Would Kakarotto be able to conquer Earth?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Would Kakarotto be able to conquer Earth?

Post by coola » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:31 am

Despite being called easy target by Raditz, it still have at least few fighters with power level well above 100, and Goku had still average power level barely above that of Yamcha, and he was raised and trained by Son Gohan. Even Oozaru couldnt help much, since Roshi could destroy moon, and i imagine Tao or Tenshinhan could too.
Last edited by coola on Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Would Kakarotto be able to conquer Earth?

Post by theherodjl » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:13 am

I think its possible that prior to hitting his head, Goku's Saiyan personality would have given him a combat edge and naturally boosted his strength over his "Earthling boy with a tail" demeanor that we all know. In a Saiyan arc filler episode, Gohan slipped into something of a feral trance after having a nightmare and actually gave Piccolo a hard time when it was previously taking his all just to spar with Piccolo. This may have been a similar case with Goku had he never lost his violent mindset.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:59 am

We saw in DB Minus that Bardock sent him off to Earth not to conquer, but to live. I doubt that Earth could’ve been that sort of target in the first place because of that.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:53 am

I can't see how it would pan out. Sure, Goku is more powerful than 99% of the world's population. But the few outliers such as Roshi, Tenshinhan, Popo, and Kami would likely overwhelm him. In the worst case scenario, Roshi could attempt to use the Mafuba with the aid of the Crane Hermit or Krillin.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:45 pm

I made this thread already. I just can't find it at the moment...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:34 am

Absolutely.

If he got his ass kicked enough (which he would), he would rise in power.

Oozaru would be more powerful than everyone in the series pretty quickly.

As long as he doesn't encounter` Tao, Shen, or Shen's students early on, no one would kill him. I don't think Roshi would kill a kid if Gohan wouldn't.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:38 pm

He probably would.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:38 pm

Depends on how stubborn and prideful he'd be. With the proper patience by the time he was 20 he already could've.
If he were to go on a rampage then he could be stopped by many characters.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Seems like Saiyans were aware of their long childhood, and used it to their advantage to trick enemies and kill them when sent as infiltration babies.

If Kakarot were smart enough, he could have easily murdered entire villages and cities by using that trick. It could also potentially work on people like Kame Senn’in. But for those martial artists Earth had, he would probably sense the danger and plan an attack with the full moon.

All it boils down to is: would Kakarot be smart enough to do all of this? And would Earth’s martial artists let him do as he pleases?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:36 pm

No. I know everyone likes to hate on Earth and overestimate Saiyans but Goku even with the benefit of years of training almost died several times throughout DB. It was only luck that saved him time and time again. Tao Pei Pei alone would have been an insurmountable challenge if training from someone like Korin was off the table. And Tao absolutely would kill a child if asked to do it.

Then there's the possibility of someone releasing Piccolo if the situation grew dire enough.

I know everyone's headcanon is that Earth couldn't fight off a fly but come on.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:28 am

Raditz said he should have been able to easily and Roshi was right there, so I'm going to say yes.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:11 am

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:36 pm No. I know everyone likes to hate on Earth and overestimate Saiyans but Goku even with the benefit of years of training almost died several times throughout DB. It was only luck that saved him time and time again. Tao Pei Pei alone would have been an insurmountable challenge if training from someone like Korin was off the table. And Tao absolutely would kill a child if asked to do it.

Then there's the possibility of someone releasing Piccolo if the situation grew dire enough.

Piccolo would not be released. Pilaf wouldn't need to resort to it because he would get his wish to take over the world.

Tao would not be contracted by the Red Ribbon Army if they were subjugated by Pilaf.

I really doubt Goku, with his Saiyan memories, would just be chilling out in the forest the whole time waiting for Bulma and not growing in power. He would be battle hungry and getting Zenkai Boosts. If he even got to a power level of 50 from Zenkai Boosts, Oozaru would be the most fearsome thing on the entire planet. Without any friends or family to see him transform and revert back, no one would know Oozaru and Goku were the same thing.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Kakarot would be able to conquer Earth easily. Whenever he was sent to Earth three years after his birth, Son Gohan commented on how Goku was unbelievably strong and that if he weren't a martial arts expert, he'd be dangerous. This in itself means that three year old Goku has a power-level much greater than five. Also In that page, Gohan has tears on his clothes and punching or kicking marks on his face, so he obviously struggled with the boy. Gohan also dealt with an Oozaru Goku so Gohan was extremely powerful.

