No, Zamasu was never good.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: No, Zamasu was never good.

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:27 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:44 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:14 pm
Mireya wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:36 am Some questions raised by SupremeKai25 here are interesting. I don't see that much difference between the actions of Beerus to those of Zamasu, despite the latter being treated much more like a villain than Beerus ever was. Beerus almost destroyed the Earth for not eating pudding and has been seen destroying planets for small things like losing in a playing thing or being irritated by some beings, while Zamasu at least had some basis in believing that those barbaric beings would not evolve as much with 1000 years being not enough to show such a remarkable development.
Well the biggest difference is that Zamasu hates mortals in general and wants to kill them alll.
Gods don't care about mortals anyway, as has already been proved many times. Indeed, the main reason why the gods opposed Zamasu wasn't because he was committing genocide but because he was not respecting his role. Had Zamasu been a Destroyer, no one would've cared he was killing mortals.

This is the mistake people make, they dont understand that gods don't think like mortals. From the gods perspective, Zamasu is not evil just because he is committing mortal genocide.
I don't know if ALL the deities don't care about mortals. But the Destroyers and Angels don't. And neither do the Omnikings.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:33 am

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:27 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:14 pm

Well the biggest difference is that Zamasu hates mortals in general and wants to kill them alll.
Gods don't care about mortals anyway, as has already been proved many times. Indeed, the main reason why the gods opposed Zamasu wasn't because he was committing genocide but because he was not respecting his role. Had Zamasu been a Destroyer, no one would've cared he was killing mortals.

This is the mistake people make, they dont understand that gods don't think like mortals. From the gods perspective, Zamasu is not evil just because he is committing mortal genocide.
I don't know if ALL the deities don't care about mortals. But the Destroyers and Angels don't. And neither do the Omnikings.
Kais don't care about mortal lives by default. They are supposed to work alongside Destroyers, whose job is to exterminate species to maintain universal balance. Indeed, the most competent Kai in the cosmos, Anat of U1, was on board with purging the weaker universes during the ToP. Even Gowasu didn't really care that Zamasu considered mortals useless, he just told Zamasu that it wasn't his job as Kai to intervene and that he should have left those matters in the hands of a Destroyer.

Ultimately Kais live for millions and millions of years. They witness the rise and fall of countless mortal civilizations. I doubt they'd get attached to any of them that much and plus their laws bind them to inaction.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:42 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:33 am

Kais don't care about mortal lives by default. They are supposed to work alongside Destroyers, whose job is to exterminate species to maintain universal balance. Indeed, the most competent Kai in the cosmos, Anat of U1, was on board with purging the weaker universes during the ToP. Even Gowasu didn't really care that Zamasu considered mortals useless, he just told Zamasu that it wasn't his job as Kai to intervene and that he should have left those matters in the hands of a Destroyer.

Ultimately Kais live for millions and millions of years. They witness the rise and fall of countless mortal civilizations. I doubt they'd get attached to any of them that much and plus their laws bind them to inaction.
King Kai seems to prove otherwise. But you do make good points.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:44 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Thank you. Yes there are exceptions, like King Kai. Though I wonder why King Kai never tried to convince Shin to deal with Freeza (we know that Supreme Kais are much stronger than Namek arc Freeza). Imagine how many innocent lives could have been saved.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:20 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:44 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Thank you. Yes there are exceptions, like King Kai. Though I wonder why King Kai never tried to convince Shin to deal with Freeza (we know that Supreme Kais are much stronger than Namek arc Freeza). Imagine how many innocent lives could have been saved.
No problem and yeah I agree. Gods in fiction often do things that make us question their worth.