Vegeta wasn’t warned in the future timeline

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lollijpop

Vegeta wasn’t warned in the future timeline

Post by Lollijpop » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:34 pm

In Future Trunks timeline, all the Z fighters die.
Including his father Vegeta, but why did Vegeta stay?
He obviously had already got Bulma pregnant, but he still stuck around, without knowing of another threat.
My question is why? Was it purely to fight Goku?

He got so obsessed on training and getting stronger, so he wouldn’t die and surpass Goku in our timeline.
Also do we know if he made it to super Saiyan in Future timeline?

If not the urge to defeat goku wasn’t strong enough

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Vegeta wasn’t warned in the future timeline

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Lollijpop wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:34 pm Also do we know if he made it to super Saiyan in Future timeline?
In the anime's continuity, if I remember correctly, yes. We don't know if that's the case in the manga one, though.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:20 pm

If I got to fuck Bulma I probably wouldn't stray too far from Earth

More seriously, future Vegeta watched the legendary super saiyan die of a heart condition. There's a good chance that negatively impacted his desire to train and grow more powerful. Main timeline Vegeta continued to push himself because there was something for him to chase and the power of the Super Saiyan seemed absolute.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:52 pm
Lollijpop wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:34 pm Also do we know if he made it to super Saiyan in Future timeline?
In the anime's continuity, if I remember correctly, yes. We don't know if that's the case in the manga one, though.
Doesnt really matter either because Gohan was one and still got killed, Trunks was one also and still got clobbered. So we can all safely assume that he was, no need to low ball Vegeta if he's gonna get killed anyway.

To answer the OP though, Vegeta stayed on Earth because it was comfortable for him, why leave Earth to just to hope to find a planet thats just as good or better? He already had everything he needed there and yeah of course to eventually rematch Goku.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:49 pm

I'm guessing Vegeta was devastated after Goku's death. So he stayed to challenge him again only now as SS but then Goku died and Vegeta well... that would be a nice spinoff, Vegeta's last days while being dead inside.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:52 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:49 pm I'm guessing Vegeta was devastated after Goku's death. So he stayed to challenge him again only now as SS but then Goku died and Vegeta well... that would be a nice spinoff, Vegeta's last days while being dead inside.
You know what would be a better spinoff?
Seeing what the Z Senshi were up to in the afterlife and why exactly none of them felt obliged enough to inform Gohan & Trunks about the ROSAT or New Namek. Kaio lives in the afterlife and could telepathically communicate and offer assistance with anyone in the living world...yet none of them took advantage of that despite being able to travel to Kaio's world whenever.
Trunks' future is just unnecessarily bleak and we still don't have a direct answer as to why everyone just gave up on Earth's fate.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:10 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:40 pmDoesnt really matter either because Gohan was one and still got killed, Trunks was one also and still got clobbered. So we can all safely assume that he was, no need to low ball Vegeta if he's gonna get killed anyway.
Except no one is "low balling" anyone. I'm just going with what we have.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:26 am

Vegeta's main goal was not only to reach Ssj but to also have a rematch with Goku. Both goals were only doable on earth due to the training tech he had access to and Goku living there.

I'm going to assume that everything leading up to Goku getting sick was the same in the future (unless stated otherwise). By the time Vegeta reached Ssj, like in the present, the androids show up, but unlike the present, Goku and friends aren't looking for them. Everyone hears on the news of odd attacks and go investigate only to find Gero and #19. Goku of course loses to #19 but is saved by Vegeta, only to die later, and the rest is history.

What does this all mean ? it means that by the time Vegeta reaches his first goal and is about to reach his second goal, everything changes with the androids arriving, not giving him time to leave earth, assuming he wanted to.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 am

Apparently Vegeta no longer harboured ambitions of becoming the ruler of the Planet Trade Organisation. Who knows what must have been going through his mind between Goku's demise and the androids/cyborgs appearing. It likely wasn't an enjoyable period of his life.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:14 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:26 am Vegeta's main goal was not only to reach Ssj but to also have a rematch with Goku. Both goals were only doable on earth due to the training tech he had access to and Goku living there.

I'm going to assume that everything leading up to Goku getting sick was the same in the future (unless stated otherwise). By the time Vegeta reached Ssj, like in the present, the androids show up, but unlike the present, Goku and friends aren't looking for them. Everyone hears on the news of odd attacks and go investigate only to find Gero and #19. Goku of course loses to #19 but is saved by Vegeta, only to die later, and the rest is history.

What does this all mean ? it means that by the time Vegeta reaches his first goal and is about to reach his second goal, everything changes with the androids arriving, not giving him time to leave earth, assuming he wanted to.
Not only do we not know about 20 and 19 existing but we do know Goku got sick later in the main timeline.

