What Would It Take For Krillin, Tien, Piccolo, and Yamcha to Catch up to Goku and Vegeta in a Satisfying Way?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What Would It Take For Krillin, Tien, Piccolo, and Yamcha to Catch up to Goku and Vegeta in a Satisfying Way?

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:33 pm

I see people on Instagram doing a lot of theories about Zalama, and as dumb as they might be I think I'd be interesting to see him show up and train Piccolo. The guy has been hyped to be some sort of Namekian God, probably on pair with Zeno when it comes to his magic given the power of the Super Dragon Balls.

The humans don't need to and really shouldn't catch up. Kuririn's charm is being the guy who's always right behind Goku no matter how outmatched he is. Tenshinhan and Yamcha are irrelevant, specially Yamcha who doesn't even fight anymore. Tenshinhan might be a serious martial artist like Piccolo and Vegeta, but since relevance means power in this series he can never surpass even Kuririn unless he's promoted to the role of a somewhat important character.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: What Would It Take For Krillin, Tien, Piccolo, and Yamcha to Catch up to Goku and Vegeta in a Satisfying Way?

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:14 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:33 pm I see people on Instagram doing a lot of theories about Zalama, and as dumb as they might be I think I'd be interesting to see him show up and train Piccolo. The guy has been hyped to be some sort of Namekian God, probably on pair with Zeno when it comes to his magic given the power of the Super Dragon Balls.

The humans don't need to and really shouldn't catch up. Kuririn's charm is being the guy who's always right behind Goku no matter how outmatched he is. Tenshinhan and Yamcha are irrelevant, specially Yamcha who doesn't even fight anymore. Tenshinhan might be a serious martial artist like Piccolo and Vegeta, but since relevance means power in this series he can never surpass even Kuririn unless he's promoted to the role of a somewhat important character.
I largely agree with your post but I'll comment on the part I high lighted by asking "Has Zalama, really been hyped that much?" I think he was only mentioned in passing by Whis once or twice and a tidbit guide somewhere might've mentioned him offhandedly too. Other than those though his importance or lack there of hasn't been stated by anybody in universe or behind the scenes, I think most of his hype comes from fans who really wanna see him for some reason, and link him to Piccolo since Namekians are the ones who know how to make Dragon Balls.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

ImperialWrath

Post by ImperialWrath » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:56 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:33 pm I see people on Instagram doing a lot of theories about Zalama, and as dumb as they might be I think I'd be interesting to see him show up and train Piccolo. The guy has been hyped to be some sort of Namekian God, probably on pair with Zeno when it comes to his magic given the power of the Super Dragon Balls.

While I do agree w/ your idea of finally having Zalama featured in the series, I must say I fervently disagree w/ your assertion that the Humans don't need to & shouldn't catch up. Kuririn's charm stems from him playing the role of Goku's best friend, that's no reason to argue for keeping him mired down in mediocrity. Also, your assertion on Tenshinhan and Yamcha being irrelevant is honestly absurd as well. For one, we saw as recently as the Moro arc that not only do they both still fight (in Ten's case he's featured in multiple arcs in Super) but that they're both strong enough that they can still contribute. And Krillin is only kept ahead of them due to authorial machinations, such as receiving buffs (I.E. No Ego form).

The notion that each of the Z-warriors must play some kind of unique role in the story, in order to be deserving of more power and therefore more relevance, is ridiculous and should be done away with. Characters like Roshi & 17 have thoroughly proven this. And since you said, correctly, that relevance means power, that is the whole point of buffing the humans to greater levels. The idea IS to make them more relevant.

As for more ideas, I've also come up with a list of Kaioken variants, all of which I've made fandom wiki pages for and feature canon-based theories on how they can potentially be achieved, and artwork to show them off as well. They are as follows:
https://ultradragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Expert_Kaioken
https://ultradragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Kaioken
https://ultradragonball.fandom.com/wiki ... te_Kaioken
https://ultradragonball.fandom.com/wiki ... all_Redux)

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:24 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:00 pm A miracle.
:lol: :clap:

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:27 am

SorikaiWolf89 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:24 am
So true . Or just a wish on the Dragonballs but that’s basically the same as a miracle.

