Freeza is stronger than DBZ Vegetto, and Trunks x Mai is a thing, all your opinions are irrelevant...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Freeza is stronger than DBZ Vegetto, and Trunks x Mai is a thing, all your opinions are irrelevant...

Post by Psajdak » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:25 pm

Anyone ever expected some things will end up the way they are?
Like, even when DB manga was on-going was anyone ever expected that Vegeta will actually MARRY Bulma when he appeared?

To this day, for some reason, people just can't accept that anything can happen.

Why is it so hard for fans to realize that their expectations, and logic don't matter in the slightest?

Surai

Re: Freeza is stronger than DBZ Vegetto, and Trunks x Mai is a thing, all your opinions are irrelevant...

Post by Surai » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:11 pm

I've never seen anyone deny that FnF/DBS Freeza is stronger than Buu Saga Vegeto but if it's the case, yes, it's objectively wrong.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Re: Freeza is stronger than DBZ Vegetto, and Trunks x Mai is a thing, all your opinions are irrelevant...

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:18 pm

I honestly don't mind Feeza being "stronger." The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Of course I wish Freeza had done more than torture one of his minions for a few months but the idea that Freeza would leap ahead in battle power once he understood ki is perfectly reasonable to me. We saw Piccolo manage to close the gap between himself and Freeza's second stage with skill. Give Freeza some of that on top of actual ki control and he could become a serious danger.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:30 pm

I also don't have anything against him being stronger than some later DBZ character who were at time worlds ahead compared to how he was on Namek, and when Trunks killed him.

It's just that prior to him returning in F movie, there was always that unspoken/unwritten consensus among the fandom that his time is over, and he could never actually catch up to the levels of strength displayed post his death.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:36 am

in retrospective... the frieza thing makes more sense now
he born with that power ... it should be better than gohan in potential :think:

almost all couples were forced .. trunks and mai as a couple at least step from being a joke to becoming something serious while fighting together to save the future while other "nostalgic" couples are still a joke not funny

but anyway I can not say anything others have the right to say their opinions but obviously what is official has to be accepted

DBFanTalk

Post by DBFanTalk » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:52 pm

The re-introduction of Frieza was essentially a plot gimmick--the same with Android 17 and Broly. It isn't believable, story-wise, but it doesn't matter because they have commercial value.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:05 pm

Not if you ignore everything after GT like I do! (The 08 Special being the exception.)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:45 pm

Future Trunks had a more unrealistic power growth than Freeza IMO.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147