Super Saiyan 4 Evolution

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Super Saiyan 4 Evolution

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:02 pm

I wish they would create a new evolved form for Super Saiyan 4. Like Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution. I'd like to believe that SSJ4 is unequaled but I am not so sure that that is true. And thus it should have an advanced level too.
Last edited by Hulk10 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Saiyan 4 Evolution

Post by BWri » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:26 am

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:02 pm I wish they would create a new evolved form for Super Saiyan 4. Like Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution.
I'm still a fan of Super Saiyan Primal, which someone coined over in on the DBS boards. The fact that Saiyans evolve based on different stimuli is fascinating to me. I'd rather they go more into that and have different offshoots of existing forms. Primal could be the next step of the Oozaru form, after Broly's Ikari and could be only something that he gets. He'd be a SSJ4 in design but it would be a whole other evolution in Super.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:39 am

first, I'd like they would explain SS4 Gogeta's colors.

That said,m we need Heroes to introduce SS4 with God Ki and SS4 in Ultra Instinct

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:05 pm

BWri wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:26 am
Hulk10 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:02 pm I wish they would create a new evolved form for Super Saiyan 4. Like Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution.
I'm still a fan of Super Saiyan Primal, which someone coined over in on the DBS boards. The fact that Saiyans evolve based on different stimuli is fascinating to me. I'd rather they go more into that and have different offshoots of existing forms. Primal could be the next step of the Oozaru form, after Broly's Ikari and could be only something that he gets. He'd be a SSJ4 in design but it would be a whole other evolution in Super.
But would it be a Super Saiyan transformation? No I don't think so. For a proper induction it would need to be a Super Saiyan form like Super Saiyan 4. Just checked out design ideas for Super Saiyan Primal and I am not a fan. Super Saiyan 4 does still exist whether or not GT is part of the main storyline. And no its not really at all the same or even very closely similar. The only similarity it has is having the power of a Great Ape in human form. Otherwise its totally different. Super Saiyan 4 has the power of a Great Ape, but also that of a Super Saiyan and doesn't cause the user to go berserk. And the form has a tail. Ergo it has so little in common as to be totally different.
ankokudaishogun wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:39 am first, I'd like they would explain SS4 Gogeta's colors.

That said,m we need Heroes to introduce SS4 with God Ki and SS4 in Ultra Instinct
Good points.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:22 pm

You mean, like this?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:25 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:22 pm
You mean, like this?
Sort of yeah. Vegeta's looks more like a evil power-up but very similar to the idea I had in mind. A pity that that's fan art.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:28 pm

This is from Dragon Ball New Age, I'm pretty sure there's a topic about it in Fan Works.

Vegeta in the picture was possessed (again).

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:30 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:28 pm This is from Dragon Ball New Age, I'm pretty sure there's a topic about it in Fan Works.

Vegeta in the picture was possessed (again).
I noticed. I found the work on deviantart. Good content that user has. But I wish that Toei, Toriyama and Toyotaro would adopt the form and give it an evolved one.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:04 pm

SS4 is fine the way it is. If a hypothetical SS4 Evolved would be anything like SSBE or what I like to call Bluer, there would barely be a difference.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:04 pm SS4 is fine the way it is. If a hypothetical SS4 Evolved would be anything like SSBE or what I like to call Bluer, there would barely be a difference.
What do you mean? Do you mean powerwise? Do you feel that SS4 is weaker than SSB?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:53 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:39 am first, I'd like they would explain SS4 Gogeta's colors.

Explaining SS4 Gogeta's colors is like them trying to explain why SSGSS is blue or Goku Black's hair is pink, there is nothing logical about it and it's only due to aesthetics. Personally I would prefer if they never explained it since it's such a trivial detail. An explanation would only make things more convoluted.

Before they get to SSGSS4, they will need to do 2-3. Going straight to 4 would be overkill.

Also UI SS4 doesn't need a drastic aesthetic change either. It can just be SS4 with auto-dodge, since UI doesn't require that there be a transformation.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:02 am

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:07 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:04 pm SS4 is fine the way it is. If a hypothetical SS4 Evolved would be anything like SSBE or what I like to call Bluer, there would barely be a difference.
What do you mean? Do you mean powerwise? Do you feel that SS4 is weaker than SSB?
No. I mean design wise.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:49 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:02 am
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:07 pm
No. I mean design wise.
Ah I see. And yeah your probably right. Though I do like the design.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:13 pm

Rakurai wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:53 pm

Explaining SS4 Gogeta's colors is like them trying to explain why SSGSS is blue or Goku Black's hair is pink, there is nothing logical about it and it's only due to aesthetics.
Rosé HAS been explained. It's God Soul's God Ki+Super Saiyan.
(Or just Zamasu's preference.)

Blue doesn't need explanation more than regular SS.

But Gogeta sports completely different colors compared to ALL the other SS4s, Vegetto:Xeno included!
It really needs an explanation, even just "Gogeta did feel like to be that color"(because, seriously, he's that strong it's a good enough explanation)

[headcanon always been him overflowing with Positive Energy]
Before they get to SSGSS4, they will need to do 2-3. Going straight to 4 would be overkill.
Not really: SS4 isn't in the same transformation tree as SS2 and 3.
And SS2-3 are "just" forcing a greater output from the SS transformation, which nowaday is a obsolete system to get more power.

