Could A Fusion Of Bardock & King Vegeta Have Defeated Freeza?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Could A Fusion Of Bardock & King Vegeta Have Defeated Freeza?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:57 am

Supposing the Metamor's technique had made it to Planet Vegeta and was practiced by the strongest Saiyans. Could King Bargeta(Vegedock?) have been able to defeat Freeza? If not by their ordinary form then how about by Oozaru King Bargeta?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Could A Fusion Of Bardock & King Vegeta Have Defeated Freeza?

Post by Desassina » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:36 am

They would accomplish a Barking Dog :lol: I don't know about battle powers, but they seemed more distant in rank and relationship than Vegeta and Goku, so the possibility of them fusing is strange. However, fusion has been known for great power, it's just that neither one of them had accomplished the means to power up yet.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:50 am

Even with fusion, which can be quite unpredictable at times, I find it really unlikely that they'd go from being weaker than Dodoria to being able defeat True Form Freeza at 100%
They might go past one or more of Freeza's first three forms with varying levels of difficulty, in my opinion.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:58 pm

Nope.

Even if you multiplied Bardock's power level by Vegeta's power level it's still weaker than Frieza. Looks like it really takes a Super Saiyan to beat him.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:02 pm

I could see them being powerful enough to force Frieza to transform, but I don't think they could take on Frieza's final form, even without 100% or even 50%.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:11 pm

I don't remember Freeza's power level, but if we assume that King Vegeta's power level was also close to ten thousand, multiplied by Bardock's (close to) ten thousand, you'd get King Bargeta/King Vegedock with approximately one hundred million. I think that's stronger/higher than Freeza's third form's power level.

We can always take Bardock post-Episode of Bardock events too, which would certainly help the fused being to be strong enough to defeat Freeza in his Full Power state.

Oozaru King Bargeta/King Vegedock would have a power level of one billion. More than enough to finger flick Freeza to death.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:27 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:11 pm I don't remember Freeza's power level, but if we assume that King Vegeta's power level was also close to ten thousand, multiplied by Bardock's (close to) ten thousand, you'd get King Bargeta/King Vegedock with approximately one hundred million. I think that's stronger/higher than Freeza's third form's power level.

We can always take Bardock post-Episode of Bardock events too, which would certainly help the fused being to be strong enough to defeat Freeza in his Full Power state.

Oozaru King Bargeta/King Vegedock would have a power level of one billion. More than enough to finger flick Freeza to death.
Oozaru against an opponent as strong and fast as Frieza would have the same weaknesses as Super Saiyan grade 3 against Cell. They would be a giant target against an opponent with a move similar to a destro disk. Seriously doubt Oozaru has the dexterity to lay a finger on Frieza, let alone stop him from blowing up the planet.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:32 pm

Where was it said that fused characters' power is result of A power x B power?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:07 pm

Peach wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:27 pmOozaru against an opponent as strong and fast as Frieza would have the same weaknesses as Super Saiyan grade 3 against Cell. They would be a giant target against an opponent with a move similar to a destro disk. Seriously doubt Oozaru has the dexterity to lay a finger on Frieza, let alone stop him from blowing up the planet.
Tell that to Golden Oozaru Baby Vegeta and Hirudegarn (I don't remember if Doctor Wheelo was fast too). Being a giant target doesn't necessarily mean it's guaranteed that you're going to hit the target, you know.
Psajdak wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:32 pm Where was it said that fused characters' power is result of A power x B power?
Super Exciting Guide.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:20 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:32 pm Where was it said that fused characters' power is result of A power x B power?
Never. I was just showing that even the maximum multiple possible is still far weaker than Frieza.
Grimlock wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:07 pm
Peach wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:27 pmOozaru against an opponent as strong and fast as Frieza would have the same weaknesses as Super Saiyan grade 3 against Cell. They would be a giant target against an opponent with a move similar to a destro disk. Seriously doubt Oozaru has the dexterity to lay a finger on Frieza, let alone stop him from blowing up the planet.
Tell that to Golden Oozaru Baby Vegeta and Hirudegarn (I don't remember if Doctor Wheelo was fast too). Being a giant target doesn't necessarily mean it's guaranteed that you're going to hit the target, you know.
That's filler created by Toei. You can't possible think that a giant monkey wouldn't have the same problem Trunks had against Cell. Yajiarobi cut off Vegeta's tail lol.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:29 am

Peach wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:20 pmThat's filler created by Toei. You can't possible think that a giant monkey wouldn't have the same problem Trunks had against Cell. Yajiarobi cut off Vegeta's tail lol.
Even in the manga, Oozaru has never had a problem with speed along the lines of SSJG3. Your example with Vegeta & Yajirobe isn't even a valid comparison as Vegeta was clearly caught off guard. By that logic, I guess Sorbet w/ring laser >>> SSJB Goku in speed because he caught him off guard.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:16 am

If each of them had a battle power in the middle of 11,000, their fusion would have about 121,000,000 against Freeza’s 120,000,000. I guess it would be a pretty close battle. Either Freeza would lose steam or fusion would expire first. I think they would have a chance.

HimuraBenny

Post by HimuraBenny » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:28 am

The only way to beat Frieza at that point in the story is to prove allegiance in a very dominant fashion.

There was no way to overpower Frieza.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:00 am

HimuraBenny wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:28 am The only way to beat Frieza at that point in the story is to prove allegiance in a very dominant fashion.