Trunks is surprised to learn Goku never got sick and hadn't taken the medicine yet.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:15 am

Lionel wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 am Apparently Vegeta no longer harboured ambitions of becoming the ruler of the Planet Trade Organisation. Who knows what must have been going through his mind between Goku's demise and the androids/cyborgs appearing. It likely wasn't an enjoyable period of his life.
Yeah his dream detered of beating SSGoku as a SS himself. Yet he was also free because of freeza being dead.

So he could do anything he wanted but had nothing to do... Weird for him.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:20 am

TobyS wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:14 amNot only do we not know about 20 and 19 existing but we do know Goku got sick later in the main timeline. Trunks is surprised to learn Goku never got sick and hadn't taken the medicine yet.
We know that Dr. Gero activated them in the future, which he wouldn't have done had someone not destroyed #19 and forced him into a corner. Trunks was just a baby when all that happened and it was so long ago that Bulma may not have thought about mentioning those events.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:30 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:20 am
TobyS wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:14 amNot only do we not know about 20 and 19 existing but we do know Goku got sick later in the main timeline. Trunks is surprised to learn Goku never got sick and hadn't taken the medicine yet.
We know that Dr. Gero activated them in the future, which he wouldn't have done had someone not destroyed #19 and forced him into a corner. Trunks was just a baby when all that happened and it was so long ago that Bulma may not have thought about mentioning those events.
It's a whole butterfly effect thing.
We never see or hear about 19 and 20, Bulma and Gohan wouldn't have both forgot about a whole different set of androids first I doubt that. Trunks going back to that day would have had him asking about how that specific day went down. And she'd be like “oh yeah shit there were two whole other androids at first too”

19 and 20 would have a good chance of winning on their own if everyone trained less, no confirmation of SS vegeta and warriors showing up one at a time to fight them and get absorbed....

Gero activated the androids because he was backed into a corner in the present but in the future timeline he may have just felt they were ready, they were weaker in trunks time for starters perhaps as a side effect of an attempt to make them easier to control.

We have no evidence to make assumptions. Cell and Trunks coming back caused huge butterfly effect ripples.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:31 am

In the manga at least future Trunks states Goku died soon after mecha Freeza's coming, so Vegeta may still have spent a considerable time among everyone there even with no Goku.

Kuririn wasn't sure they'd be okay with Vegeta there without a common goal, but I doubt Vegeta would plot anything and I think it might be okay for him to stay some time on Earth. Bulma knew Vegeta had a good side in him as so she stated. If they weren't attacked by the androids, I think I could see Vegeta moving somewhere else, but with no enemies in the galaxy or worth fighters I don't think he'd be finding anything worth of saciating his obsession for battle.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:27 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:20 pm If I got to fuck Bulma I probably wouldn't stray too far from Earth

More seriously, future Vegeta watched the legendary super saiyan die of a heart condition. There's a good chance that negatively impacted his desire to train and grow more powerful. Main timeline Vegeta continued to push himself because there was something for him to chase and the power of the Super Saiyan seemed absolute.
This argument makes no sense. Because Vegeta didn't stop training after Goku died apparently for good (and Gohan retired) after the Cell Games. So there's no reason to assume he'd stop training after Future Goku dies of the heart virus.

Remember, Vegeta's overall goal in for much if the series since day 1 was to be the strongest fighter in all of existence, not just stronger than Goku.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:38 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:27 pm
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:20 pm If I got to fuck Bulma I probably wouldn't stray too far from Earth

This argument makes no sense. Because Vegeta didn't stop training after Goku died apparently for good (and Gohan retired) after the Cell Games. So there's no reason to assume he'd stop training after Future Goku dies of the heart virus.

Remember, Vegeta's overall goal in for much if the series since day 1 was to be the strongest fighter in all of existence, not just stronger than Goku.
Vegeta didn't know Gohan had retired. Besides, the Cell Games ends with Vegeta renouncing martial arts. Something within the seven year skip happened to relight his fighting spirit. Probably the same thing that convinced him to give his relationship with Bulma an actually chance. The situation during the 3 year skip is different, Vegeta is practically a different person.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:42 pm

theherodjl wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:52 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:49 pm I'm guessing Vegeta was devastated after Goku's death. So he stayed to challenge him again only now as SS but then Goku died and Vegeta well... that would be a nice spinoff, Vegeta's last days while being dead inside.
You know what would be a better spinoff?
Seeing what the Z Senshi were up to in the afterlife and why exactly none of them felt obliged enough to inform Gohan & Trunks about the ROSAT or New Namek. Kaio lives in the afterlife and could telepathically communicate and offer assistance with anyone in the living world...yet none of them took advantage of that despite being able to travel to Kaio's world whenever.
Trunks' future is just unnecessarily bleak and we still don't have a direct answer as to why everyone just gave up on Earth's fate.
The Future was doomed no matter what, for several reasons:

First is that no one knew where New Namek was until Goku found out during the 10 day wait for the Cell Games.

