Bulma had a romantic relationship with Yamcha and Vegeta at the same time?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Bulma had a romantic relationship with Yamcha and Vegeta at the same time?

Post by Tai Lung » Tue May 12, 2020 6:09 pm

After reading the manga again I realized that it is not really accurate when the relationship of yamcha and bulma ended and when the relationship with vegeta began

(old terrible scanlation removed by mod)

however from tien shinhan's comments we know that yamcha still lived in bulma's house .. so after vegeta stayed in her house .. the 3 of them found themselves living together throughout the year and maybe more

in fact you can see all 3 at a party when frieza returns to earth

(old terrible scanlation removed by mod)

how do you think their relationship was when they lived together?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Bulma had a romantic relationship with Yamcha and Vegeta at the same time?

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 12, 2020 7:20 pm

I imagine Blooma only slept with Vegeta after a fight with Yamcha. That or they were in a threesome while Oolong filmed from a closet. Flip a coin.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 12, 2020 8:53 pm

If she did, Vegeta would have killed him.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

GoodboiRaditz

Post by GoodboiRaditz » Tue May 12, 2020 9:22 pm

Vegeta was yelling and mocking Yamcha whenever he gets the chance , Yamcha couldn't do a thing about it because he would be crushed , with Bulma admiring Vegeta's character , so that's how it went for year in my headcannon.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:23 pm

Well, I would imagine that Bloomers is the type to not take sex too romantically. And if she wasn't in a relationship with either at the time, I doubt she'd have any qualms about simply sleeping with whichever one didn't piss her off that day.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:10 am

If you mean that Bulma likely cheated on Yamcha to have sex with Vegeta, then yeah.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed May 13, 2020 4:37 pm

The idea of Bulma cheating on Yamcha with the guy who indirectly caused his death, while also telling her son that he was the one who cheated on her, would make her seem pretty damn despicable.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 13, 2020 8:18 pm

Pretty sure Blooma just wasn't all the in to Yamcha anymore, broke up with him, then hate-fucked Vegeta to process the stress of the break-up.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:20 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:37 pm The idea of Bulma cheating on Yamcha with the guy who indirectly caused his death, while also telling her son that he was the one who cheated on her, would make her seem pretty damn despicable.
It's not out of character for her sadly. Her eyes were always wandering even while she was with Yamcha. She's too concerned about her own image.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 13, 2020 10:52 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:20 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:37 pm The idea of Bulma cheating on Yamcha with the guy who indirectly caused his death, while also telling her son that he was the one who cheated on her, would make her seem pretty damn despicable.
It's not out of character for her sadly. Her eyes were always wandering even while she was with Yamcha. She's too concerned about her own image.
Why is it sad? She's an adult [fictional] character. Let her do as she pleases.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:57 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:52 pm

Tell yourself that. Shes a drawing. I can't "ler her do as she pleases" because she's not real. I'm not sure what your point was.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 14, 2020 1:03 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:57 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:52 pm

Tell yourself that. Shes a drawing. I can't "ler her do as she pleases" because she's not real. I'm not sure what your point was.
Read for first sentence. It doesn't make any sense.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu May 14, 2020 10:36 am

I wouldn’t say she had a romantical relationship with either one of them. Yamcha probably was too nervous to have sex with a girl anyway and Vegeta didn’t care until he and Bulma started to get closer in the 3-year period after Freeza’s death.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu May 14, 2020 3:01 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:36 am I wouldn’t say she had a romantical relationship with either one of them. Yamcha probably was too nervous to have sex with a girl anyway and Vegeta didn’t care until he and Bulma started to get closer in the 3-year period after Freeza’s death.
Doesn't Yamcha cheat on Bulma? Or is it he is just flirting which while still cheating is slightly different

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu May 14, 2020 6:10 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:01 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:36 am I wouldn’t say she had a romantical relationship with either one of them. Yamcha probably was too nervous to have sex with a girl anyway and Vegeta didn’t care until he and Bulma started to get closer in the 3-year period after Freeza’s death.
Doesn't Yamcha cheat on Bulma? Or is it he is just flirting which while still cheating is slightly different
That’s what Trunks claimed, but we never actually saw any examples of that, and it’s kind of at odds with Toriyama’s later statements about how Yamcha still hasn’t gotten over his fear of women. It’s pretty obvious that the whole bit about Yamcha not being faithful to Bulma was just something Toriyama casually threw in there so that Bulma could have a convenient excuse to dump him for Vegeta without coming across as an asshole and/or an idiot.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Bulma's always been a bit of a temperamental, vain woman whose attitude could just be unbearable at times so its not any wonder that her & Yamcha didn't work out. Vegeta on the otherhand, preferred that about Bulma and is something that he confirmed in DBS regarding Saiyan relationships.
It was probably better off that way as some anime filler depicted Bulma as treating Yamcha like crap at times. They were oil & water when together so its no big loss.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sat May 16, 2020 4:47 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:20 pm
So true.

Even in Early DB, Bulma was throwing herself at every handsome guy she saw awhile she was with Yamcha.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat May 16, 2020 5:11 am

This is Dragon Ball, where romantic relationships are utterly random and unpredictable.

This is not beyond Bulma to be with both a prince and a bandit.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:48 pm

I thought Yamcha cheated in the saiyan saga? I always assumed that Yamcha and Bulma were on the rocks and Yamcha does something again and Bulma uses Vegeta as a rebound.

Basically Yamcha cheats and Bulma dumps him. Yamcha dies and is revived so Bulma takes him back. Bulma loves Yamcha but Vegeta has the qualities she is really attracted to. Yamcha does something again during the Android trainning(could have flirted with another woman or just had a big fight with Bulma, we do see in Filler he was jealous of Vegeta he could have accused Bulma of cheating so she is done for good).

Bulma has a rebound with Vegeta who needs to blow of his own steam from not being a ssj(another head canon is he was celebrating becoming a ssj because I forget if they mention how many times Vegeta went off into space to train).

Bam Trunks is conceived.