ImperialWrath

Post by ImperialWrath » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:55 pm

SorikaiWolf89 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:27 am
SorikaiWolf89 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:24 am
So true . Or just a wish on the Dragonballs but that’s basically the same as a miracle.
Not according to DBS logic it isn't.

ImperialWrath

Post by ImperialWrath » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:06 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:20 pm Well Piccolo has done it so, back to the humans.
Has he though? Cause if we're talking about Super's anime, I'd sorely disagree. And I'd notice, as Piccolo is and has always been my favorite character. If we're talking the movie, with him getting his new potential unleashed form, I'd still say that's a stretch based on everything I've heard about the movie.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:36 pm

ImperialWrath wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:06 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:20 pm Well Piccolo has done it so, back to the humans.
Has he though? Cause if we're talking about Super's anime, I'd sorely disagree. And I'd notice, as Piccolo is and has always been my favorite character. If we're talking the movie, with him getting his new potential unleashed form, I'd still say that's a stretch based on everything I've heard about the movie.
I don't know what you consider a spoiler about the movie but Toriyama did an interview and said Piccolo was on par with Goku again and that's all I'll say.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:52 pm

Most fans don't even believe they surpassed Freeza from the battle on Namek and I would have to agree with them. If it was clarified that Krillin had been intermittently training with #18 and maybe something about Tenshinhan pushing his body on the highest peaks of Earth that are similar to Mount Everest and the ROSAT in terms of harsh temperatures and oxygen supply then perhaps you could make an argument for them.

Unfortunately the humans have it more difficult since unlike Piccolo they've never had much of a precedent or leg up to help them keep up with the Saiyans. Krillin after his potential unlock on Namek comes the closest but at his best all he managed to do was go from being a dozen and a half times weaker than Vegeta roughly to being 1/3rd of the Saiyan's power roughly. The prince soon afterwards expanded that gap into a chasm and Krillin was never able to bridge it.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:35 pm

Toriyama confirmed it, so yeah, Piccolo managed to reach Goku and Vegeta's level.

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:52 pm

Maybe through some kind of equalizing event, a way to exploit the enormous powers the Saiyans wield. That would break the linear development that has been going on since the beginning of DB.

ImperialWrath

Post by ImperialWrath » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:52 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:36 pm
I don't know what you consider a spoiler about the movie but Toriyama did an interview and said Piccolo was on par with Goku again and that's all I'll say.
Has he? I haven't seen or heard any of any sources stating that.

ImperialWrath

Post by ImperialWrath » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:02 pm

Lionel wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:52 pm
Most fans don't even believe they surpassed Freeza from the battle on Namek and I would have to agree with them. If it was clarified that Krillin had been intermittently training with #18 and maybe something about Tenshinhan pushing his body on the highest peaks of Earth that are similar to Mount Everest and the ROSAT in terms of harsh temperatures and oxygen supply then perhaps you could make an argument for them.

Unfortunately the humans have it more difficult since unlike Piccolo they've never had much of a precedent or leg up to help them keep up with the Saiyans. Krillin after his potential unlock on Namek comes the closest but at his best all he managed to do was go from being a dozen and a half times weaker than Vegeta roughly to being 1/3rd of the Saiyan's power roughly. The prince soon afterwards expanded that gap into a chasm and Krillin was never able to bridge it.
This is true, but I would ask what version of Freeza on Namek. Do I believe they've caught up to Freeza's 100% power on Namek? No, I doubt it. But I certainly believe they long since surpassed his 1st & 2nd forms by the time of the Android/Cell arcs. Krillin was shown to be sparring 18 in the Super manga after all. So it is possible that he reached or surpassed Freeza's 100% level on Namek by the time of the ToP.

The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the Humans' strength, it's hard to measure because it's so ambiguous. After all, one could easily argue that they've all reached that level. Comparing them to the Saiyans isn't a fair comparison to make, simply because the Humans' don't even get the same access to training that the Saiyans get. Never mind the ROSAT, they can't even get a cameo shot in the gravity chamber. Like Gohan has.