2nd is that Shenron & Porunga can't bring back a large group of people that have been dead for over a year.

3rd is that the Kais had no incentive to help out the people of Earth, because unlike with Majin Buu, the Androids were no threat to them nor the Other World because they're weaker than the Supreme Kais and maybe even the Grand Kai. Also there's the fact that the Androids can't even leave Earth, let alone invade the Heavens.

4th is that It took a few months for the cast just to reach Old Namek, New Namek is stated to be much further away from Earth. So even if F.Trunks & F.Bulma found out the location of New Namek, by the time they get there it would be too late to make the wishes to bring everyone back (see #2).

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:46 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:38 pm
Sadala Elite wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:27 pm

Vegeta didn't know Gohan had retired. Besides, the Cell Games ends with Vegeta renouncing martial arts. Something within the seven year skip happened to relight his fighting spirit. Probably the same thing that convinced him to give his relationship with Bulma an actually chance. The situation during the 3 year skip is different, Vegeta is practically a different person.
It doesn't matter if Vegeta knew Gohan retired or not. The point was that with or without Goku being around, Vegeta's main goal in the series was to be stronger than everyone else in general. So it makes no sense to assume Future Vegeta (of all people) would stop training after Future Goku dies of the disease.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:37 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:42 pmThe Future was doomed no matter what, for several reasons:

First is that no one knew where New Namek was until Goku found out during the 10 day wait for the Cell Games.

2nd is that Shenron & Porunga can't bring back a large group of people that have been dead for over a year.

3rd is that the Kais had no incentive to help out the people of Earth, because unlike with Majin Buu, the Androids were no threat to them nor the Other World because they're weaker than the Supreme Kais and maybe even the Grand Kai. Also there's the fact that the Androids can't even leave Earth, let alone invade the Heavens.

4th is that It took a few months for the cast just to reach Old Namek, New Namek is stated to be much further away from Earth. So even if F.Trunks & F.Bulma found out the location of New Namek, by the time they get there it would be too late to make the wishes to bring everyone back (see #2).
1. Goku could find out New Namek's location from Kaio anytime. With IT, Goku can zip to anyone anywhere in the afterlife that he wants to. The narrative is that Goku just decided not to for reasons that haven't been explained yet.

2. Isn't the limitation on how long someone can be revived from strictly reserved for Shenron and not Porunga? I remember Kami mentioned that Shenron can't revive someone gone for more than a year but it was never stated if it was the same for Porunga.

3. Kaio does stuff for Goku all the time whenever he is asked. It goes back to the narrative of Goku simply not asking Kaio for assistance because...reasons.

4. Dr. Briefs had developed a spaceship that could transverse the distance to Namek in less than 1/4th of the time that the initial Namek spaceship could do. As seen in GT, Bulma improved upon her father's tech enough to build a spaceship that could travel around the galaxy in less than a year. Future Bulma even built a freaking time machine so there was never an issue in building a ship that could reach New Namek in time, they just didn't because they had no idea where it was.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:05 am

theherodjl wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:37 pm
Sadala Elite wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:42 pmThe Future was doomed no matter what, for several reasons:

1. Goku could find out New Namek's location from Kaio anytime. With IT, Goku can zip to anyone anywhere in the afterlife that he wants to. The narrative is that Goku just decided not to for reasons that haven't been explained yet.

2. Isn't the limitation on how long someone can be revived from strictly reserved for Shenron and not Porunga? I remember Kami mentioned that Shenron can't revive someone gone for more than a year but it was never stated if it was the same for Porunga.

3. Kaio does stuff for Goku all the time whenever he is asked. It goes back to the narrative of Goku simply not asking Kaio for assistance because...reasons.

4. Dr. Briefs had developed a spaceship that could transverse the distance to Namek in less than 1/4th of the time that the initial Namek spaceship could do. As seen in GT, Bulma improved upon her father's tech enough to build a spaceship that could travel around the galaxy in less than a year. Future Bulma even built a freaking time machine so there was never an issue in building a ship that could reach New Namek in time, they just didn't because they had no idea where it was.
1. King Kai himself didnt know the exact location of New Namek. Goku had to sense the Namekians from Kai's planet to even find it himself.

2. The limitation was that neither Shenron nor Porunga could revive a large group of people at once that have been dead for over a year, not an individual (that's just Shenron).

3. The rest of the Z crew doesnt have the same relationship with King Kai as Goku does. King Kai is never shown doing favors for the other Z crew members.

And there's no reason to assume the Supreme Kais would help against the Androids either (considering that he ignored Freeza, who was terrorizing U7 for decades.)

4. Those are baseless assumptions and GT isnt even canon. And when did Dr. Briefs ever build a confirmed faster ship in the original manga?