If Naruto was a Dragonball character, how far would he go?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Re: If Naruto was a Dragonball character, how far would he go?

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:30 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:00 am
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:20 am
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:51 am I think a better question is, what if Saitama were in Dragon Ball.
He'd humiliate Goku then Beerus and then a little crying kid wearing a Dragon Ball hat appears and Saitama licks the tears off his face
Saitama is at best only Namek saga level.
Nah. Saitama is so ridiculously stronger than Goku it's not even a contest. Even if you give Goku Buu-style regen power Saitama still wins.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:44 am

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:30 am Nah. Saitama is so ridiculously stronger than Goku it's not even a contest. Even if you give Goku Buu-style regen power Saitama still wins.
What I see is Saitama kicking around a guy who needs 100% of his power just to destroy Earth. So basically, someone with a Power Level of 18000 or less.

Sure, he didn't take the fight seriously for even a second... But it's still not very strong evidence for "Saitama can beat Goku".
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:15 am

I mean, you just need to look at the level of fight between Boros and Saitama to see Dragon Ball fights don’t get even close to that.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:01 am

I could be wrong, but I think Naruto's author Masashi Kishimoto said that Naruto at the end of the manga was as strong as Nappa.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:46 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:44 am
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:30 am Nah. Saitama is so ridiculously stronger than Goku it's not even a contest. Even if you give Goku Buu-style regen power Saitama still wins.
What I see is Saitama kicking around a guy who needs 100% of his power just to destroy Earth. So basically, someone with a Power Level of 18000 or less.

Sure, he didn't take the fight seriously for even a second... But it's still not very strong evidence for "Saitama can beat Goku".
Not to take this whole thing too seriously for a moment, but he wasn't trying to destroy Earth. He was trying to destroy Saitama. Earth was just part of the collateral. You know, like those sections of the ship that were destroyed by force of his attacks connecting with Saitama.

Come on. It's One Punch Man. Half the joke is Saitama murdering well known anime characters in literally one punch. Boros is clearly a Saiyan stand in. Kabuto was the Eva-01. The show is answering the "who would win" question itself. That's part of the joke.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:01 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:15 am I mean, you just need to look at the level of fight between Boros and Saitama to see Dragon Ball fights don’t get even close to that.
The only notable thing I saw was how gorgeously animated it was. Apart from that, it still wasn't anything you wouldn't see in typical DBZ. If anything, it was less destructive.
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:46 am Not to take this whole thing too seriously for a moment...
Wait, were you memeing? Apologies for not picking up on that earlier. I take things literally.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:15 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:15 am I mean, you just need to look at the level of fight between Boros and Saitama to see Dragon Ball fights don’t get even close to that.
Looks like I accidentally started a Saitama vs Goku debate.

In terms of known feats, Dragon Ball is simply a higher level verse than One Punch Man. Sure, Saitama hasn't shown any effort thus far, but also, no one has even destroyed a planet in One Punch Man yet. Dragon Ball, on the other hand, has universe busters.

Edit: Wait, you guys are memeing. Never mind. :lol:

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:28 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:15 pm In terms of known feats, Dragon Ball is simply a higher level verse than One Punch Man. Sure, Saitama hasn't shown any effort thus far, but also, no one has even destroyed a planet in One Punch Man yet. Dragon Ball, on the other hand, has universe busters.
And One Punch Man is unlikely to ever feature actual planet busting. It's a super hero parody for starters and beyond that there's no way to bring planets back after they're destroyed. So all there is to go by is supplemental material (stuff that lists Boros as a Star Buster) and if Daizenshuus have taught us anything it's that supplemental material should be ignored.
Fionordequester wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:01 pm Wait, were you memeing? Apologies for not picking up on that earlier. I take things literally.
My fault then. I thought the line about Saitama licking the tears off a dragon ball fan made that clear enough.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:34 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:43 pm It's hard to know. I don't watch/read Boruto so I don't know how strong Naruto is in there, but in the main series I don't know if he can beat even Raditz. With train I think he can be stronger than the humans but weaker than the saiyans.

And about Saitama, IMO he is weaker than Goku and Vegeta (saiyan saga).
These are the two major scenes he's involved in that show off his strength. At most, he could probably destroy an island or a city. Probably Piccolo Daimaou-level.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:35 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:28 pm My fault then. I thought the line about Saitama licking the tears off a dragon ball fan made that clear enough.
You'd be amazed, the things I've seen and heard people say with absolute sincerity :P .

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:34 pm

I’m not sure if you guys are being serious or not. But I think Goku vs. Jiren or Gogeta vs. Broli look like a fight between kids in comparison to Saitama vs. Boros.

Dragon Ball Super just has that nonsense of universe-destroying-shockwave stuff in the anime and in the manga when Goku and Beerus clash that adds nothing to the fight and say nothing about their individual strength. The actual fight doesn’t even look that impressive and seems a little disappointing.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:34 pmDragon Ball Super just has that nonsense of universe-destroying-shockwave stuff in the anime and in the manga when Goku and Beerus clash that adds nothing to the fight and say nothing about their individual strength. The actual fight doesn’t even look that impressive and seems a little disappointing.
And then in the very next arc, SSJB Goku gets knocked down in pain by a mountain-cutting Ki blast from Golden Freeza and nearly killed by a fucking laser gun. First, DBS went totally overboard with feats on the scale of destruction and then dialed it all the way back to BoZ-level degrees of destruction with supposedly even stronger characters. All in all, DBS gives us pretty underwhelming-looking fights most of the time.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:44 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:34 pm I’m not sure if you guys are being serious or not. But I think Goku vs. Jiren or Gogeta vs. Broli look like a fight between kids in comparison to Saitama vs. Boros.
I don't know how fair the comparison is. Saitama's fights are animated with the spectacle in mind and Dragon Ball has always been very neat with its violence. Despite the super powers, fights in Dragon Ball are still animated as if these were regular martial artists fighting so punches and kicks don't have much effect until the kill shot. Also not helping is the plastic look everyone in Super has (except Broly, mercifully)

