What DB level was Videl at her best?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What DB level was Videl at her best?

Post by Psajdak » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:56 pm

I mean, if she was in original Dragon Ball, which characters could he face, and win?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What DB level was Videl at her best?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 pm

She could probably beat Ranfan, but narrowly lose to Namu.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:23 am

That would be up to imagination. :P

I think she could probably defeat Oolong, Boss Carrot, and maybe Pilaf. Giran, Nam, and Yamcha after Bulma boosts his self esteem would be a problem.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:32 am

DB Humans >>> DBZ Humans :roll:

whether it is consistent or not what can be seen when normal humans jump several meters high, destroys walls etc

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:46 am

Videl's best feat was breaking Spopovitch's neck, a character on par with early DB levels which indicates that her striking power is impressive. However, Spopovitch holding back beat her into a bloody, injured mess so evidently she can dish it out but cannot take it. If we go by offense, Videl ranks maybe as high as 21st Tenkaichi-tier. In defense, only marginally higher than the Shotgun Farmer.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:58 am

She could have taken down Beerus, but she cut her pigtails off, thus losing all her power.

Truly tragic.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:02 am

Tai Lung wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:32 am DB Humans >>> DBZ Humans :roll:
Yeah. DB humans knew the world of martial arts and even those that didn't carried equalizers like power/laser guns. Z-era humans seemed to have regressed to the point where even the setting's scifi weaponry has vanished.

As much as I like Videl she'd probably just be another martial artist Goku and gang would walk over. I do think she'd have fit in better in that era of Dragon Ball.
Ajay wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:58 am She could have taken down Beerus, but she cut her pigtails off, thus losing all her power.

Truly tragic.
You joke but I defy anyone to name a DB character who benefited from a haircut. Yamcha? Loses Bulma to Vegeta and then gets an android arm through the chest. Gohan? Stops training and has to call in Vegeta and Goku to solve his problems. But what happened when Krilling grew out his hair? He married No 18.

'Nuff said.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:42 am

I always thought short haired Videl looked better than before.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:17 pm

I'd give her an 8 or so. That'd place her at first show-down Kuririn and slightly below Yamcha, so I think beginning of the series, pre Roshi training Kuririn may be the strongest character she can best in a fight, that when exploiting the fact that she can fly and her minimal knowledge on chi.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:16 pm

Going by the tolerance for long-ranged planetary flight in relation to past characters like Tenshinhan during the King Piccolo arc, it seems like her power level would be surprisingly high for a normal human -- in the hundreds range perhaps.

Videl's physical feats otherwise don't seem all too impressive. What we know of her fighting abilities comes largely from her fight with Spopovich who was confirmed to be restraining himself. Gohan also felt it necessary to interfere before she was shot while apprehending two criminals

It seems contradictory at first glance by her ability to fly long distances but Videl is probably weaker than Goku at the beginning of Z.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Far stronger than any ordinary human but doesn't rank very high in context of Dragon Ball. Videl's best feats are accidentally twisting Spopovich's neck 180° with a kick and busting a sandbag after beating on it for a long time (anime-only) but that's nothing compared to dudes who can destroy planets with just their fingers.

Beginning of series Goku would whoop her ass.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:13 am

She might be able to beat Giran if she avoids the Gurugurugum and has a good defense and evasion against his slower physical strikes. She could probably also beat Ranfan, Silver, White, not-Bruce Lee, Staff Officer Black. Also anime Pamput. Basically, all of the tertiary martial artists.

It's a shame her training arc had to be cut short. It's clear pretty early on that Toriyama had bigger ideas for her role at the beginning of the Boo arc.