How Much Weaker Was First Form Frieza During Planet Vegeta's Destruction?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How Much Weaker Was First Form Frieza During Planet Vegeta's Destruction?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:47 pm

Considering the fact Frieza in Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku was decades younger than he was during the Planet Namek Saga, would that mean Frieza was weaker than when he went to Planet Namek?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: How Much Weaker Was First Form Frieza During Planet Vegeta's Destruction?

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 pm

He looked the same back then as in Z. He never trained, only sparred with his father but we don't know to what extent. I'm guessing he was as strong as in Z. He was clearly older than in early DBS Broly, so perhaps that spar with King Cold happened between his introduction and Minus.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:04 pm

Outside of the father-son sparring that Koitsukai mentioned, Freeza probably didn't do much of anything. In fact, unless Freeza's race is clarified to retain their power regardless of how much physical activity they engage in, you would think Freeza's body would have atrophied and grown weaker due to lack of said activity. It seems like he primarily sits in his hover chair administrating his empire.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:43 pm

He was just as strong as he was at the Namek saga. The Freeza race naturally maintains their strength even when they don't train (Freeza never trained before RoF).

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:16 pm

I think its possible that Freeza can grow stronger just by keeping up with moderate exercise, to become thousands of times stronger by using Tagoma as a punching bag for 4 months means that Freeza's Ki must rise unintentionally if he simply works up a sweat on any given day. That may just be why Freeza previously remained in his first form and in a hoverchair much of the time, he didn't care to actually increase his strength anymore than it had grown.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:19 pm

He's the same.

Freeza said he never trained in his life in RoF so he has the same power since birth.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:10 am

Yeah if his race has some equivalent of puberty he probably got some proportional increase from that, but otherwise yeah, same as the day he was born.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:53 pm

Better question is, how much stronger Freeza in now, after facing the likes of SSB, Toppo, Jiren, and Broly, if he gained so much after beating up Tagoma.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:53 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:53 pm Better question is, how much stronger Freeza in now, after facing the likes of SSB, Toppo, Jiren, and Broly, if he gained so much after beating up Tagoma.
I thought it was implied that he maxed out and the only thing he gained was True Golden Frieza.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:49 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:53 pm
Psajdak wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:53 pm Better question is, how much stronger Freeza in now, after facing the likes of SSB, Toppo, Jiren, and Broly, if he gained so much after beating up Tagoma.
I thought it was implied that he maxed out and the only thing he gained was True Golden Frieza.
The Broly movie flat out stated that Freeza got stronger after the ToP.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:42 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:49 pm
The Broly movie flat out stated that Freeza got stronger after the ToP.
I thought Vegeta said he was afraid Frieza might get a new form and get stronger.

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:50 pm

He was the same. I see no reason to believe Freeza had increased his power in between Planet Vegeta's destruction, and the Namek arc. Nothing in the older material nor modern material suggests it.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:05 am

The whole premise of his crazy powerboost in RoF is that he literally never trained in his entire life. So I'd imagine that back then he was pretty much the same as he was in the Freeza arc.
Nah, Goku or Vegeta ridicules him in RoF for heading straight to Earth after getting that form, because if he spent more time training he probably would have won.