I believe if Goku had the task to eliminate life on Earth, he would grow strong and use his small and seemingly weak stature to trick people and use it to kill others effortlessly. If he's a full grown adult, then he'll be unstoppable by then, especially if he continues using the full moon.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:55 pm

He definitely would be capable of doing so. It's not like he would go into rampage or something. He will just be a feral child till 15-16 years of age, and will either kill everyone he comes across, or run away if outmatched. A far wilder temperament due to not hitting his head will make him grow in strength more quickly. Also, the oozarus are going to happen, falling entire villages in one night. It will soon become a rumour, and then a confirmed demonic plague. Terror will reign supreme.

Post puberty, he will breed with human girls, birthing half-saiyans.

Unless ofcourse, god decides to take some action, or if oozaru encounters a serious roshi willing to kill him.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:16 am

No. The saiyans may have a sink or swim process with 3rd rate Saiyans, but that doesn't mean they would send children to a planet that would reasonably kill them quite easily. There were plenty of people that could easily kill Goku if he didn't have Master Roshi's training, and Earth was technologically advanced enough they could track and kill him. Lastly, there is the mystical element of the world, with lets say Spike the Devilman, just ready to his beam of death for the right price.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:50 pm

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:02 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:36 pm No. I know everyone likes to hate on Earth and overestimate Saiyans but Goku even with the benefit of years of training almost died several times throughout DB. It was only luck that saved him time and time again. Tao Pei Pei alone would have been an insurmountable challenge if training from someone like Korin was off the table. And Tao absolutely would kill a child if asked to do it.

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:16 am No. The saiyans may have a sink or swim process with 3rd rate Saiyans, but that doesn't mean they would send children to a planet that would reasonably kill them quite easily. There were plenty of people that could easily kill Goku if he didn't have Master Roshi's training, and Earth was technologically advanced enough they could track and kill him. Lastly, there is the mystical element of the world, with lets say Spike the Devilman, just ready to his beam of death for the right price.
Yeah there's a huge list of people who could beat him.

He gets no training because no one likes him.

People are out of their minds with this, people saying he'd get beat up and get stronger are insane.

You have to get to near death, if he gets to near death he just gets killed here. No one is giving him beans or healing.

He kills a tonne of regular people before pissing off the wrong people.

Raditz assumed he was a pod baby but we know that wasn't true after all. He was sent there to live.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:09 pm

Desassina wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:50 pm Off course it would:

Kakarot is an early success so far.
I am both furious with and in awe of this joke. Kudos.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

tasuxeda

Post by tasuxeda » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:51 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:02 pm Raditz assumed he was a pod baby but we know that wasn't true after all. He was sent there to live.
To be fair being a infiltration baby and being sent to live do not have to be mutually exclusive, his parent likely still expected Kararotto to conquer the earth even if they did it because they thought he would be safer doing that than staying on Vegeta, I personally doubt that they expected him to live peacefully on earth though I don't think Gine would mind that.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:25 am

tasuxeda wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:51 pm
TobyS wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:02 pm Raditz assumed he was a pod baby but we know that wasn't true after all. He was sent there to live.
To be fair being a infiltration baby and being sent to live do not have to be mutually exclusive, his parent likely still expected Kararotto to conquer the earth even if they did it because they thought he would be safer doing that than staying on Vegeta, I personally doubt that they expected him to live peacefully on earth though I don't think Gine would mind that.
Kinda undermines Bardocks "all I do is kill I kind of want to save someone for once" if he does that deliberatly knowing he'll condemn like 6 billion more people to death or whatever

It makes more sense if Raditz wrongly but justifiably assumes Kakarot infiltration baby, not knowing any better.
AND it finally squares the circle of "how was Goku supposed to beat Roshi/Tao/Kami" without training... answer, he wasn't!
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.