Favourite Evil Scientist

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Favourite Evil Scientist

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:39 am

For me it’s actually Dr. Myuu. I’ve never been a GT hater, though my liking for the series has ebbed and grown over the years several time.

Muu wins out as he’s A) technically the smartest out of all of them (I don’t count the guys from U3 as there’s no evidence that their evil) even if that knowledge was given to him by Baby, B) this means that his creations are the most advanced and powerful, C) while he’s clearly based on Gero his design is the superior of the two D) while he did help create my least favourite main antagonist (Super 17) he also outsmarted Gero and made 17 more loyal to him.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Re: Favourite Evil Scientist

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:55 am

I'm still holding out hope Gohan goes evil and becomes the most evil of evil scientists.

Him aside, I like Dr Wheelo. Yeah, he's a one-dimensional villain but his presentation is so memorable. A brain in a vat, the dark almost green looking water he's engulfed in, and mechanical parts poking out everywhere. It really appealed to the schlock scifi fan in me.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:29 pm

Bardock, he was the best scientist.

Just kidding. I'd say Myuu as well. He caused the most trouble from all evil scientists in DB (there are not many of them though).
But for such weak character to be a major villain in two out of four arcs is amazing. Of course i follow real continuity of GT, not the bullshit one made by FUNimation where episodes on M-2 are part of Baby saga, so i don't count Myuu as part of this saga as he was already dead when the arc started.

Anyway, even if major part of his knowledge came from Baby, we didn't know that until last episode of first arc and still he was the one responsible for creating powerful mutants like Rildo, Sigma Force or Luud. Also, Super 17 was actually his creation, even though he was based on machine mutant technology and Baby wouldn't grow without him anyway. So he was responsible for incredible power of 2 out of 3 main GT villains. 3 out of 4 if we include Rildo, as he can be seen as main villain of first arc as well.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Towa. I could go with her design alone, but her personality is very cool too. Also, it's good to have another take on a common subject. Being female makes for a good difference.

Honorable mention: Fu.

Though I still don't see him as "evil/villain" (mostly because of his portrayal in XV2). It was nice that he inherited both his mother's intelligence and his father's power, making him a great combination of power and wisdom.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:34 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:04 pm Towa. I could go with her design alone, but her personality is very cool too. Also, it's good to have another take on a common subject. Being female makes for a good difference.

Honorable mention: Fu.

Though I still don't see him as "evil/villain" (mostly because of his portrayal in XV2). It was nice that he inherited both his mother's intelligence and his father's power, making him a great combination of power and wisdom.
Somehow i completely forgot about Towa. I still choose Myuu, but i also like Towa. She'd be my second pick after Myuu.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:59 pm

God I'm really boring; Dr. Gero.

He managed to actually destroy the future timeline but ironically had a hand in saving the present with 17 winning the ToP. That amuses me greatly.

Also I actually quite like the ki absorption idea he started the trend of.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."