Trunks fusing with himself from the other timeline.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Trunks fusing with himself from the other timeline.

Post by Yasai9001 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:12 pm

Since his timeline was destroyed and he had been sent right back to a different one, if given the option to fuse with his exact counterpart either via dance or earrings, would it be a logical conclusion saying that their end result would be permanent?

I ask this because the two are literally the same person with the same soul and essence. Their only difference would ultimately be their power-level and experience regarding Zamasu, but other than that, their soul is pretty much the same so if the two were to fuse together and combine their strengths, they'd be stuck together. At least, it seems logical to me, personally.

Any thoughts?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Trunks fusing with himself from the other timeline.

Post by Lionel » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:26 pm

It seems like a preferable outcome to Trunks simply roaming about with a clone of himself and Mai living in the same space as themselves. They might actually be at peace this way as the frequent reminder of clones existing would probably not be pleasant. How would they go about doing this, though? Potara is the only permanent option available and that attribute is only possible when a Kaioshin is involved.

Unless Shin could somehow enchant them to work similar as for Kaioshin or they travelled to New Namek in order to wish for the merger to be permanent, I don't see how this would be possible.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:27 pm

In both the anime and the manga their fusion would have a time limit. In the anime it'd have a time limit because they are not Gods, in the manga it would have a time limit because neither of them are immortal.

If one of the two Trunks somehow had immortality, then the immortality of one of the fusées wouldn't allow the fusion to end. That's what happened with Fused Zamasu in the manga. However they'd be fucked up. Like, really fucked up. Look what happened to Fused Zamasu because the immortality of one of the fusées kept them merged at a cellular level after the fusion time was up:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:31 pm

If Trunks fused with Trunks, would his name be Trunks or Trunks?

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:25 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:27 pm In both the anime and the manga their fusion would have a time limit. In the anime it'd have a time limit because they are not Gods, in the manga it would have a time limit because neither of them are immortal.

If one of the two Trunks somehow had immortality, then the immortality of one of the fusées wouldn't allow the fusion to end. That's what happened with Fused Zamasu in the manga. However they'd be fucked up. Like, really fucked up. Look what happened to Fused Zamasu because the immortality of one of the fusées kept them merged at a cellular level after the fusion time was up:

That's the reason why this thought came to me - Trunks fusing with himself - an exact replica, would result in them sticking together because of their molecular make-up. I never thought the immortality was partly the reason why Zamasu stuck with Goku Black.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Yasai9001 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:25 pmThat's the reason why this thought came to me - Trunks fusing with himself - an exact replica, would result in them sticking together because of their molecular make-up. I never thought the immortality was partly the reason why Zamasu stuck with Goku Black.
Zamasu and Black stuck together at a cellular level because they were the same person, yes, but the main reason why they defused was because of Zamasu's immortality. After all Fused Zamasu was immortal, when a fusion ends the fused being technically ceases to exist, so it makes sense that the time limit and Fused Zamasu's immortality clashed with each other.

If two Trunks fused and neither of them were immortal, I think they'd just defuse. Merging at a cellular level doesn't seem to be enough to avoid the time limit.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:53 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:39 pm
Yasai9001 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:25 pmThat's the reason why this thought came to me - Trunks fusing with himself - an exact replica, would result in them sticking together because of their molecular make-up. I never thought the immortality was partly the reason why Zamasu stuck with Goku Black.
Zamasu and Black stuck together at a cellular level because they were the same person, yes, but the main reason why they defused was because of Zamasu's immortality. After all Fused Zamasu was immortal, when a fusion ends the fused being technically ceases to exist, so it makes sense that the time limit and Fused Zamasu's immortality clashed with each other.

If two Trunks fused and neither of them were immortal, I think they'd just defuse. Merging at a cellular level doesn't seem to be enough to avoid the time limit.
Huh?

They defused because they weren't Kaioshins and the 1 hour time limit ended.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:11 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:53 pm

Huh?

They defused because they weren't Kaioshins and the 1 hour time limit ended.
Oops typo, I meant the reason why they didn't defuse.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:51 am

Adult Trunks wouldn't give up his life with Mai to fuse with his kid self.

But maybe the permanence depends on the manner of fusion.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Just because they are the same person doesn't mean they're not two different people. Same DNA, different life experiences. Like identical twins separated at birth.

Twins would still separate, so Trunks and Trunks would still separate also.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:00 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:31 pm If Trunks fused with Trunks, would his name be Trunks or Trunks?
I happen to know, for a fact, that the name would be Trunks.

I believe that the Trunkses would defuse, since they essentially are not 100% the same person, even if they are "identical".

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:28 pm

There is actually no difference in Trunks case in relation to Zamasu. Zamasu and Zamasu (Goku Black) belong to different timelines, same as Trunks and Trunks (the one who went to live in another timeline). Their Potara fusion would end seeing as Trunkses are not Kaioshin.

The name would be Merged Trunks, also same as Merged Zamasu and his voice would echo.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:50 pm

I agree with this.
It seems weird that that gooey effect happened because of just merging at cellular level (which is illogical since Black is inhabiting Goku's body).
I believe that the gooefy effect happened because of immortality + the fusion being composed of 2 Zamasus. The immortality prevented the end of the body, the souls being one prevented the "un-merging".

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:45 pm

wolflonnie wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:50 pm

I agree with this.
It seems weird that that gooey effect happened because of just merging at cellular level (which is illogical since Black is inhabiting Goku's body).
I believe that the gooefy effect happened because of immortality + the fusion being composed of 2 Zamasus. The immortality prevented the end of the body, the souls being one prevented the "un-merging".
The two being merged at a cellular level is instead what allowed Fused Zamasu to evolve into Infinite Zamasu, if I am not mistaken. So Goku Black and Future Zamasu could both transform into Fused Zamasu, and Fused Zamasu himself could create a vast army of sentient clones with his same exact power.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:22 am

Future Trunks' only role nowadays is rely on Goku, and Vegeta.