What is the relationship between the Frieza Force and the Galactic Patrol like?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

What is the relationship between the Frieza Force and the Galactic Patrol like?

Post by Peach » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:15 am

One thing I'm very confused about is the relationship between the Galactic Patrol and Frieza Force.

Are they enemies? Because it's strange Galactic Patrol hasn't arrested Frieza when they have someone as powerful as Moro.

Are they allies?

Are they neutral and just outside each other's territory?

Does Frieza have any influence over them? Does he tolerate their existence because they deal with criminals that are threat to him?

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: What is the relationship between the Frieza Force and the Galactic Patrol like?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:42 pm

I think it's a cold war/stalemate matter. They could do damage to each other, but they don't want to risk going too far, so they sort of avoid/overlook each other at present.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

MechaTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Re: What is the relationship between the Frieza Force and the Galactic Patrol like?

Post by MechaTrunks » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:12 pm

Peach wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:15 am One thing I'm very confused about is the relationship between the Galactic Patrol and Frieza Force.

Are they enemies? Because it's strange Galactic Patrol hasn't arrested Frieza when they have someone as powerful as Moro.

Are they allies?

Are they neutral and just outside each other's territory?

Does Frieza have any influence over them? Does he tolerate their existence because they deal with criminals that are threat to him?
It's implied that the galactic patrol avoided Freezer (in RoF Jaco clearly knew who he was and he clearly didn't want to arrest him).
Moro was reduced thanks to the main kaiohshin sealing his power (while losing most of his own), and Meerus couldn't use his angel powers so it would have been impossible for him to fight Freezer with just the galactic patrol weapons.

And considering an attack on the galactic prison could free Moro, it's only logic that they didn't interfere with Freezer's empire.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:47 pm

I can't wait until I have all my Galactic Patrol wiki stuff done to just link for questions like these! :oops:

So near as I can tell, the idea of a "space police organization" (as it was originally called) debuted in Dragon Ball lore as background information for Amond (from DBZ movie 3), which says:
He was originally a villainous criminal traveling around the galaxy, but he was arrested by the space police organization and jailed on planet Nutz. He broke out when Tullece attacked planet Nutz, and became one of his men.
Daizenshuu 7 then gives an entry on this organization, without citing Amond at all, and instead describing it as:
A “Galactic Police Organization” exists in the universe. However, they lack the fighting ability to oppose Freeza and the Saiyans.
So from effectively the very beginning, long before Sachie-chan was a gleam in Toriyama's eye, the Galactic Patrol was set up as an organization that doesn't actually bother with the stronger folks out there, because they can't handle it.

Many years later, chapter 11 of Jaco the Galactic Patrolman has Jaco himself stating the same thing, that they are capable fighters but they are no match for Freeza or adult Saiyans... and he then goes on to add that the Extinction Bomb doesn't work on them, either.

We know (from the Super volume 10 bonus story) that Cranberi ends up on the lam from not just Freeza's army but also the Galactic Patrol, but we don't really know the extent of if they're going after him BECAUSE he left and he's an easy target now, what other trouble he got into, etc. Eventually they do in fact capture him.

With regard to Moro, remember that the Galactic Police (the predecessors to the Galactic Patrol) only managed to lock up Moro because of Dai Kaioshin actually taking him on and capturing him.

So in the end: y'all are absolutely right in that they watch and maintain peace up to a point... and that point is anyone stronger than them! :lol:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:03 pm

It’d be pretty funny if Freeza’s reign were to ultimately end with him somehow getting arrested by the Galactic Patrol, as opposed to dying for the umpteenth time.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:04 pm

They do try to stop Saiyans sent to planets to conquer them as babies, so they are interfering with Freeza's plans.

Freeza doesn't deliberately try to wipe them out probably because it would be too much effort, they are too widely spread across the galaxy, and they don't cause him enough trouble to be worth such a campaign.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147