Zamasu and Android 13

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Zamasu and Android 13

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Anyone notice how Goku Black/Zamasu, Future Zamasu, and Fused Zamasu are very similar to Android 13 in that they use the failings of mortals to justify their morally questionable goals?

Android 13 got mad when Future Trunks called him out on his bad behavior and not having any free will. Goku Black/Zamasu, Future Zamasu and Fused Zamasu all got mad when Goku and Vegeta and Future Trunks told them they were committing genocide. There is a definite similarity to them.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Zamasu and Android 13

Post by Lionel » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:29 pm

I haven't watched most of the Dragon Ball films so I couldn't offer much opinion on #13's quotes but if he's a self-avowed soldier for the Red Ribbon Army then he has even less moral high ground than what Zamasu started out with before he defected. We know that group showed no compunctions in executing criminal offences such as hostage taking, forced labour, massacring of innocent people, and terroristic attack. The whole motive behind the RRA was to conquer the world. I doubt an Earth that has the banner of the RRA waving atop the palace in the capital city would be magnanimous or even fair to its citizens.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:43 pm

Lionel wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:29 pm I haven't watched most of the Dragon Ball films so I couldn't offer much opinion on #13's quotes but if he's a self-avowed soldier for the Red Ribbon Army then he has even less moral high ground than what Zamasu started out with before he defected. We know that group showed no compunctions in executing criminal offences such as hostage taking, forced labour, massacring of innocent people, and terroristic attack. The whole motive behind the RRA was to conquer the world. I doubt an Earth that has the banner of the RRA waving atop the palace in the capital city would be magnanimous or even fair to its citizens.
You should watch the Super Android 13 movie. It proves my point. But yeah he is a self-avowed soldier for the Red Ribbon Army. Though he is more focused on killing Goku.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:03 am

Weren't those lines from 13 only in the dub?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:46 am

That's where their similarities end. Android 13 is a psycho who wants to kill Goku and has no higher purpose, Zamasu is a well-intentioned estremist who seeks to usher in multiversal peace and a perfect utopia.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:28 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:46 am That's where their similarities end. Android 13 is a psycho who wants to kill Goku and has no higher purpose, Zamasu is a well-intentioned estremist who seeks to usher in multiversal peace and a perfect utopia.
Indeed. Zamasu was as a well-intentioned individual who let his hatred get the best of him. Thus at Zamasu's core he means well but he has gone down the wrong path. Android 13 was a monster from the start. Thus Zamasu is not really a pure evil being.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:28 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:46 am That's where their similarities end. Android 13 is a psycho who wants to kill Goku and has no higher purpose, Zamasu is a well-intentioned estremist who seeks to usher in multiversal peace and a perfect utopia.
Indeed. Zamasu was as a well-intentioned individual who let his hatred get the best of him. Thus at Zamasu's core he means well but he has gone down the wrong path. Android 13 was a monster from the start. Thus Zamasu is not really a pure evil being.
Yes, Zamasu was not an evil person at the beginning, so much so that he had purity of heart. Whereas Android 13 was just a weapon created for destruction, nothing more.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:39 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:47 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:28 am
Yes, Zamasu was not an evil person at the beginning, so much so that he had purity of heart. Whereas Android 13 was just a weapon created for destruction, nothing more.
Yup on that we both agree. Zamasu then became evil. So Android 13 has less moral high ground than Zamasu. It doesn't mean that Zamasu is blameless or can claim moral superiority over Future Trunks but he can claim moral superiority over Android 13.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:57 pm

He also seems like a Super's attempt to bring Syn Shenron and his judgment to universe and mix it with Baby's obsessions and body stealing.
Zamasu blamed Trunks for his existence the same way Syn blamed Goku.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:37 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:57 pm He also seems like a Super's attempt to bring Syn Shenron and his judgment to universe and mix it with Baby's obsessions and body stealing.
Zamasu blamed Trunks for his existence the same way Syn blamed Goku.
Hmm I didn't think of that. But your argument makes sense. Both are blaming others for their own terrible actions.