I think Gogeta was much stronger than Broly then first thought

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

I think Gogeta was much stronger than Broly then first thought

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 am

I just re watched the fight and noticed that

1. Gogeta did better against Broly then Blue Goku and Vegeta did and then goes SSJ.

2. Once they are both SSJ Gogeta has a nice advantage over Broly and Broly has to go LSSJ. Now while Broly has the advantage here, I noticed that when Broly classes with SSJ Gogeta Broly is not over powering Gogeta in a serious way Had this not been a movie I believe Gogeta would have fought Broly longer before going Blue.

3. Gogeta goes Blue and Broly never touches him again in the fight. Broly powers up again, Gogeta is not using his full power and the look on his face looks like he's not taking Broly serious at all.

This doesn't seem like a close fight to me at all as even Buu could hit Vegetto. This is based on Geekdom's video saying he doesn't know if Gogeta or Jiren would win and I think Gogeta is a lot stronger than thought.

He can casually play around with someone rivaling Beerus.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: I think Gogeta was much stronger than Broly then first thought

Post by wolflonnie » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:58 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 am I just re watched the fight and noticed that

1. Gogeta did better against Broly then Blue Goku and Vegeta did and then goes SSJ.

2. Once they are both SSJ Gogeta has a nice advantage over Broly and Broly has to go LSSJ. Now while Broly has the advantage here, I noticed that when Broly classes with SSJ Gogeta Broly is not over powering Gogeta in a serious way Had this not been a movie I believe Gogeta would have fought Broly longer before going Blue.

3. Gogeta goes Blue and Broly never touches him again in the fight. Broly powers up again, Gogeta is not using his full power and the look on his face looks like he's not taking Broly serious at all.

This doesn't seem like a close fight to me at all as even Buu could hit Vegetto. This is based on Geekdom's video saying he doesn't know if Gogeta or Jiren would win and I think Gogeta is a lot stronger than thought.

I think there are some misconceptions but I agree with the main point.

- Just because Gogeta in base slapped away some ki blasts doesn't mean he's better than Blue Goku or Vegeta. He could be in the same tier, that's for sure. Otherwise he wouldn't have gone SSJ.

- Buu never touched Vegetto, he just hit him with the candy beam, which was ineffective. But in the straight up melee clash, he never inflicted any sort of damage to him.

Last thing, I wouldn't take that seriously Geekdom's videos, as they are still his opinion, which is sometimes based on very minor events that somehow estabilish some weird gerarchies of power.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:25 am

wolflonnie wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:58 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 am I just re watched the fight and noticed that

I think there are some misconceptions but I agree with the main point.

- Just because Gogeta in base slapped away some ki blasts doesn't mean he's better than Blue Goku or Vegeta. He could be in the same tier, that's for sure. Otherwise he wouldn't have gone SSJ.

- Buu never touched Vegetto, he just hit him with the candy beam, which was ineffective. But in the straight up melee clash, he never inflicted any sort of damage to him.

Last thing, I wouldn't take that seriously Geekdom's videos, as they are still his opinion, which is sometimes based on very minor events that somehow estabilish some weird gerarchies of power.
I'm not sure about the Manga but in the anime even though it didn't hurt him Buuhan does punch Vegetto a couple of times. I thought that was interesting.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:34 am

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention that was specific to the manga.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:54 pm

Of course Gogeta is stronger. He was like a cat playing with his food. Having the time of his life.