I don't know. Fusion can have a really overpowered effect on Saiyans; there's evidence that even a base fusion is considerably stronger than either fusee as SSJs. Base Vegetto was stronger than SSJ3 Goku. Base Gotenks was stronger than Piccolo, a character on par with SSJs. Base Kefla was stronger than SSJG Goku. There's no reason why fusion would be significantly inferior for Bardock & King Vegeta so we can safely assume they'd skyrocket in power just like the others. Adding Oozaru on top is surely a death sentence for pre-ROF Freeza.

HimuraBenny

Post by HimuraBenny » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:16 am

theherodjl wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:00 am
HimuraBenny wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:28 am The only way to beat Frieza at that point in the story is to prove allegiance in a very dominant fashion.

I don't know. Fusion can have a really overpowered effect on Saiyans; there's evidence that even a base fusion is considerably stronger than either fusee as SSJs. Base Vegetto was stronger than SSJ3 Goku. Base Gotenks was stronger than Piccolo, a character on par with SSJs. Base Kefla was stronger than SSJG Goku. There's no reason why fusion would be significantly inferior for Bardock & King Vegeta so we can safely assume they'd skyrocket in power just like the others. Adding Oozaru on top is surely a death sentence for pre-ROF Freeza.
Truth be told I do not know enough about fusion to discuss your points head on, but I have what I consider an "important fusion qualifier".

I believe personal compatibility is a big part of fusion, going by the fact that those who have successfully fused and fought in the past have been good friends.

If Bardock and one of his cohorts fused, they would be much more successful in challenging Frieza imo.

My issue with defeating Frieza in this stage of the story is the fact that he still might have saiyan sympathizers, and his brother Cooler would also be a formidable foe even if you destroy Frieza.

The Frieza faction is also super strong with many people who would be happy to take the little guy's place ahead of leaving planet vegeta alone.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:31 am

Peach wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:20 pmThat's filler created by Toei.
Not that that "argument" invalidates the point being made.
Peach wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:20 pmYou can't possible think that a giant monkey wouldn't have the same problem Trunks had against Cell. Yajiarobi cut off Vegeta's tail lol.
I can. Super Saiyan Grade 3 is not the same as Oozaru, that comparison doesn't even make sense. Trunks got slow due to the giant muscles compared to his body. Oozaru has arms that fit his body, so he won't lose speed due to that. Transformations, with a few exception, also serve to increase speed, not just power.

Yajirobi cut off Vegeta's tail because he was off guard, not because Vegeta saw him but was slow enough to dodge it.

~ Day of the Machines ~

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:28 pm

HimuraBenny wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:16 amTruth be told I do not know enough about fusion to discuss your points head on, but I have what I consider an "important fusion qualifier".

I believe personal compatibility is a big part of fusion, going by the fact that those who have successfully fused and fought in the past have been good friends.

If Bardock and one of his cohorts fused, they would be much more successful in challenging Frieza imo.

My issue with defeating Frieza in this stage of the story is the fact that he still might have saiyan sympathizers, and his brother Cooler would also be a formidable foe even if you destroy Frieza.

The Frieza faction is also super strong with many people who would be happy to take the little guy's place ahead of leaving planet vegeta alone.
While it is a possibility that a fusion's power could be improved by the personal compatability between the fusees, the fusee's individual strength & potential is more likely to improve the fusion's power than just the nature of their relationship. Kaioshin & Kibito have known each other for many thousands or even millions of years, far longer than any other fusees in-universe, yet that seemed to barely add anything to their fusion, if at all.
King Vegeta & Bardock were the only adult Saiyans to both hit the 10,000 mark in battle power, likely meaning that their potential was top notch among the Saiyans of Planet Vegeta, along with power of course. A fusion between the two would undoubtedly be the best that the Saiyans had to offer at the time. If their fusion were to get higher than Freeza's full power just in ordinary form, an Oozaru fusion would crush even Cooler. It might not be until Cell appears that a Bardock/King Vegeta Oozaru fusion would finally be defeated.

HimuraBenny

Post by HimuraBenny » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:24 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:28 pm
HimuraBenny wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:16 amTruth be told I do not know enough about fusion to discuss your points head on, but I have what I consider an "important fusion qualifier".

While it is a possibility that a fusion's power could be improved by the personal compatability between the fusees, the fusee's individual strength & potential is more likely to improve the fusion's power than just the nature of their relationship. Kaioshin & Kibito have known each other for many thousands or even millions of years, far longer than any other fusees in-universe, yet that seemed to barely add anything to their fusion, if at all.
King Vegeta & Bardock were the only adult Saiyans to both hit the 10,000 mark in battle power, likely meaning that their potential was top notch among the Saiyans of Planet Vegeta, along with power of course. A fusion between the two would undoubtedly be the best that the Saiyans had to offer at the time. If their fusion were to get higher than Freeza's full power just in ordinary form, an Oozaru fusion would crush even Cooler. It might not be until Cell appears that a Bardock/King Vegeta Oozaru fusion would finally be defeated.
Eh, I trust Frieza's conniving-ness over Bardock/King Vegeta's power. All things being equal otherwise, it would be a fight to the death.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:30 pm

In his base or Oozaru forms? I'm not so sure. I think he's gonna need Super Saiyan in order to defeat Freeza.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:40 pm

Oh, right. Freeza's highest number is one hundred and twenty million, isn't? Base King Bargeta/King Vegedock would be close to that. He'd be lower than him by twenty million. I wonder if that's enough to make things easy to Freeza.

At any rate, his Oozaru would be more than enough then. Super Saiyan would be overkill.

~ Day of the Machines ~