi wished for? Did they wish it away, or is it just a new planet in their solar system? If so, do you think people live there instead of Earth?
"Your father was an average fighter, but a bRiLlIaNt sCiEnTIsT!"- Brian Drummond's pitch-perfect voice

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What happened to the New Planet Vegeta(GT)?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:52 pm

It's been a long time since I saw GT, but I thought Baby blew it up.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:02 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:52 pm It's been a long time since I saw GT, but I thought Baby blew it up.
No they go there after Earth blows up, then they go to Namek and bring Earth back.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:51 pm

It is one of those things that just never gets explained. Next episode Trunks gets beat up by #17, and the next arc starts, with no mention of the new planet ever being brought up again for the rest of the series, if I recall correctly. I did re-watch GT a few years back before Super came along. The other thing that I questioned was Baby used the Black Star Balls again to make the wish to restore that planet, so wouldn't they have scattered across the Galaxy again and started the whole problem of earth being destroyed an issue once more?

Edit: Or was it the fact that Piccolo died that negated that concern because the Black Star Dragonballs were tied to him (Piccolo Daimao + Kami) from way back? I just remembered that detail right after the made the post.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:58 am

Akira wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:51 pm It is one of those things that just never gets explained. Next episode Trunks gets beat up by #17, and the next arc starts, with no mention of the new planet ever being brought up again for the rest of the series, if I recall correctly. I did re-watch GT a few years back before Super came along. The other thing that I questioned was Baby used the Black Star Balls again to make the wish to restore that planet, so wouldn't they have scattered across the Galaxy again and started the whole problem of earth being destroyed an issue once more?

Edit: Or was it the fact that Piccolo died that negated that concern because the Black Star Dragonballs were tied to him (Piccolo Daimao + Kami) from way back? I just remembered that detail right after the made the post.
The Earth got destroyed and revived so the countdown was over. Piccolo choose to die so the balls would never be used again which was a cop out.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Akira wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:51 pm It is one of those things that just never gets explained. Next episode Trunks gets beat up by #17, and the next arc starts, with no mention of the new planet ever being brought up again for the rest of the series, if I recall correctly. I did re-watch GT a few years back before Super came along. The other thing that I questioned was Baby used the Black Star Balls again to make the wish to restore that planet, so wouldn't they have scattered across the Galaxy again and started the whole problem of earth being destroyed an issue once more?

Then I guess maybe the dragon did a bad job and put it in an unstable orbit, and afterwards it just drifted out of the solar system...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:00 pm

SSJGAffleck wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:56 am Before the Earth blows up, everyone travels to that planet, and the Earth is wished back by the Namekian dragonballs, but what happened to the planet Babi wished for? Did they wish it away, or is it just a new planet in their solar system? If so, do you think people live there instead of Earth?
I prefer to think it is simply offscreen still in orbit of Earth, the Bruitz Waves the planet emits being a facilitating reason Goku can transform to Super Saiyan 4 at will, with the reason he can't do this in Hell (would've worked out for teleporting back to Earth) being there's no full planet there to give him that support.
14 years later