But I do agree with you. The Boros fight was something else. Even setting aside things like an entire deck being wiped out by the blow back of their exchanges, the way the fight was edited is absolutely fantastic. The fight has a whole arc for Boros to go through and towards the end you're almost rooting for the space pirate/conqueror. Which is something DB has seriously lacked since like Cell-era.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:30 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:30 am
Sadala Elite wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:00 am
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:20 am

He'd humiliate Goku then Beerus and then a little crying kid wearing a Dragon Ball hat appears and Saitama licks the tears off his face
Saitama is at best only Namek saga level.
Nah. Saitama is so ridiculously stronger than Goku it's not even a contest. Even if you give Goku Buu-style regen power Saitama still wins.
Nothing from the Boros fight implies that Saitama is stronger than any Post-Namek saga tier character (even if you wank Boros to star-busting levels of power).

https://youtu.be/T38f97uxz4k

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:44 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:50 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:34 pmDragon Ball Super just has that nonsense of universe-destroying-shockwave stuff in the anime and in the manga when Goku and Beerus clash that adds nothing to the fight and say nothing about their individual strength. The actual fight doesn’t even look that impressive and seems a little disappointing.
And then in the very next arc, SSJB Goku gets knocked down in pain by a mountain-cutting Ki blast from Golden Freeza and nearly killed by a fucking laser gun. First, DBS went totally overboard with feats on the scale of destruction and then dialed it all the way back to BoZ-level degrees of destruction with supposedly even stronger characters. All in all, DBS gives us pretty underwhelming-looking fights most of the time.
This type of argument has been debunked multiple times. People use this same argument to deny that anyone from Z could even blow up a planet (even Freeza smh), ignoring Ki-control which even Toriyama explained. And Goku was off-guard when he was hit by the laser in RoF, so that arugment doesn't really prove your point.

Also, there has been plenty of universal busting/4D feats and statements in Super after BoG, like multiple characters breaking Hit's time cage, Zamasu corrupting and merging with an entire multiverse and spreading across timelines, Jiren being stronger than that even when surpressed and "surpassing Time", UI Goku shaking the infinite World of Void just by existing, GoD Toppo almost destroying it with his Hakai (and Freeza surviving that), Kefla stating that she could one-shot a universe, etc.

So no, the universe shockwaves from BoG aren't an outlier. Hell, they even explain why we don't see them anymore during the fight with Beerus itself (Goku learned to control his power).
Last edited by Sadala Elite on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:52 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:34 pm I’m not sure if you guys are being serious or not. But I think Goku vs. Jiren or Gogeta vs. Broli look like a fight between kids in comparison to Saitama vs. Boros.

Dragon Ball Super just has that nonsense of universe-destroying-shockwave stuff in the anime and in the manga when Goku and Beerus clash that adds nothing to the fight and say nothing about their individual strength. The actual fight doesn’t even look that impressive and seems a little disappointing.
The Saitama vs Boros fight had far less environmental destruction than any major DB fight. So this notion that Saitama "looked" stronger is ridiculous.

The universal shockwaves from BoG were outright states and shown to come from Beerus and SSG Goku's powerful punches. So yes, it does say a lot about their strength.

Whereas in OPM, there's virtually nothing in the series implying that Saitama is above small-planet level.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:08 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:44 pmThis type of argument has been debunked multiple times. People use this same argument to deny that anyone from Z could even blow up a planet (even Freeza smh), ignoring Ki-control which even Toriyama explained. And Goku was off-guard when he was hit by the laser in RoF, so that arugment doesn't really prove your point.

Also, there has been plenty of universal busting/4D feats and statements in Super after BoG, like multiple characters breaking Hit's time cage, Zamasu corrupting and merging with an entire multiverse and spreading across timelines, Jiren being stronger than that even when surpressed and "surpassing Time", UI Goku shaking the infinite World of Void just by existing, GoD Toppo almost destroying it with his Hakai (and Freeza surviving that), Kefla stating that she could one-shot a universe, etc.

So no, the universe shockwaves from BoG aren't an outlier. Hell, they even explain why we don't see them anymore during the fight with Beerus itself (Goku learned to control his power).
That's not what I was saying...but good analysis.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:11 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:08 pm
Sadala Elite wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:44 pmThis type of argument has been debunked multiple times. People use this same argument to deny that anyone from Z could even blow up a planet (even Freeza smh), ignoring Ki-control which even Toriyama explained. And Goku was off-guard when he was hit by the laser in RoF, so that arugment doesn't really prove your point.

That's not what I was saying...but good analysis.
Oh, sorry about that then.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:20 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:52 pm Whereas in OPM, there's virtually nothing in the series implying that Saitama is above small-planet level.
keep telling yourself that.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:28 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:52 pm The Saitama vs Boros fight had far less environmental destruction than any major DB fight. So this notion that Saitama "looked" stronger is ridiculous.

The universal shockwaves from BoG were outright states and shown to come from Beerus and SSG Goku's powerful punches. So yes, it does say a lot about their strength.

Whereas in OPM, there's virtually nothing in the series implying that Saitama is above small-planet level.
The whole universe-destroying stuff in the anime is very weird. Their clash doesn’t even look that strong and the shockwaves move in a strange pattern, as if it is in slow motion, which doesn’t make me buy that is supposed to be a fight between gods. At least, that’s my impression. OPM makes everything flow in a fast pace, that’s how it look like a fight between gods. Maybe I’m being unfair because Dragon Ball has an younger audience.