SS4 otherwise is a completely different thing.
it's basically the "Ultimate Mortal Saiyan Form", putting together Ozaru, Super Saiyan and Control.
Stacking God Ki on it... yeah, it would likely be game-breaking lol.
Also UI SS4 doesn't need a drastic aesthetic change either. It can just be SS4 with auto-dodge, since UI doesn't require that there be a transformation.
Eh, it kinda does.
At the very least, it CAUSES a transformation, most likely because the transformation-prone Saiyan genes.
Stacking it over SS4 might well cause a very limited transformation, like just a change of shading though.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:38 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:13 pm

Explaining SS4 Gogeta's colors is like them trying to explain why SSGSS is blue or Goku Black's hair is pink, there is nothing logical about it and it's only due to aesthetics.

But Gogeta sports completely different colors compared to ALL the other SS4s, Vegetto:Xeno included!
It really needs an explanation, even just "Gogeta did feel like to be that color"(because, seriously, he's that strong it's a good enough explanation)

And SS2-3 are "just" forcing a greater output from the SS transformation, which nowaday is a obsolete system to get more power.

it's basically the "Ultimate Mortal Saiyan Form", putting together Ozaru, Super Saiyan and Control.
Eh, it kinda does.
At the very least, it CAUSES a transformation, most likely because the transformation-prone Saiyan genes.
Stacking it over SS4 might well cause a very limited transformation, like just a change of shading though.
UI SS4 would likely have silver hair and fur.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:41 pm

Eh, it kinda does.
The pink and blue colors make zero sense even given their explanations, given their precedent colors. That's what I meant when I said trying to explain Gogeta's red hair color would be meaningless and convoluted in-universe.

Funnily enough, this was actually explained in the latest interview with Nakatsuru in GT Comics Vol. 3. The red hair color was just another way of expressing how powerful Gogeta is aside from black while trying to match it with Vegeta's brown hair.

The true Ultra Instinct has never been touted as a transformation, so there doesn't necessarily need to be one. Maybe the eyes will change, but they could keep the same design if they wanted and nothing would be contradicted.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:41 pm

Eh, it kinda does.
The pink and blue colors make zero sense even given their explanations, given their precedent colors. That's what I meant when I said trying to explain Gogeta's red hair color would be meaningless and convoluted in-universe.

Funnily enough, this was actually explained in the latest interview with Nakatsuru in GT Comics Vol. 3. The red hair color was just another way of expressing how powerful Gogeta is aside from black while trying to match it with Vegeta's brown hair.

The true Ultra Instinct has never been touted as a transformation, so there doesn't necessarily need to be one. Maybe the eyes will change, but they could keep the same design if they wanted and nothing would be contradicted.
Good points.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:22 am

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:05 pm
But would it be a Super Saiyan transformation? No I don't think so. For a proper induction it would need to be a Super Saiyan form like Super Saiyan 4. Just checked out design ideas for Super Saiyan Primal and I am not a fan. Super Saiyan 4 does still exist whether or not GT is part of the main storyline. And no its not really at all the same or even very closely similar. The only similarity it has is having the power of a Great Ape in human form. Otherwise its totally different. Super Saiyan 4 has the power of a Great Ape, but also that of a Super Saiyan and doesn't cause the user to go berserk. And the form has a tail. Ergo it has so little in common as to be totally different.
Someone added stipulations to the form? I didn't know that. No. I'm not talking about any of that. I'm talking about the idea of a form that takes Super Saiyan 4 and fits it into the Dragon Ball Super continuity. I don't see Super Saiyan 4 as the next step of the Super Saiyan evolution, so I wouldn't call it Super Saiyan 4. I see it as an offshoot evolution, a branch of the Oozaru form. So I like the idea of it being a form that accesses the more primal aspects of a Saiyan to make them more bestial. I like the idea of all the SS forms having offshot variants.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:36 am

BWri wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:22 am
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:05 pm
Someone added stipulations to the form? I didn't know that. No. I'm not talking about any of that. I'm talking about the idea of a form that takes Super Saiyan 4 and fits it into the Dragon Ball Super continuity. I don't see Super Saiyan 4 as the next step of the Super Saiyan evolution, so I wouldn't call it Super Saiyan 4. I see it as an offshoot evolution, a branch of the Oozaru form. So I like the idea of it being a form that accesses the more primal aspects of a Saiyan to make them more bestial. I like the idea of all the SS forms having offshot variants.
Those stipulations were more my own. And if Super Saiyan 4 is added I want it to be a Super Saiyan form not necessarily the next main Super Saiyan line evolution. Wrathful form isn't a Super Saiyan as far as I know. I don't care if its called something else so long as its otherwise the same.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:51 pm

That thing wouldnt male sense at all. Ssj4 Is described as a form that brings out every last bit of hidden potential from the Saiyan that uses the form, do a further Evolution Is completely impossible by the official standards