SSJ Hair Question

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

SSJJollyReaper

SSJ Hair Question

Post by SSJJollyReaper » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:25 am

Hello all, first post. I had a question regarding Saiyan hair.

It is possible to for a saiyan to be bald and have the ability to go SSJ and beyond? I know this may be unknown territory and I’ve seen the Nappa SSJ3 images. Just curious on what all of your thoughts are and perhaps you’ve read something, somewhere!

Thank you

ankokudaishogun
OMG CRAZY REG

Re: SSJ Hair Question

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:03 am

Well, Goku implied Gohan having long hair made it harder for him to transform, so being bald should, if anything, make it easier... or it's just irrelevant

Limitless123

Post by Limitless123 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:59 pm

I don't see why not. The only requirements for becoming a SSJ are being strong enough and having a tranquil heart, the hair is only a product of the transformation. The little hair Nappa has would likely be colored, and SSJ3 would make him grow at least some hair.
Power Levels:
Main Series + GT
Movies

HimuraBenny

Post by HimuraBenny » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:03 pm

Because we rarely see arm hair, or any hair on these guys besides on their head or their tails, id imagine a ssj nappa would have a very slight blonde fuzz on his head. If nappa grew a moustache though...

SSJJollyReaper

Post by SSJJollyReaper » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Love all these answers! I had no idea Goku said that of Gohan, I always wanted to see what Nappa could have achieved. I hope in the future we see another bald Saiyan that achieves SSJ and beyond!

Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:28 pm

You had no idea because Goku never said, much less "implied" such thing. Might as well check Kanzenshuu summary too.

Anyway, I don't know if your original question is about visual, to which you should just check Xenoverse 2 to see how Super Saiyan Nappa looks like and then go to Heroes to see him and Raditz as Super Saiyan 3. Yes, all Saiyans can achieve these transformations if they meet the requirements, it's in their nature after all.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Of course. In Nappa's case, his Ssj1 turns his eyebrows and mustache yellow, while Ssj2 adds sparks to that, and Ssj3 grows his mustache a bit while removing his eyebrows.

ankokudaishogun
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:28 pm
You had no idea because Goku never said, much less "implied" such thing.
Yeah, my bad. I did recalled wrong the old Italian translation, which COULD be interpreted as the hairs being an issue for the transformation... but wasn't likely meant to be taken as such.
Again, my bad sorry.

Aim
Beyond Newbie

Post by Aim » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Depends, Nappa is a bald Saiyan, I don’t think he shaves his head. If he went Super Saiyan his mustache would probably stand on end a bit, same goes for Super Saiyan 2, spikier, and we know what a Super Saiyan 3 Nappa might look like.

A good way to figure these things out is to check out Toriyama’s ‘Neko Majin’, it shows that even a little bit of hair goes spiked when in Super Saiyan.