Could a character hypothetically fuse infinitely using the multiform technique?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Could a character hypothetically fuse infinitely using the multiform technique?

Post by DiscountDabi » Fri May 08, 2020 2:44 am

Lets say someone like Piccolo who knows the fusion dance used the Multiform Technique and then fused, that would be a viable technique to get nearly infinitely stronger at least temporarily since making a copy splits your power in half and then fusion adds it together and “Significantly Magnifies” it.

I don’t know, these are just random thoughts I have at 3 in the morning.

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Could a character hypothetically fuse infinitely using the multiform technique?

Post by emperior » Fri May 08, 2020 4:48 am

I doubt it would ever work. And if it did, the fusion would just be as strong as the original single person and not stronger.
We don’t even know if a fusion can fuse again. I bet it can’t.

Also, the copies Tenshinan makes, for example, automatically returned to a single entity when he got defeated so they work kind of like Naruto clones.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Could a character hypothetically fuse infinitely using the multiform technique?

Post by Peach » Sat May 09, 2020 12:21 am

What would be the point of that? Tien fragments his power when he splits himself. It's not like he would be stacking more power on his regular power.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat May 09, 2020 5:36 am

The Shishin no Ken and such aren't actual flesh and blood organisms though, but are ki constructs just given physical form (think of them as being similar in nature to Gotenks' Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack). Therefore, I don't think it's feasible for a character to merge with ki like that.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat May 09, 2020 6:04 pm

If the fusion works, he could fuse as many times as he can in half an hour and become really powerful, then the first fusion wears off and he defuses or explodes. Also, maybe if he receives enough damage, the copy half disappears and he defuses or fully disappear as a copy. :lol:
It would be a good technique for Neko Majin to try.