Super Saiyan 4 Evolution

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Super Saiyan 4 Evolution

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:09 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:51 pm That thing wouldnt male sense at all. Ssj4 Is described as a form that brings out every last bit of hidden potential from the Saiyan that uses the form, do a further Evolution Is completely impossible by the official standards
Good point. Its a pity that so many people undervalue the form.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:50 am

p-hyvo wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:51 pm That thing wouldnt male sense at all. Ssj4 Is described as a form that brings out every last bit of hidden potential from the Saiyan that uses the form, do a further Evolution Is completely impossible by the official standards
SSJ3 was also described as taking a Saiyan to it's limits...yet SSJ4 strolled in and then we also saw an improved version of that in the form of Full Power SSJ4. There's never an absolutely-definitely-indisputably-final form as long as fighters can continue to improve. I imagine that God Ki-Full Power SSJ4 Limits Surpassed Evolution Grade 4 is a possibility so as long as Goku & Vegeta continue to meet opponents who continue to push them.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:41 am

theherodjl wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:50 am
SSJ3 was also described as taking a Saiyan to it's limits...yet SSJ4 strolled in and then we also saw an improved version of that in the form of Full Power SSJ4. There's never an absolutely-definitely-indisputably-final form as long as fighters can continue to improve. I imagine that God Ki-Full Power SSJ4 Limits Surpassed Evolution Grade 4 is a possibility so as long as Goku & Vegeta continue to meet opponents who continue to push them.
Lets say that ssj3 Is the Canon/Natural limit to the ssj Power, because ssj4 Is more difficult ti obtain and isnt a natural Evolution of ssj3. Just by training, if you are ssj3 youll never tap into ssj4 by yourself

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:23 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:41 amLets say that ssj3 Is the Canon/Natural limit to the ssj Power, because ssj4 Is more difficult ti obtain and isnt a natural Evolution of ssj3. Just by training, if you are ssj3 youll never tap into ssj4 by yourself
Right. What I'm saying is that SSJ forms don't have a definitive limit because there's always something else to achieve and/or improve upon. A Saiyan with SSJ/SSJ2/SSJ3 can never become a SSJ4 without a tail but they can become SSJG/SSJB with enough training as Vegeta demonstrated. Then there's also Trunks having developed a more potent version of SSJ2(manga) as well as a pseudo-SSJB form(anime).

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:31 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:23 pm
p-hyvo wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:41 amLets say that ssj3 Is the Canon/Natural limit to the ssj Power, because ssj4 Is more difficult ti obtain and isnt a natural Evolution of ssj3. Just by training, if you are ssj3 youll never tap into ssj4 by yourself
Right. What I'm saying is that SSJ forms don't have a definitive limit because there's always something else to achieve and/or improve upon. A Saiyan with SSJ/SSJ2/SSJ3 can never become a SSJ4 without a tail but they can become SSJG/SSJB with enough training as Vegeta demonstrated. Then there's also Trunks having developed a more potent version of SSJ2(manga) as well as a pseudo-SSJB form(anime).
Yeah a tail is necessary to acheive the form naturally. Once you achieve it. Why bother achieving a newer one when you can just train to fully utilize that form since its so powerful.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 am

Super Saiyan 4 has a good sense of finality to it and I think having Super Saiyan 4.5 wouldn't work. Personally I like it as the last form for the heroes(in it's own continuity) Also check out the post I made about it, I'm curious what you guys might think

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 am

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 am Super Saiyan 4 has a good sense of finality to it and I think having Super Saiyan 4.5 wouldn't work. Personally I like it as the last form for the heroes(in it's own continuity) Also check out the post I made about it, I'm curious what you guys might think
What post if I may be so bold as to ask?

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Tail or not, and I'm not sure how much they retconned it, but at the time it was first shown, I am quite sure that SS4 really was supposed to be evolution of SS3, with Golden Ozaru being basically Super Saiyan Ozaru, and also basis for SS4.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:56 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:48 pm Tail or not, and I'm not sure how much they retconned it, but at the time it was first shown, I am quite sure that SS4 really was supposed to be evolution of SS3, with Golden Ozaru being basically Super Saiyan Ozaru, and also basis for SS4.
Hmm interesting hypothesis.