Would Goten/Trunks/Gotenks Have Been U7 Team Members If They Had God Ki?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would Goten/Trunks/Gotenks Have Been U7 Team Members If They Had God Ki?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:00 am

Supposing Goten & Trunks obtained SSJG and/or SSJB right after the debacle with Zamasu came to a close, would Goku & Vegeta have allowed their sons to participate in the ToP with their vastly superior strength?
They'd obviously still be childish and probably not have any new, significant techniques but wouldn't Trunks & Goten's powers(most especially their Godly fusion) still be a greater asset over the likes of whatever Krillin/Roshi/Tenshinhan had to offer?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Would Goten/Trunks/Gotenks Have Been U7 Team Members If They Had God Ki?

Post by Xeogran » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:45 am

Many other teams had childish people in them, even U11 had one. It's weird how Goten and Trunks weren't allowed to participate just because of that, and frankly, felt forced to keep them away from the spotlight yet again.

So probably even if they had SSG they would still be kept out, judging by that "rule" U7 made up.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:30 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:00 am Supposing Goten & Trunks obtained SSJG and/or SSJB right after the debacle with Zamasu came to a close, would Goku & Vegeta have allowed their sons to participate in the ToP with their vastly superior strength?
They'd obviously still be childish and probably not have any new, significant techniques but wouldn't Trunks & Goten's powers(most especially their Godly fusion) still be a greater asset over the likes of whatever Krillin/Roshi/Tenshinhan had to offer?
No because toriyama has no interest in using them regardless of how stupid it is for the bald trio to be used but not the kids who were asked to handle majin buu

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:25 pm

I can see Vegeta, Bulma, and Chichi still finding a way to prevent them from participating. Strength wise, they would prove to be invaluable assets. Sad to say but since no one appears to be invested in long term one of the best resources you can have is good genetics in the form of Saiyan heritage. When you combine that with god ki, you get an extraordinary result.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:06 pm

Lionel wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:25 pm I can see Vegeta, Bulma, and Chichi still finding a way to prevent them from participating.
Why though? Killing isn't allowed, and if U7 loses they would be erased anyway.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:54 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:06 pm
Lionel wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:25 pm I can see Vegeta, Bulma, and Chichi still finding a way to prevent them from participating.
An unwillingness to expose their children to that kind of dire struggle while focusing on their studies instead? I don't know. Both them aren't very much inclined towards giving up their children for the war machine that is the Z-fighters. They would prefer others take the risk.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:15 am

Lionel wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:54 pm
An unwillingness to expose their children to that kind of dire struggle while focusing on their studies instead? I don't know. Both them aren't very much inclined towards giving up their children for the war machine that is the Z-fighters. They would prefer others take the risk.
Bulma and ChiChi allowed them to fight majin buu

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:29 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:15 am
Lionel wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:54 pm

Bulma and ChiChi allowed them to fight majin buu
I think they were considered the only option left available at that time. Goku was making this admission that he couldn't defeat Buu but that through fusion, it would be easily doable (forget the cyborgs' altered genetics or anyone else going into the ROSAT). In the Tournament of Power, there are others willing and able to take up the fight. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me if the two of them didn't harbour some curiosity as to what their fused child would be like as they had never seen it before.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:51 pm

It’s one thing for your super powered kids to fight against a candy obsessed demon. And the other is participating in a tournament, that jeopardizes the lives of thousands of trillions of people. Most have done nothing to you.

Imagine the horrors the kids would face. When they defeat a team and doomed a whole universe? You would never want your kids to face that hardship. Especially against people who are for the most part decent people.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:41 pm

They were turned away for inexperience and saving them the horror.

So how powerful they were wouldn't make a difference.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:03 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:51 pm It’s one thing for your super powered kids to fight against a candy obsessed demon. And the other is participating in a tournament, that jeopardizes the lives of thousands of trillions of people. Most have done nothing to you.

Imagine the horrors the kids would face. When they defeat a team and doomed a whole universe? You would never want your kids to face that hardship. Especially against people who are for the most part decent people.
Yet Goku had no qualms over handing all the responsibility of defeating Cell to Gohan, without any warning, knowing that Earth would be destroyed, and with it millions (?) of innocent people.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:31 am

Godo wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:03 pm
Berserker1921 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:51 pm It’s one thing for your super powered kids to fight against a candy obsessed demon. And the other is participating in a tournament, that jeopardizes the lives of thousands of trillions of people. Most have done nothing to you.

Yet Goku had no qualms over handing all the responsibility of defeating Cell to Gohan, without any warning, knowing that Earth would be destroyed, and with it millions (?) of innocent people.
Gohan and the kids are different.

1. There was no one strong enough to defeat Cell. Goku only wanted Gohan to beat Cell, because he was stronger than Cell. Goku knew he wouldn’t be able to match Cell’s power in this amount of time.

2. Also, Goku does not know Gohan. He thought Gohan was like him. Love for battle and seeking out strong opponents. But, Gohan wasn’t like him. He was kind and gentle. He only fought because he had no choice. When Gohan gained Ssj2, he was cocky as hell and nearly got the world destroyed, because he wanted to make Cell suffer.

Now in Super, Goku and Vegeta can almost handle anything that come against. Even if the boys, got god ki, they would screw around and slack off. Eventually, they’re power would decrease, making almost useless again. Like what happened with Gohan.

I personally think that Goku and Vegeta realized after what happened during the Cell games. They don’t want they’re kids to suffer and deal with hardships that Gohan and F. trunks dealt with. Also, I am sure Vegeta, realized the error of his ways, after regretting what he did during his youth. He destroyed planets and killed people for his own amusement. Even in the Super Manga now, this is proven. He feels bad for what did. He has regret. He doesn’t want that life for trunks or bulla. I am sure he wants them to train, but wouldn’t force them to do it.

I am sure they admire goku and Vegeta admire they’re children’s power and potential. But, there comes a time, you want what’s best for your kids. You want them to have better lives than you did. Trunks is in a loving environment, where he can be a kid. While, Goten is under chichi’s supervision, he seems happy. And in the future, he doesn’t even care about training. He just wants to go dates. So at the end of the day, the saiyan fathers did the right thing.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:43 pm

it was never going to happen ...
beerus would never allow some children to obtain those powers divine would be humiliating for the cat
beerus allowed whis to train goku and vegeta because he saw potential in they and the saiyan of prophecy could be goku or vegeta
Gohan and his anti social personality lacking love for battles would not have had chemistry with the cat and would not have given him the opportunity

he angels and gods do not train mortals because that would be risky for their position and they are not interested
in the only exception to the rule besides the U7 is in the U11 with toppo

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:48 am

They would have been if they first trained with poachers.